Mobile Enterprise Mag posted the first in a series of articles based on findings of ... Smartphone News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

New Study Shows Projected Growth for Smartphone Platforms in Enterprise

Mobile Enterprise Mag posted the first in a series of articles based on findings of Aberdeen Groups recent report "Enterprise Mobile Strategies 2010: More Mobility, Same Budget". The series of articles and the study may be an interesting and worthwhile read for those involved in enterprise.

"BlackBerry's current use at 74% and Windows' use at 63% show their dominant position due to their historical legacy: however, note that the new platforms are on the ascendancy. iPhone penetration has already far exceeded that of Symbian. With Android and Palm (including both the Treo's OS plus the new webOS) both at 14%, this demonstrates increased end-user interest in new platforms. Even more telling are the respondents' plans for the next 12 months: only 3%, 7%, and 6% plan on investing in the legacy platforms of BlackBerry, Windows, and Symbian respectively."

While I am not at all surprised by the projected growth of Android I did not expect to see projected BlackBerry growth in Enterprise to be even lower than Windows Mobile. It would be interesting to see real growth specs at the end of the year to see if they fall in line with this report.

[Full Article]
    [via IntoMobile]
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    As users trade in or are forced to get newer devices for one reason or another I think this is what we will see. BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) has been adopted by many Companies as a way to save money. The users are happier and get to use the device they like best. Companies are no longer shoving a BB down an employees throat as the only form of staying connected.

I think Android will kill WMO within 2 years. Seven dot may hold them off but I just don't see it.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16