We're about to release the beta of our brand new 3jam threaded SMS ... Smartphone News forum
New 3jam Threaded SMS and Group Text Messaging App
We're about to release the beta of our brand new 3jam threaded SMS application and would love your feedback!
Our app was designed to be FAST, both in response times as well as in the minimum number of keystrokes you need to read and reply to messages!
Key features (most are configurable in settings):
1) 1 or 2 line conversation views, ordered by time
2) unlimited thread lengths
3) IM or normal text view of messages
4) popup automatically shows messages as they arrive (no-handed operation). Then choose to click Reply or Cancel.
5) send individual or all conversation history to email in tab-delimited format (for spreadsheet import)
AND, for U.S. users,
8) 3jam Reply-All Group Text Messaging!
Select multiple recipients directly from your Blackberry address book and have a group chat via SMS - works for all phones, even if recipients don't have the Blackberry app installed!
9) Integration with 3jam.com for Free SMS sending and receiving (for the U.S. only)!
Download OTA here (type into your BB browser):
(7 day trial. Simply re-install over the current version to renew for now
www [dot] 3jam [dot] com/download/bb/beta/
Please share your feedback and experiences!
Blackberry Threaded SMS and Group Messaging app beta.
Please let us know if you have any issues, feedback or suggestions!
0) When the app first starts up, you may not have names associated with the numbers for a couple of minutes while the app build a cache of your phone book names and numbers.
1) Most people love the popup when a new SMS message arrives since you don't have to scroll or click anything to see the message, and you can decide if you want to reply right then. Every new message that comes in will show up in a popup so you don't have to touch anything and still see which messages you want to reply to! You can turn on/off this feature in the preferences if you like (defaults to 'on').
2) You can change the main conversation list to 1 or 2 lines depending on your preference (Pearl users are used to 2 lines whereas Blackberries with larger screens normally have 1 line) and your message view to IM style or normal text message style in the preferences (defaults to 'IM').
3) By selecting "Send using 3jam", you can start a conversation with a friend(s) and you can continue sending and receiving SMS messages for Free when you are online and log in to www[dot]3jam[dot]com. Group conversations default to "Send using 3jam" so that you can have a group chat where replies go back to everyone (unlike the Blackberry's default multiple recipient feature where replies only go back to you). To send a direct SMS message, simply uncheck the box (you can change this default in your preferences as well).
4) We've looked hard but until RIM gives us access to the status bar, there's no way for us to change the icons or delete/mark the messages in the native SMS app as read. A simple solution is to separate your SMS messages from your normal mail. Even if you're not running the 3jam threaded app, it's really useful to separate emails from SMS messages.
Open mail screen -> Options -> General Options -> SMS and Email Inboxes = "Separate"
This way, you can ignore the separate new message indicator for your SMS messages because you'll always know you have a new SMS message when the popup shows up.
Then, set up your left or right button to pull up your SMS app so you have fast access to viewing and sending messages.
Options -> Screen/Keyboard -> Right/Left Side Convenience Key Opens: <select app>
There you go! You're now a text messaging pro!
Last edited by enlai_chu; 10-02-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Reason: Version 1.85 release
sounds interesting ill give it a go.. i have 4.5 os 8330 curve
count me in for testing! sounds great
alan leave os info and model so they know what software to offer u.. not all sw work on all ophones just a lil heads up.. and i could be wrong about sayin this because whos to say the app iant generic to work on all bb models.. so just try to make it a lil easier on the people.... hakoona matatta...
Originally Posted by alansrour
I have an 8330 with 4.5 OS and an 8830 with 4.2 OS.
Thanks for the OS and models, everyone (and thanks Smurf2598 for asking on my behalf . We're going to have a 4.1 version and 4.2+ version. Does anyone still have 4.1? I think a bunch of Pearl users may?
hey i now know what its like doing themes and stuff to get them right having as much info is easiest for the producer to get the data right.. so i got ur bak.. hahaha
I'd like to try this out too. Verizon 8330 Curve with OS 22.214.171.124.
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
I'm so in! I'd love to test for ATT Pearl 8100 runnin 4.5.
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
i do want to test as well
pearl 8120 t-mo v4.3
I would like to test as well Curve 8320 4.5 OS~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
Sign me up pearl 8100 4.5 OS tmobile.
~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~
4.5 on TMobile 8120
I would like to give it go. 8120 4.5.69 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
I want to test also. I have 8310, 126.96.36.199
Tags for this Thread