Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Originally Posted by charlybrwn What about the BB BOLD? Your website only has downloads up ... Smartphone News forum

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by charlybrwn View Post
    What about the BB BOLD?

Your website only has downloads up to OS 4.5

will this work for the BB BOLDs running 4.6.xxx?
    Works great on the bold. I just downloaded the 4.5 version.

charlybrwn no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by enlai_chu View Post
    For those of you who are not having the 3jam app notify you on incoming messages, can you please report if you have another application that is also intercepting SMS messages? For example DexRex, BBAlerts, etc.

Thanks!
    Enlai

I have the trial version of BBalerts installed (gonna buy it when i decide if its worth it... so far it is) and 3jam works seemlessly with my notifications.

idk what's wrong with the other people's stuff, but enlai chu is a hero in the BB world for sure

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by enlai_chu View Post
    Jamalize,

Thanks for the feedback. Are you replying to a direct conversation or to a 3jam conversation when this happens? I tried to reproduce it on my T-Mobile BB and couldn't seem to do it.

Are you able to send normal SMS messages (with the native app) longer than 160 charcters on your Sprint device?

Thanks,
    Enlai
    Enlai, I think what Jamalize was trying to say is that there *is* a 160 char counter in "Compose new message" but there *isn't* if you respond at the top of an existing chat thread. v1.97 on my Sprint/CDMA 8330 Curve running OS4.5.0.97 just lets me keep typing way past 160 chars after which strange things happen. First, the app says the message was sent but I've tested on a number of phones and it never comes in. Second, any texts you try to send with the regular BB SMS app get stuck in a "pending" state and never get sent from there either. Finally, I've seen random parts of the message actually show up on other contacts in my list besides the person I sent it too.

My guess is that there is a buffer overflow when the message is >160 chars which is causing the odd behavior. A restart of the BB clears it up. 3Jam on the BB doesn't have the capability to break up messages >160 chars into smaller ones does it?

BTW, to answer your question, texts are limited to 160 chars on Sprint just like other carriers.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

charlybrwn no está en línea Stack level 1

That's why

you people need to join the new world and get on a GSM network

SPRINT AND VERIZON SUCKKKKKKK

majinget no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sweet app, can't wait to see it get finished. Only problem with it right now is I can't change my name from "Me" (Picky, I know, but basically I'm comparing it to the Palm chat I've seen and absolutely love) and then theres the issue of it not clearing the message of being checked in the actual SMS text box. The only thing that bothers me there is my blinking light on top of the phone, but I never need that for other reasons so I might just put a small piece of tape on that.

enlai_chu no está en línea Developer
    charlybrwn,

that's too kind I hope enough BB users find the threaded app useful enough so RIM will provide us with access to the internal APIs necessary to mark the new messages as read.

All, the 3jam Threaded SMS for Blackberry page is now up: http://www.3jam.com/blackberry

The latest version is 1.97, which allows the app to play nice with BBAlerts, DexRex, and other apps that use the SMS listening interface. Download at http://ota.3jam.com/bb

We'll be releasing a new version shortly that will fix the Sprint/CDMA long message issue too, so keep posted!

If you find the app useful, please support us by registering the app so we can keep up its development. Thanks!

spudgunnerwryyy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yeah I love the interface I just that it cant mark messages as read. Once that happens I am completely sold because this is really fast reply time.

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    A new version (r1.1) of 3Jam is available at http://ota.3jam.com/bb/]3jam . Changes:
    What's new/fixed?
    v1.100 (2009-01-20)
    *Aestheic fixes for time formatting
    *Fix for splitting up long messages on CDMA network
    *Changed .jad name from ReplyAllSMS.jad to ThreeJamSMS.jad
    v1.98 (2009-01-16)
    *Fixed registration bug
    Apparently since it's out of beta, it now has a 7 day trial and costs US$19.99 to buy. Haven't d/l'd yet but since it wasn't mentioned in the change log I expect the texts still go to the default Messages app and it's icon still shows.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

enlai_chu no está en línea Developer

New version released

Hi all,

Yes, we released a new version: v1.100, which addresses some aesthetic improvements reported by some of you as well as provides fixes for the CDMA long message bug.

Yes, the messages are still copied in the native SMS app and the new message icon still shows.

Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback (other than the new message icon .

OTA download: http://ota.3jam.com/bb

Thanks!
    Enlai
    Last edited by enlai_chu; 01-22-2009 at 01:48 AM.

seoulmandean no está en línea Stack level 1

I cannot register my app

I have tried several times to register an account with 3jam.

I don't receive a verification code sms to complete my process. I wan't to pay for this app, but I cant.

I am very frustrated.

Is it because I'm in Canada?
    My wireless provider is Rogers wireless.

Some one please help!!!!!!

zaneblue no está en línea Stack level 1

did anyone get the new key for the 3jam app

did anyone get the new key for the 3jam app

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011