Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Quite a testimony, from a former iPhone user, Adamallica. There's quite a ... Smartphone News forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Quite a testimony, from a former iPhone user, Adamallica. There's quite a record of competentcy coming out of Waterloo, enough to expect that build quality and os bugs will be overcome, and that Blackberry will retain it's position among discerning professionals. For many consumers newly introduced to the stability and function inherent to RIM's platform, it will surely result a condition aptly described by my screen name here on the Stacks...
    they will become Berryaddicts

Conv3rt no está en línea Stack level 1
    The typing on the Storm isn't horrible, but it is far wasier to make mistakes, and far more difficult to correct them. The selection of text by clickling the screen is difficult even for my slim fingered colleagues. The predictive text seems to be wrong more often then right, especially in my jargon heavy profession.

The owners I have discussed the Storm with all agree that it is symbolic of form over function as there are no real functional improvements. The only differences center around the touchscreen. I couldn't find anything that the Storm could do which my Curve couldn't. In fact, the Curve seems to be more capable due to better menus, easier interface, and more definitive controls. The touchscreen was less than precise and unlike other touchscreen PDA's there was no place to calibrate it - odd considering you use it for typing

aboogy58 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305AE3CF
    I'm sitting here reading all these hate posts and find it funny that people just don't give a new device a chance. Every new device that i've used by far has its bugs in it. I just think that because BB switched from physical to touch people just are not giving it a chance . Just my thoughts.

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    You also have to put into reason that they proably sped up production due to the iphone coming out and didn't want to lose market share. The device will only get better with time. I am a bold user and love it but still will be giving the storm a try. I also like the idea of a device with both the touchscreen and the keyboard!

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I like my Storm and whatever problems others have been experiencing, I haven't. Maybe it's the phone I got or perhaps I don't seem to mind, but I wouldn't give it up. I had the Pearl for close to a year and though people complained about it, I never did and I really liked that phone also.

Thankfully, RIM has some kind of product out there for different tastes: touch screen, traditional keypad, trackball, etc. Just because there is one product out there that doesn't suit a particular taste doesn't mean they have put crap products out there for consumers (and personally, I'm tired of comparisons to the iPhone...who cares!)

cbresciani no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    I like my Storm and whatever problems others have been experiencing, I haven't. Maybe it's the phone I got or perhaps I don't seem to mind, but I wouldn't give it up. I had the Pearl for close to a year and though people complained about it, I never did and I really liked that phone also.

Thankfully, RIM has some kind of product out there for different tastes: touch screen, traditional keypad, trackball, etc. Just because there is one product out there that doesn't suit a particular taste doesn't mean they have put crap products out there for consumers (and personally, I'm tired of comparisons to the iPhone...who cares!)
    AMEN!!!
    Chris B.

Adamallica no está en línea Stack level 1
    One thing I've noticed- a lot of the people that like the storm came from the Pearl. In my opinion, typing on the SureType keyboard is much better, so I guess those that are already used to it have nothing to complain about...

And I agree about the iphone comparisons- they are two different things all together!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    I currently have an 8100, and I love it, I can type super fast and I get everything I need to get done, done!!!

I also played with both the Storm and the Bold, because my upgrade (for ATT) is coming up within a month or so, I have to decided whether to get the Storm (w/ Verizon) or just upgrade to the Bold and stay with ATT.

I have to say, I didn't really care too much for the Storm, it's kool, but I'm not a big fan of typing on a touch screen, I'm old fashioned and love keys lol. The Bold seemed very sleek and durable, plus it has keys and it's, well...a Blackberry, so, I'm sold.

The Bold it is for me, staying with ATT!!

Thanks for the article Cherri, nice read =)

Threekings no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

Totally agree Goldengirl!

There is no way I am ever going to get an iPhone. It is great that RIM is offering a variety for us all. Coming from a Palm background i am looking forward to the touchscreen.

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    The bold is an awesome phone, the storm is a wicked phone as well, I mean come on, it is the worlds first Blackberry touchscreen,but the bold is like a phone in its own league, just like the flipberry, my opinion, you just can't comapare the 2.

Last edited by Dwaine12; 12-20-2008 at 11:49 AM.

churchill6969 no está en línea Stack level 1

churchill6969 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thankfully, RIM has some kind of product out there f
    or different tastes: touch screen, traditional keypad, trackball, etc. Just because there is one product out there that doesn't suit a particular taste doesn't mean they have put crap products out there for consumers (and personally, I'm tired of comparisons to the iPhone...who cares!)
    Preach it! I went from blackberry to iphone then 2 weeks later back to
    Blackberry!! It was the worst 2 weeks of my life!

kingsfan no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just wanted to share my BB Storm and verizon experience with the readers.
    I went into a verizon store a few days after the storm came out to put a deposit down on two storms for me and my wife. The sales associate tells me that I'm in luck and that they have two storms right now. I was glad but suspicious because every store was out at the time. They assure me that the phones are brand new. After taking them home I find out that the worldwide battery charger was switched for a generic one and the red phone button on my wifes phone was hanging on by a thread. It was obvious that both phones where tempered with after I got them home. That was the most dishonest experience I've ever had at a mobile store. I could not believe the dishonesty of the sales staff.
    And as for the storm itself: it had a bad lag, it crashed every time I tried to use the video camera and verizon doesn't unlock their phones to allow 3rd party GPS. That means no google maps. They want you to pay $10 a month for vznav.Also tried to post some comments on pinstack and almost pulled out all my hair. It was the most awkward devise I've every used, and I'm a BB fan. Needless to say I took it all back and I hope that this will prevent someone from having the same horrific verizon/storm experience.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
    That was the most dishonest experience I've ever had at a mobile store. I could not believe the dishonesty of the sales staff.

i never buy from mobile stores. usually if you see someone selling out of their trunk,there's going to be trouble.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

kingsfan no está en línea Stack level 1
    I meant it was a mobile phone store. It was a regular location, not some shady makeshift place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast