Back in March last year a few PinStacker beta tested SpinVox and then again in ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

New and improved SpinVox for BlackBerry

Advertisement

Back in March last year a few PinStacker beta tested SpinVox and then again in May it was featured by PinStack Guru I7oobie.

SpinVox has continued in their expansion of supported carriers, delivering improvements in quality and the range of services provided through their service. We wanted to share this info you. For the most part executives and corporate users will find this service most useful. Still, it has become more consumer friendly with added voice features such as memos, Social Networks, blogs, Blasts, text and Instant messaging.

How does it work? (Also see. SpinVox video)
    SpinVox captures spoken words (example voicemail) and feeds them into a Voice Message Conversion System, known as ‘D2’ (the Brain), and spits them out as text content to your BlackBerry.

Over the past four years D2 has been chomping through words, converting millions of messages from millions of different voices and accents, in English, French, Spanish and German.

The only catch is it costs $15CAD monthly subscription. A small price to pay if you're a big executive, but may be pricey for the average mobile user. Still we would recommend you give it a try!

[Read More]

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

Re: New and improved SpinVox for BlackBerry

That is indeed pretty cool, if the price was slightly lower, i would indeed have that. 15 dollars is indeed pricy, if it was half the cost that would be a must for me, and i am sure for more people here. I personally listen to voice messages as much as 6-7 hours later when i receive them, unless i am at home or out, they take on average four hours to be intend to.
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Seriously, I think its sad that in order to find a stable, efficient, fair priced visual voicemail program/service I keep looking at the Iphone. I have tried every 3rd party software out there for the blackberry and they are all either over priced or unreliable (or more likely both)

kiralaura no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2421B387

I have been a free trial customer of SpinVox since June 2007 when they gave me a one-year free trial. After using it for over 7 months, I will never go back to dialing in and listening (and wading through) to vm again. I get 90% perfectly transcribed vm emails on my bb and get to see the caller id and message instantly. I never used to be able to respond to messages until I took the time to listen to them, and reading takes way less time than listening to rambling messages from someone. It even perfectly transcribes my friends who leave Spanish messages! I can also dial in on a local number and ONLY listen to the message I want to hear (they give you a message number and you just go right to that message).

I will never go back to regular vm again and spinvox is the answer to my needs. At $15 a month my company will pay it when my trial period ends. I show my friends and they all want it, too. My boss loves to leave me messages now knowing that I'll get them within 5 minutes.

This is the best best vm program ever!!
    Last edited by kiralaura; 02-21-2008 at 03:14 PM.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I had this a few months ago, and you wouldn't believe some of the transcribing, could make out a lot of words. It was a joke!
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

starz77 no está en línea Stack level 2

what can i do to make my blackberry so that i can view live games or youtube or view videos on web pages?

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Quote Originally Posted by starz77 View Post
    what can i do to make my blackberry so that i can view live games or youtube or view videos on web pages?
    Welcome to the stacks,
    You should search the forum there are quite a few threads with advice to your different questions.
    However, posting inside a question inside an unrelated thread really wont help you get the visibility you need to find solutions
    Good Luck

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

The service used to suck, haven't tried it for 6 mos. or so.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1