SMobile Systems, today released the latest version of its mobile anti-virus solution for BlackBerry, featuring ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

New version: anti-virus solution for BlackBerry by Smobile

Advertisement

SMobile Systems, today released the latest version of its mobile anti-virus solution for BlackBerry, featuring support for the new BlackBerry Pearl, as well as all previous versions of BlackBerry. SMobile's VirusGuard for BlackBerry is currently the only anti- virus solution for BlackBerry available on the market. -- Read more

auroran no está en línea Stack level 2
    How much protection do blackberries need from viruses?
    I figure it'd be better to do the scanning on the exchange (or whichever) server for a company or the isp side if you're not running bes.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    See I am not paranoid. LOL
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    So there is a site we can go to, to scan for a virus? Where would that be? Thanks

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I read the info on the website and it looks like this is intended for BES users...Not sure where BIS users would fit in .....Maybe someone else who is more IT savvy could break it down for us.

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A
    yeah this does seem geared more towards the BES user. In fact it almost seems like it's more a program to prevent malware from entering a BES network through the blackberry. Their site referenced something called BBProxy. Which seems to be something that give an attacker access to the BES network through the BB. I think this product is for the paranoid BES Admin who has a big budget
    But I guess it woudln't be impossible for someone to gain access to a coroporate network through BB. I would imagine there are probably easier ways.

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Re: New version: anti-virus solution for BlackBerry by Smobile

I questioned Smobile on the question of why we would need this solution. They stated that there are currently 2 virus' that we need to protect against, BBProxy and redbrowser, a virus that sends premium SMS messages from the phone without the user knowing. I have done research on both BBProxy and redbrowser and both look like there is a very low risk of infection by either. Does anyone have any opinions on the product that has used it, or is currently using it. Our company is about 75 users and this would be very expensive to implement this, when we could just lock down third party apps.

silver_max no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: New version: anti-virus solution for BlackBerry by Smobile

I have heard, the will be a software from Norton, too !