Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

awesome program, just need to work out bugs... any updates>!~./1!?!??!1 whenver I take a picture ... Smartphone News forum

n16ht5 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

awesome program, just need to work out bugs... any updates>!~./1!?!??!1

whenver I take a picture instango cuts in and says whatever loaded, and I have to hit menu, ok, click click 5 seconds later, then switch back to my camera. UGHHh

it disconnects like everyone says, mine never reconnects automatically.

slower than snot most of the time. it is apain to switch between chat windows and the list.

drains the battery

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Try the latest beta version 0.66.35 which you can get in the Beta Testing > Blackberry forums on our website instango.com (cannot post links).

This should already resolve most of the bugs and slowness which you have encountered in the current official version.

We hope to release this within the next weeks.

burisk no está en línea Stack level 1
    the battery does drain quickly

Quote Originally Posted by burisk View Post
    the battery does drain quickly
    All 3rd-party instant messaging applications will drain the battery by some degree as they have to keep a constant connection to the server.

With the latest instango beta your battery should last at least 2 days with instango running.

If you have a large contact list with heavy status change activity make sure to enable 'Auto-away' and 'Optimize power consumption while auto-away'.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

burisk no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks....

Noodles2224 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2412AA7C
    Hi, I have 3 questions... .. my AIM wont connect, it says... invalid username and password... running 4.5.81 Pearl, TMO. and i can't have my phonebook imported.. and also, does this cost even though you have data plan and all..? It said after sending SMS, Euro, 0.88....??

You can PM me your instango username/password and AIM username/password. I will try to manually add the AIM account and check why it fails to connect.

Phonebook import is broken in the current beta release. Our internal beta has this already fixed. Check back in the instango beta forums in a few days to get an updated beta that has this issue fixed.

Instango is free. You will only have to pay for sending SMS (text messages) to other mobile phones. For testing this service you receive EUR 0.88 after your free registration with instango.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com

The new update is great.
    I still get some slowdowns at time and every once in a while it won't reconnect automatically, otherwise its very nice~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Do you see a pattern for the slowdowns (for example whenever a message comes in or something like this)?

tried it out and it works pretty well. if I set it to 2min or above aim reconnects out too much and wont let me login..

when i get too much chat history it slows down. like when i get the reconnect issue with aim built up over a few hours of reconecting and refusals.... maybe want to have a "give up" on autoreconnecting for individual clients, then retrying after 30 minutes or something

Our experience shows that when using BIS you will have to keep the keepalive setting at 45s or lower or you will experience the reconnects you are talking about.

When using Direct TCP you may use any keepalive setting.

whats the advantage of using BIS?

my program wont reconnect sometimes... will try TCP

Quote Originally Posted by n16ht5 View Post
    whats the advantage of using BIS?
    my program wont reconnect sometimes... will try TCP
    When using BIS all connections will go through RIMs servers. This is the default way of connecting to the internet for Blackberries and works with nearly all Blackberry plans.

When selecting TCP it will make a direct connection to the instango servers. (This is the way most other phones and computers work).

This may not work with every Blackberry plan. Also make sure that TCP traffic is included in your plan and not billed separately. You will have to configure a so-called APN under Options > Advanced Options > TCP on your Blackberry.

Ok thanks! I selected TCP and it seems to be working better. If I make a long phone call or go out of service, instango won't always reconnect, it will just say "reconnecting" and stay there until I disconnect it and reconnect manually.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

deezndc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3034d119
    when you have an unlimited data plan are you still charged for sending SMS through this app? otherwise this is a great app after getting used to the setup.
    "A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to."

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
    - Bernard Bailey

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast