Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anybody know of any new blackberrys that are to be coming out soon???? Im ... Smartphone News forum

Pjuvi no está en línea Stack level 1

New Blackberry anytime soon???

Advertisement

Does anybody know of any new blackberrys that are to be coming out soon???? Im not sure if I want to keep the Pearl or return it and wait for another blackberry to come out. Because it does lack some features even tho I still like the phone. What is everyones thought and opinions?? ANd does anyone know of any websites to check out soon to come phones???

Thanks!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: New Blackberry anytime soon???

8703 for verizon is already out.. wait for the 8800 Full Qwerty keyboard version of pearl.

Are there any new ones coming out for tmobile? That new verison of the pearl is that for tmobile? DO you know when it will be coming out?

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The 8800, the full qwerty version of the Pearl(codename Gamma Ray) wil be out on T-Mobile, but no one really knows exactly when. There is a forum on PinStack about it, but there is not much info as there has really been no official info released about it yet. I have heard it will be out March or April of '07, but I have also heard not until the 4th quarter of '07, but no time really soon. Either way I don't expect RIM to release info about it until soon before it is released and most info will be leaked and unofficial, as with the Pearl. I guess you need to decide whether or not you are willing to wait. But you are not alone, I am waiting for the 8800 too, and after playing with the Pearl, I expect it wil be well worth the wait.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I'm not so sure about the 8703 for Verizon being out. I checked with a telephone rep and kiosk rep just yesterday and they are confirming that it is indeed coming...just not available for "rollout" just yet.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thought no está en línea Stack level 1

The 8703 is already released on Verizon...right now it's available only through the website, but it should in the stores pretty soon...

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Okay...I'll order via the web...the telephone repa don't have it available to sell yet! Thanks!

sangesf no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23C8604D

How about for Cingular? Is the Pearl usable with Cingular?

I was looking up the 8800 and right now it sounds good. I hope it come with a camera though. The only one feature that I dont like about the Pearl is the sound volume. Its not even loud when you put it on loud. The vibration is not even that strong. And as soon as the trackball is touched everything goes onto mute. Therefore I will miss calls. its frustrating!!! Do you think the 8800 is going to be the same way?? Do you think the pearl is worth that?????? Or should I return it and wait??

erick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23ff9086

I find that www.slashphone.com is a great site for new phones and phone related content. It is not dedicated to the Blackberry however.
    The first step to curing your (Blackberry) addiction is admitting your addicted. What addiction, I don't have an addiction!!!

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Pjuvi,
    Keep in mind, the issues related with the Pearl can mostly be attributed to OS issues. These CAN, amd most likely will be fixed. This BB was rushed to market after being leaked. Supposedly a new OS upgrade is coming in the next month, and hopefully many of the issues will be resolved. There are definitely things that need to be improved, but I love my Pearl. If the problems were not correctable via OS if be much more concerned.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    Pjuvi,
    Keep in mind, the issues related with the Pearl can mostly be attributed to OS issues. These CAN, amd most likely will be fixed. This BB was rushed to market after being leaked. Supposedly a new OS upgrade is coming in the next month, and hopefully many of the issues will be resolved. There are definitely things that need to be improved, but I love my Pearl. If the problems were not correctable via OS if be much more concerned.
    Thanks!
    Hey Todd,
    Im sorry but Im am basically new to Blackberry's as the Pearl is my first one ever. Wat exactly is OS? And you say that there is suppossed to be a new OS upgrade.... Since we have our phones, how will the upgrade work? Is it something that tmobile does for us via their sytem or would it be something that we download? I have about another week and half to decide if I want to keep it or return it. Other than the sound/vibration problem, i like the phone.

Thanks for all your help!!!

BBGal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DBA41F

Hi Pjuvi,
    I am also with T-Mobile. The OS is the operating system. You can download the latest version of the OS by going to the T-Mobile website. Since I'm new here, I am not able to post a link Send me a PIN and I'll send you the link (If U want)
    PIN:204004C8

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

BBGal, welcome to PinStack. Pjuvi, you can find the latest OS for most carriers by following the link for each in the
    Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier) Thread.

But the 8100 probably hasn't been posted yet. I'm sure there will be an announcement here when it is.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~pjuvi, the 8800 is not going to have a camera. It is going to have all the other "new" features of the Pearl(mp3 player, memory card slot,trackball, video player), but as it is going to be geared more for professionals instead of to all consumers like the Pearl, as of now it appears it will not have a camera. If that is an important feature to you then you probably want to keep the Pearl. Hope this helps your decision.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast