Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ After just getting my storm I have already forgotten about the iphone. ... Smartphone News forum

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

After just getting my storm I have already forgotten about the iphone. Its going to take some getting used to but I love it!

Adamallica no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
    I just wanted to share my BB Storm and verizon experience with the readers.
    I went into a verizon store a few days after the storm came out to put a deposit down on two storms for me and my wife. The sales associate tells me that I'm in luck and that they have two storms right now. I was glad but suspicious because every store was out at the time. They assure me that the phones are brand new. After taking them home I find out that the worldwide battery charger was switched for a generic one and the red phone button on my wifes phone was hanging on by a thread. It was obvious that both phones where tempered with after I got them home. That was the most dishonest experience I've ever had at a mobile store. I could not believe the dishonesty of the sales staff.
    And as for the storm itself: it had a bad lag, it crashed every time I tried to use the video camera and verizon doesn't unlock their phones to allow 3rd party GPS. That means no google maps. They want you to pay $10 a month for vznav.Also tried to post some comments on pinstack and almost pulled out all my hair. It was the most awkward devise I've every used, and I'm a BB fan. Needless to say I took it all back and I hope that this will prevent someone from having the same horrific verizon/storm experience.
    There are always horror stories for any company out there - while you may have had a bad experience with Verizon, I've had great service for over five years...I left Verizon last month for AT&T, only to come back a little over a week later (AT&T's customer service was ok, but the SERVICE was not). With Verizon, it is (like they say) all about the network. I have sprint at work, just came off of AT&T, and had T-Mobile before Verizon....Verizon beats them all hands-down. I know Verizon is the most expensive carrier and they lock their GPS, but I never have dropped calls and I can actually hear the person I'm talking to...After all, aren't all these gadgets first, and foremost, PHONES?! In every review I've seen of the Storm, they all say that call quality and service is great, but then knock on some other aspect....they treat the phone portion of the PHONE like it is the last thing people want....if that's the case - get an iPod tou...err, I mean iPhone!

Anyway, I've had many phones, most recently the iPhone, but the Storm is the best one I've had...even with the .75 firmware, I think it's a great communications device....Does it play 3D games? No.....Do I care? No. </end rant>

PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamallica View Post
    ...AT&T's customer service was ok...
    Thank you. lol

AngelJo008 no está en línea Stack level 2
    If I recall correctly, When RIM switched from the track wheel to the trackball, there were a ton of complains then too. As far as being bugging, the iPhone had just as many bugs and just as many complaints regarding typing on a virtual keyboard=. In time too, people will grow accustom of the touch screen on the storm and by then, someone will come out with something new for people to complain about!

PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelJo008 View Post
    If I recall correctly, When RIM switched from the track wheel to the trackball, there were a ton of complains then too. As far as being bugging, the iPhone had just as many bugs and just as many complaints regarding typing on a virtual keyboard=. In time too, people will grow accustom of the touch screen on the storm and by then, someone will come out with something new for people to complain about!
    LOL! Tooooo true!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123