Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Originally Posted by vortec7 After a few days of usage, it is a battery killer. ... Smartphone News forum

pfluger no está en línea Developer

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by vortec7 View Post
    After a few days of usage, it is a battery killer. Plus, as others have mentioned slow and buggy. I am going to stick with it for a little while longer since I love to help out free aps.
    We have heard by some users that instango is draining the battery. We are currently working on this.

How long did your battery last? How many contacts did you have on your contact list.

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    How do you delete the pics you downloaded from the default pic selection for you profile?
    Simply quitting and restarting instango should get rid of these pictures.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    We have heard by some users that instango is draining the battery. We are currently working on this.

How long did your battery last? How many contacts did you have on your contact list.

After hiding the offline contacts i had about 20 on AIM and 17 on Yahoo. I can't tell you exactly how long my battery lasted since i closed the app after I noticed the significant drain and needed my phone for the rest of the day.
    What I can tell you is that this app does drain more than its competitors (jivetalk, etc)
    :)

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Some feedback...

When receiving an IM...the program interupts all activity (including if its in background) and jumps to the message received. This happens even while in the application itself.
    Last edited by lucky13mt; 06-20-2008 at 04:49 PM.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Also, the back button goes back to main screen instead of going one step back.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Some problems - the battery does drain quickly - I uninstalled the program, reinstalled it but did not load the contacts list - guess what ? battery seems ok and normal, the program works a little faster and some jitters seem to stabilize - now please, someone, how do I avoid getting e-mails downloaded ? This is a problem, because the extra kb cost money , and since my BIS pushes my email normally I dont need it to repeat itself on Instango...Suggestions from the pundits ?

PIN/ID
    N/A
    The app also doesn't always automatically connect. It will say connecting but won't connect.

I have to cancel and retry for it to go through right away.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    yep we re finding the bugs now... I found one problem, a few minutes ago - so slow - started getting anwers on chat that took a consierable time to appear on screen... mmm, and then lost my connection as well - had to switch off to get carrier back on again... will do a battery pull to see if it resets again.

blaquegenius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    316dfa3c
    I installed instango app and I must say, it definitely a good IM app. Yes there are a few bugs which has already been mentioned. I do notice my battery not lasting as long prior to the install. But by far I like the feel and appearance of the app. Once the bugs are worked out, I'm sure there will be plenty of excited blackberrites....

joe824g no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    206012C4
    I keep getting these uncaught exemption errors I don't know how to get rid of them.... if anyone got an answer, let me know...

joe824g no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    206012C4
    oh, and I never get to find an online friend, they all appear as offline, don't know why

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30
    it wont start for mine now i dk why? i just got a new 8320 curve from tmobile and it doesnt go past CONNECTING.....

it worked fine with my old pearl sooo.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by audreypearl View Post
    it wont start for mine now i dk why? i just got a new 8320 curve from tmobile and it doesnt go past CONNECTING.....

it worked fine with my old pearl sooo.
    If it doesn't work cancel it and retry. It'll usually connect right away the second or third time.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Ok That's it ! Instango is great - BUT I will wait for the real thing AND hope they solve the problem of battery drain - Geez - the battery consumed so much I thought I had a SUV in OS...!

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Has this application been fixed up and released yet? I'm really looking forward to using it if they keep it free or close to free...lol.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast