Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Ok guys - I admit Jivetalk is snappier - If Instango irons out a few ... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Advertisement

Ok guys - I admit Jivetalk is snappier - If Instango irons out a few jitters it will become a good BB program to carry around - funnily I didn't have problems with the install and setup - I have Google Talk, MSN and Yahoo functioning ok - no drops or connection failures. Also phone book loaded ok, and I get e-mail notifications as well - is it because I downloaded OS 4.5 and it works better with this system?

orionxbeta no está en línea Stack level 1
    This is definitely the best IM software Ive seen for the BB so far. Im running OS 4.5.0.37 on a 8310 Curve and havent had any issues with this software. Its easily the best designed and thought out IM software Ive tried.

Ive had OZ IM and IM+ and neither compare to the clean layout, features, ease of use, and speed of the app. Thanks a ton!

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I agree with all the positive things being said about Instango. Definitely has potential to be better than Jivetalk.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

rosieperez1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i always get an "uncaught reception" message everytime someone tries to IM me.

any help?

gohanssjn no está en línea Stack level 2
    Glad to see it uses Data and not Text, as I only have unlimited data and not text play. Time to boot Windows and install

rosieperez1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question

can i please get some help with this instango? everytime i get an IM it disconnects and i get a "uncaught reception" message

SinErgy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Love sending pics, files, and voice messages, very handy.
    It seems to take over my camera. If i take a pic i cant delete it and instango pops up.

Hope they keep it free

reesekim no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A37135
    I've been hoping for an app that threads sms similar to the treos. I see that instango reports being able to send sms "chat style"-any reports on how this is working? If so-I'd use it and just stick with jivetalk for IM.
    "I'm so hip, even my errors are correct" - N.Giovanni

muse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243FC6B2
    i downloaded but i got bored trying to figure out how to configure it. i am not an idiot and it just seems like it isnt very user friendly or easy to set up...i am deleting it...sorry.

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!
    It seems like a good program and IM is free but sms isn't so be careful. I pulled this from their website.

Instango is free. You may send and receive chat messages and Push-to-Talk messages to/from other instango users and to the major instant messaging networks completely free.
    Sending text (SMS) messages will cost from 7.5 EUR cent per message.
    Instango connects to the internet. Please be advised that charges for internet use on your mobile phone may apply. Consult your mobile phone operator for details.

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked Out View Post
    It seems like a good program and IM is free but sms isn't so be careful. I pulled this from their website.

SMS is strictly prepaid so you will not have to fear that you may be charged anything. You receive 25 free SMS for testing when you sign up. If you want to be able to continue sending SMS you will first have to re-charge your instango account balance.

Henrik

dedtired no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317FC69C
    Quote Originally Posted by ConstantineXVI View Post
    Does it integrate with the BB message list and notification icons, like BB Messenger and RIM's GTalk client do? That's the one feature I'm really missing in JiveTalk.
    Right now, that's a dealbreaker for me. I am running all of my IMs through GTalk just because of that. I don't love it, but it works for the moment. But I don't want the program to interrupt what I am working on, I just want it to tell me that I have a new message like GTalk does.

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not sure if anyone answered the question yet, but is this compatible with Wifi?

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    After a few days of usage, it is a battery killer. Plus, as others have mentioned slow and buggy. I am going to stick with it for a little while longer since I love to help out free aps.
    :)

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    The pic sending worked great, the camera came up and snapped my pic, then after a minute or 2 (depending on your resolution) it sends the pic to the IM recipient and he recived it.

Need to add the ability to select a pic to send that you already have? oh wait that would follow under send file... Nevermind

How do you delete the pics you downloaded from the default pic selection for you profile?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast