Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

CTIA Wireless 2008 - Yahoo! oneSearch 2.0 to Include Search Assist , Voice-Enabled Search , ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

NEW Download, Yahoo's! Next Generation Mobile Search for Blackberry

Advertisement

CTIA Wireless 2008 - Yahoo! oneSearch 2.0 to Include Search Assist, Voice-Enabled Search, Idle Screen Access and Open Search Results!

Today, Yahoo! Inc. unveiled Yahoo! oneSearch 2.0, a new version of its award-winning mobile search service. Key enhancements will allow users to initiate searches faster using text or voice. Available beginning today for select Blackberry devices including the 8800 series, Curve, and Pearl in the United States, the new voice-enabled Yahoo! oneSearch can be downloaded from http://m.yahoo.com/voice (m.yahoo.com/voice). Yahoo! also plans to provide greater relevance through richer, more detailed search results by opening up Yahoo! oneSearch to publishers to integrate content, simplify search input with Search Assist and voice-enabled search, and make search instantly accessible on the idle screen of many phones. These innovations build on Yahoo!'s strategy to become the starting point for the most mobile consumers.

OPENING YAHOO! ONESEARCH: BETTER ANSWERS, NOT JUST WEB LINKS
    Yahoo! took a major step forward in enhancing its popular Yahoo! oneSearch service by previewing plans to open up mobile search results to publishers and developers across the Internet. By enabling publishers to integrate relevant content into the Yahoo! oneSearch results, it is more likely that consumers will be able to find exactly what they're looking for. Opening up Yahoo! oneSearch will:
    -- Turn web search results into answers - the usefulness of the results increase as more actual content is returned versus traditional web links
    -- Unlock the power of the Semantic Web - results integrate more helpful content, much that otherwise is not usually surfaced in search results
    -- Provide more relevant content - consumers receive richer information, into which they can dive deeply
    For example, whereas today's search results for "Italian restaurants" includes information such as addresses and phone numbers, open results could also include information from restaurant booking companies displaying the number of available reservations. Or, as another example, search results for "London" might provide transit schedules from public transit providers such as upcoming arrival and departure information.
    By opening up its results, Yahoo! oneSearch will enable enhanced discoverability for publishers, providing them with control over how their content is presented in the mobile search results page and how it reaches the consumer. With an open search model, Yahoo! oneSearch is designed to connect consumers directly with their content right in the search results and generate more traffic to the publisher's content or site.

Open search results are expected to debut with initial partners in Q2 2008.

VOICE-ENABLED YAHOO! ONESEARCH - THE SIMPLEST WAY TO SEARCH
    While Search Assist is easier than typing, talking is easier yet. To make that possible, Yahoo! is partnering with vlingo, a leading speech-recognition company.
    With the voice-enabled version of Yahoo! oneSearch, consumers can search for anything, including flight numbers, locations, Web site names, local restaurants, and more, by simply speaking. For example, a search query like "N-C-Double-A" instantly returns a rich set of results highlighting the latest tournament scores, upcoming game times, and breaking news. Whereas most mobile voice recognition systems are specific to vertical categories such as local listings, Yahoo! oneSearch with Voice lets consumers perform "wide open" searches - returning relevant results for practically every kind of query.
    Consumers do not need to follow prompts and think about how to say a mobile search; with Yahoo! oneSearch they simply speak whatever they are looking for and have access to instant answers.
    Key Features Include:
    -- Wide-open voice-enabled mobile search - Speak anything and get relevant results returned through oneSearch.
    -- Personalizes to your voice - Voice-enabled Yahoo! oneSearch adapts to your voice the more you use it.
    -- Multi-modal input - Allows users to switch between speaking and typing at any time, enabling consumers easy access to refine queries.

Available beginning today for select Blackberry devices including the 8800 series, Curve, and Pearl in the United States, the new voice-enabled Yahoo! oneSearch can be downloaded from http://m.yahoo.com/voice.

IDLE SCREEN SEARCH - EASIER FOR CONSUMERS TO FIND YAHOO! ONESEARCH
    Yahoo! is not only making it easier to enter a search query with Search Assist and voice input, but it also plans to make it easier to access the search box. Yahoo! today also previewed an innovative idle screen search service that makes it easier to search on your phone by integrating the search box right into the main screen. The idle screen will give users one-click access to Yahoo! oneSearch and the internet. Searching will be easier and faster, too -- no need to open your browser; simply search (using text or voice) and get the answers you're looking for. This idle screen solution is expected to roll out in Q2 2008.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'll have to try this out...sounds very promising.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.
    im getting a server error

WazzuKirk no está en línea Stack level 2
    This app is pretty cool, but the voice recognition is not the best. You can get what you want pretty quickly, but I still find it faster using Google and typing it in.
    "Stultus est sicut stultus facit"
    "Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump

PIN/ID
    ask.
    everytime i click on the link it just refreshes the page help!!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The voice recognition worked well for me.....I tried several different search types and all were recognized well.

But I am less than impressed with the search results.....such as restaurants in my town.....google search gives a much more complete and accurate list.

Hopefully in time it will get better. I'll keep playing with it for a while.....give it a fair chance.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lraed74 no está en línea Stack level 3
    working for me, pretty cool!

Bicho.mm0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2055FA8F
    I get 404 Error :S

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Bicho.mm0 View Post
    I get 404 Error :S
    their servers seem overloaded. Keep trying.

PIN/ID
    ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    their servers seems overloaded. Keep trying.
    does this even work with 4.5? because every time i click the link it refreshes
    Last edited by ballr; 04-02-2008 at 03:06 PM.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Downloading Now!!

Hey guys, I keep here this thing about a google search:
    is it an actual app? Or is it just opening google on your BB and typing in a search?

Thanks!!

djdeerock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!
    I agree with azstar....

Voice recognition isn't perfect, but for the most part, it is quick and easy. Depending on what you are searching for, this application is awesome! If you are searching for something specific and you speak slowly and clearly....you can find what you are looking for way faster than typing it in, (even if you have to click the 'did you mean...' link that corrects what it heard)

This app also works awesome for doing basic web searches, (for info, not for a business or contact) via yahoo on blackberry's native browser...again...way faster than typing

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

PIN/ID
    ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    Thanks Hayden
    it works for you flash?

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2
    Whats the file size?? it has a disclaimer that it wont work with wifi. whats up with that
    BB8900 is mine!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast