Via MWC Blog : Google CEO Eric Schmidt in a special keynote at Congress outlined ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

MWC 2010: Google Adopts New "Mobile First" Strategy

Advertisement

Via MWC Blog: Google CEO Eric Schmidt in a special keynote at Congress outlined how Google’s top programmers were now concentrating on mobile as their primary focus; he also pointed to recent acquisitions in the mobile space, notably AdMob. With a new Strategy "Mobile First" and desktop second.

Schmidt also provided an update on Google’s Android platform, which he said was now running across 26 different devices. He said that Android handset vendors were selling more than 60,000 per day, a figure that has doubled over the last quarter. During an Android demonstration, Google’s Eric Tseng announced that the platform now supports Flash – the full Flash version (10.1) rather than Flash Lite – allowing gaming and movies over handsets. The announcement will give Android devices an advantage over Apple’s iPhone, which does not support the technology.

Read More

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm glad Google is showing a mobile commitment. I think it's going to help raise the bar.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Google is on point right now I think they have already raised standards to the smart phones,though it does seem their devices are aimed more towards teens but hey this is just my opinion

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I've been saying for almost a year now that Android was going to bring some much needed competition to the market and get things going again. Seems its done just that and more. Full Flash support is something BB and iPhone users are still begging for. Yet the new kid on the block has it.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I thought the flash was still in the works?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Article says full support.

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59
    I have to admit- GOOGLE GETS IT!