Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

June 1st is the day a fresh crop of BlackBerries will appear The successor to ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

New RIM BlackBerry June 1st!

Advertisement

June 1st is the day a fresh crop of BlackBerries will appear

The successor to the recent BlackBerry 8700 (pictured) will be squirting into view at the end of next week. Mark 1 June 2006 in your Blackberry calender – it’s the day when the world will get its first glimpse of the new BlackBerry. With limited details released what will the new features be? RIM's President and co-CEO, Mike Lazaridis, confirmed that RIM will launch a line of BlackBerry devices with a "lifestyle", "prosumer" feature-set.

Lazaridis reveals that some of the specific features offered will include improved multimedia performance, expandable memory, Wi-Fi, integrated GPS and a smaller, lighter design. Lazaridis said that there "could" also be a built-in camera.

Stay tuned for more details!

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: New RIM BlackBerry June 1st!

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    June 1st is the day a fresh crop of BlackBerries will appear

The successor to the recent BlackBerry 8700 (pictured) will be squirting into view at the end of next week. Mark 1 June 2006 in your Blackberry calender – it’s the day when the world will get its first glimpse of the new BlackBerry. With limited details released what will the new features be? RIM's President and co-CEO, Mike Lazaridis, confirmed that RIM will launch a line of BlackBerry devices with a "lifestyle", "prosumer" feature-set.

Lazaridis reveals that some of the specific features offered will include improved multimedia performance, expandable memory, Wi-Fi, integrated GPS and a smaller, lighter design. Lazaridis said that there "could" also be a built-in camera.

Stay tuned for more details!

Yeah, I'm so glad I waited for the 8700g now I might be getting something better! Thanks for the update Hydn!

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

I wonder who the carrier will be? I cant see Cingular or Tmobile, as they have released the 8700's already. This can only be Verizon or Sprint I would assume, as they have waited on releaseing a 8700 (possibly for this reason).

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I'm really looking forward to see. I really don't care too much about what carrier (hopefully it's Tmo or Cingular). I really want to see what capabilities the BB will be able support and perform.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Tmo or Cingular... or all of them.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

See I would be surprised if it was tmobile or cingular. They JUST released the 8700 models. It would seem to be terrible for business to release another qwerty BB so soon. I just dont see it happening. Now, Verizon and Sprint, have purposly held off on 8700 models, even when qualcomm has made the CDMA chipset for this model already. Why is that??

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Well If TMO get the new BB's, I am definately upgrading...I was looking at the 8700, but opted out on the upgrade...I knew sooner than later RIM was gonna come up with new, more efficient BB's so I m glad I decided to wait....fo shizzle....
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

steelers5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    305D0FEA

I wouldn't think the new device would be on Verizon as they are releasing the Q in stores June 5th and are promoting it heavily in print and on TV. I hope it is through Cingular.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Doubt it will be tmo. They release new devices on the european market months before they release in the US, hence the delay for the 8700. If tmo were releasing one, we'd see it in europe first then here after about 6 mon.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Not really. I just found this link to the press release last year of the 7105t launch and I don't see any other press releases of it being launched in any other countries. http://www.blackberry.com/news/press..._2005-01.shtml

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

I think it will ne Cingular and TMO....My friend is with Sprint and he say they are promoting the Treo...The suspense is killing me!!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Well the Spring 7130e is offically out now... Possible its that.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

The update (new Blackberry) you've been promised is waiting here

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

And this one http://www.bbhub.com/2006/05/31/spri...ckberry-7130e/ Sprint's version of the 7130e. I don't see the PTT (push to talk) button on it LOL

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Not really. I just found this link to the press release last year of the 7105t launch and I don't see any other press releases of it being launched in any other countries. http://www.blackberry.com/news/press..._2005-01.shtml
    If you notice that is the north american release. I am about 99.99% sure that the 7105 actually started floating around in europe starting in April 2005, about 2 months after the 7100 made its debut in Great Britian. There is an article about this somewhere, however I can't find it at this moment. Let me get caught up on my work here in the office and I will try and find it. I have seen it before, but it was in some crazy place on one of the T-Mobile International sites or something like that. It was either a press release from T-Mobile or an inter-office memo. As soon as I find it, I will post it. I do remember it saying some mention about putting test phones out on the european market (not sure which country(ies) ) for atleast 3 months before offering for release in the North American market to ensure that any issues and bugs that may arise can be resolved before a North American launch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast