Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Two questions, does it stay connected, and is it easy on your battery.... Smartphone News forum

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Two questions, does it stay connected, and is it easy on your battery.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by peterme View Post
    Two questions, does it stay connected, and is it easy on your battery.
    -Stays connected, if it loses connection it automatically reconnects.
    -Don't know about the battery yet...
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Saltzz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244b783e
    thanks great application

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I always have disconnection issues with palringo on my BB, but not with Desktop version.. How reliable is on the BlackBerry?

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    I always have disconnection issues with palringo on my BB, but not with Desktop version.. How reliable is on the BlackBerry?
    I've had issues with Palringo also...I removed it.

So far Instango has been good with keeping its connection on, and like I said before, if it loses connection it reconnects automatically.

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by walterwt View Post
    I installed it. The entry fields are annoying, having to open the edit window to enter data into a field. The menusa are nice but not "Standard" look or feel.
    Instango is a port from J2ME (Java for mobile phones) where this is the only way to enter text.

Depending on how much interest the Blackberry version generates we will certainly work on these things and make them more and more "Blackberry-like" by time.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    Instango is a port from J2ME (Java for mobile phones) where this is the only way to enter text.

Depending on how much interest the Blackberry version generates we will certainly work on these things and make them more and more "Blackberry-like" by time.
    I'd say I'm very interested .

needforspd no está en línea Stack level 3
    does this app need an online account like palringo did?

and for those who have and are using Jivetalk, hows this compare?
    IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!

Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Tried it. Didn't like it. I'll stick with the built in im clients that came built in on my 8120.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Created an account, downloaded, installed on the Curve and set it up. Looks pretty, and the features suggest that is has a future...but as far as I am concerned, it's not ready for prime time yet. Some issues that stick out for me:

- User interface conventions - totally inconsistent, and NOT user friendly. The silly trial and error you must go through to be able to enter data in one field, have it remain persistent while you go to the next field, and avoid having the product simply throw you back to the Blackberry icon screen. Very annoying. I think that Instango folks have to devote some real effort to defining a more workable user interface with more industry standard conventions.

Clunky, and freezes. I know it's a beta, but I'm finding that general navigation, whether on the Blackberry or on the Instango website, is very hesitant, inconsistent, and "quirky" - lots of hesitations, freezes, restarts. Nice to get your name out there, but I would have polished things up a bit more first before inviting the world to take a look.

Only one account per service: Bad, bad, bad!!! I have a few MSN / Live accounts, and a few Google Talk accounts. I want them all active all the time. Can't do this with Instango: limited to one account per service. That's a deal-breaker for me...

As of today, I am using JiveTalk on the blackberry, with multiple accounts per service, and I am using Digsby on the PC, with the same multiple accounts per service. This combo is perfect, and works extremely well. Regardless of the features that Instango promises, they will have to make things work far better before I can consider switching. I tried - but it just doesn't work for me in its current state.

- Jon

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3
    Real real nice, but buggy and hard to use. However there is huge potential here. I'll stick with IM+ and JiveTalk until it gets more final.

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    Does it integrate with the BB message list and notification icons, like BB Messenger and RIM's GTalk client do? That's the one feature I'm really missing in JiveTalk.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Is there anyway to add more than one aim or yahoo! account? I don't see that option anywhere.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Is there anyway to add more than one aim or yahoo! account? I don't see that option anywhere.
    I don't believe that's possible yet. Someone else mentioned not being able to have multiple accounts of the same type logged on at once.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Now thats a killer for me right there..

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast