For more information: boxtone.com/myboxtone Purpose‐built for mobile users, myBoxTone Expert is an application installed on ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

myBoxTone Expert for BlackBerry: Lower Support costs, Boost User Experience

Advertisement

For more information: boxtone.com/myboxtone

Purpose‐built for mobile users, myBoxTone Expert is an application installed on your BlackBerry smartphone that silently monitors the health and performance of your smartphone. It proactively warns you of any risks or pending problems and provides simple step‐by‐step instructions so that you can resolve problems yourself – without a call to the Help Desk or service provider. And when the problem cannot be resolved on your smartphone, myBoxTone Expert includes remote troubleshooting capabilities to enable the Help Desk or service provider to quickly diagnose and resolve your problem.

myBoxTone Expert is powered by the software technology and expertise from BoxTone – the Expert in Mobile User Management. Key capabilities include:
    1. Proactive Alerts via at‐a‐glance notification icons of service issues, along with one click access to resolve.
    2. Smart Diagnostics to identify and resolve over 20 service issues, including dangerously low flash memory, misconfigured or missing service book entries, outages, synchronization issues, and low battery/signal strength.
    3. Intelligent Actionable Answers including step‐by‐step directions any mobile user can follow to get their smartphone back up to optimal performance.
    4. Embedded Remote IT Trouble Shooting & Diagnostics including detailed smartphone status, configuration, trend data and alerts, as well as ability to take and then send screenshots of any screen for advanced troubleshooting.
    5. Graphical Historical Trending charting signal coverage, battery life, phone usage, and data traffic patterns to quickly identify trends and relationships between usage and smartphone health.

MyBoxTone Expert proactively warns mobile users of any issues that pose a risk to the health and performance of their BlackBerry smartphones, providing them the confidence to focus on business rather than the technology they use.

The product increases productivity by instructing mobile users how to address risks before they become problems and how to resolve problems without the time and frustration of a call to the Help Desk or service provider.

The application empowers mobile users by helping them identify and resolve risks before they become problems and to resolve problems without having to place a call to the Help Desk. This drastically reduces the BlackBerry‐related calls to the Help Desk, lowering mobile support costs.

MyBoxTone Expert provides the Help Desk and wireless carriers with critical remote diagnostic information plus remote screenshots – enabling them to resolve problems significantly faster and reduce escalations, further reducing support costs.

The application’s proactive warnings and constant monitoring increases mobile users’ confidence in their BlackBerry smartphones, resulting in happier and more productive workforce.

System Requirements:
    MyBoxTone Expert runs on any Java‐based BlackBerry smartphone running handheld code version 4.2 or later; the application should run on any BlackBerry smartphone beginning with the BlackBerry 8700. To make use of the screen capture capabilities of myBoxTone Expert, smartphones must be running handheld code version 4.3 or later.

To deploy the application over the air (OTA) from a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), smartphones must be connected to a BES running BES 4.0 or higher.

::edit:: sorry, there was some confusion. the expert version of this is not free, but meant for commercial use for enterprise and is not open for public beta. sorry guys. my fault.

For more information:
    http://boxtone.com/myboxtone
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 10-30-2008 at 11:15 AM.

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    This looks very cool. I will install and try it out tomorrow. That being said, this isn't a review really... lol. But a great description.

I'll check back to see others replies...

Do the permissions/settings involved conflict with any security options users may have?

Does the program get one profile (hopefully) or one for every alert type?
    "Who Dares Wins"

blackharleymike no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2568EF6D
    hi cherri, isend a mail to boxtone and i´m still waiting for their reply. sounds like this is a good and helpfful application. is the app only within the beta-phase for free ?

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I was a part of the beta-release for this program and absolutely love it. I can't wait to see what the final product looks like.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Was in beta, only problem that I had was it would not report anything on the data for CDMA devices. They were working on it but, I have not heard if they got it. I know it is a limitation from RIM on that.

gmclella no está en línea Stack level 1
    This really is not so much of a "Review" and much more of a Preview or advertisement if you will.

I was hoping to see some personal insight into how the application worked for you. Was there any noticeable lag while using it? (ie. memory leaks, resource hog?) When you had issues did the application make useful and valid suggestions to resolve the problem? How long is an evaluation account valid for? Are there any other alternatives to this software? If so is it better than the comparable software? So many unanswered questions...

As MWPatterson pointed out, does this actually work on CDMA devices?

vangorder no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I wasn't happy at the fact of this program trying to access an http protocol when it's only supposed to be monitoring system resources....
    You have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth;
    therefore, listen and observe twice as often as you speak.

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I to am awaiting a response, they have not contacted me yet. I don't think it is free because they keep saying on the site to contact sales department. But Thanks for info Cherri.
    "If You Don't Like Me Just Remember It's Mind Over Matter..I Don't Mind and You Dont Matter"

mitchberk no está en línea Developer

Clarification: myBoxTone Expert

This is Mitch Berk, Product Manager at BoxTone. I would like to thank PinStack for this coverage; however, I do need to correct a portion of the post to avoid confusion.

While we previously offered, and continue to offer, the myBoxTone Insight Dashboard for free public beta (my dot BoxTone dot com slash insight); our full featured user self-health and remote troubleshooting product, myBoxTone Expert, is available for purchase by business of all sizes to deploy to their users to reduce support costs and enhance user experience. myBoxTone Expert is not being made available as a public beta. I apologize for the confusion. myBoxTone Expert will be released November 10th as a commercial product, we will likely follow-up with an individual consumer version next year. Please visit boxtone dot com slash myboxtone for more information on myBoxTone Expert.

Again, I apologize for the confusion.

Mitch

mitchberk no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by vangorder View Post
    I wasn't happy at the fact of this program trying to access an http protocol when it's only supposed to be monitoring system resources....

myBoxTone Expert contacts our licensing server to validate the licensing of the application. It does not report any personal usage or configuration information.

blackharleymike no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2568EF6D

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mitchberk View Post
    This is Mitch Berk, Product Manager at BoxTone. I would like to thank PinStack for this coverage; however, I do need to correct a portion of the post to avoid confusion.

While we previously offered, and continue to offer, the myBoxTone Insight Dashboard for free public beta (my dot BoxTone dot com slash insight); our full featured user self-health and remote troubleshooting product, myBoxTone Expert, is available for purchase by business of all sizes to deploy to their users to reduce support costs and enhance user experience. myBoxTone Expert is not being made available as a public beta. I apologize for the confusion. myBoxTone Expert will be released November 10th as a commercial product, we will likely follow-up with an individual consumer version next year. Please visit boxtone dot com slash myboxtone for more information on myBoxTone Expert.

Again, I apologize for the confusion.

Mitch
    hi mitch,
    good that you have made the things clear. I´ll give BoxTone-Insight a try, as soon i´ll get your reply message.
    regards from germany
    Mike

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ok, now thats better info! Thanks
    "If You Don't Like Me Just Remember It's Mind Over Matter..I Don't Mind and You Dont Matter"

lldru32 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    cool stuff.

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    I like the Insight program I currently have installed. I would love to see the above screenshots as an application also. I like the big icons, and it looks more user friendly. I like the option to enable/disable alerts and things like that. Looks very cool, thanks.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~