Availability of Napster Mobile Service on AT&T Surpasses Previous Projections, Gives More Customers Access to ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Napster Mobile Expands Availability to More Than 13 Million AT&T Customers

Advertisement

Availability of Napster Mobile Service on AT&T Surpasses Previous Projections, Gives More Customers Access to Full-Track Downloads From Wireless Handsets

Napster and AT&T Inc. today announced the availability of Napster Mobile to more than 13 million AT&T customers, a significant expansion of the service.

Napster Mobile lets music fans use their handsets to search, browse and download music from Napster's collection of more than 6 million songs -- the industry's largest catalog.

The service is now available on more than 25 AT&T smartphones and handsets, including the BlackBerry Curve 8310 and the soon to be released BlackBerry Bold. The expansion was made possible by less restrictive digital rights management (DRM) requirements from the labels and Napster's adoption of more flexible technology.

"Our goal is to connect people with the music they love, no matter where they are," said Chris Gorog, chief executive officer of Napster. "Switching to our new format gives millions of AT&T customers the opportunity to enjoy the best mobile music experience available, in addition to the world's largest catalog of music."

Mark Collins, vice president of Consumer Products for AT&T's wireless unit, said: "Music fans using our phones are hungry for this capability. As we've worked with Napster to make more phones 'ready to rock,' as we say, we've seen a strong corresponding rise in customers who are adopting Napster Mobile."
    AT&T customers can purchase and wirelessly download full-length songs from Napster Mobile for $1.99 each, which includes a copy that is automatically delivered to the customer's PC. Napster Mobile is also available for a $7.49 monthly subscription, which includes five song downloads per month. Charges for downloads are conveniently billed to customers' AT&T wireless bill.

Standard usage rates apply and an unlimited data plan is highly recommended. Details on AT&T's data plans can be found at http://www.att.com/.

New Subscribers Can Text NAPSTER to 7299 for Five Free Songs

[source]

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well this is something that I'm going to have to use in my sales pitch at work. Do you know what other devices are on that list of 25?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    check here

and a copy/paste from the site:
    Find Napster Mobile on BlackBerry Curve 8310, MOTORAZR V3xx, Motorola V9, Motorola Z9, Nokia N75, Pantech C610, Samsung A637, Samsung A727, Samsung A737, Samsung Access a827, Samsung Rugby a837, Samsung SLM, Samsung SYNC, Sony Ericsson W350, Sony Ericsson W580i, and Sony Ericsson Z750a devices.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    interesting . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's it. I'm switching as soon as my 2 yrs with TMo is up. I'm tired of everyone else getting all the good mobile media apps.

Charneus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24372D18
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Being an AT&T customer certainly does have it's perks, but also it's drawbacks. For instance, without having to modify BBMaps, you can't use it with AT&T. Also, according to www.blackberry.com, AT&T is still on 4.2 OS while everyone else is at 4.5 or higher. They have the 4.6 out for Bold, of course, and we could always download it from another vendor, but AT&T seems so far behind sometimes. :\ It's a tough decision sometimes.

By the way, I can't wait to get napster on my phone.

Charneus

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Sounds interesting. Would be worth checking out with the Bold.

mwshaddox no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FA546D
    I'm on AT&T and sadly you are correct, they still haven't released OS 4.5. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I get free access. AT&T Employee perks