RIM recently updated the BTSC entry we posted a few weeks ago. Current OS Downloads available for the Blackberry Bold 9000 (OS 18.104.22.168):Check out the Multimedia enhancements:
- Support for inline video streaming in the Browser application
When selecting video streams from within the Browser application, the video stream appears inline within the Browser application to allow for simpler navigation.
Note: The web page must be designed to allow for inline video streaming.
You can also view the video stream in full screen mode by pressing the Menu key and clicking Full Screen.
Warning: If your service provider delivers video streaming service through the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) browser, additional charges might occur. Check with your service provider to determine if additional charges might occur for video streaming.
- Improved full screen picture preview screen
When a picture is taken with the Camera application using the Full Screen viewfinder mode, the preview screen displays the picture in full screen mode. The preview screen also allows you to
- Zoom in or out of the picture
- Pan the picture up, down, left, or right
- Attach the picture to an email message
- Set the picture as the Home screen background
- Open the Camera application from the Video Camera application
The Camera application can now be opened from the Video Camera application by pressing the Menu key and clicking Camera.
- Video Camera application accessible from the Camera icon
To open the Video Camera application, click the Camera icon on the Home screen, press the Menu key, and then click Video Camera.
To view all the pictures stored in the BlackBerry smartphone's internal and external memory, open the Media application, click Pictures, and then click All Pictures. The pictures are displayed as thumbnail-size images.
- Viewing songs in an automatic playlist
When an automatic playlist is selected, all the songs and artists in the playlist are viewable.[Full list of Blackberry OS 4.6 enhancements]