In a follow-up to the story on the potential total loss of data for SideKick ... Smartphone News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

"Most" SideKick Data Recovered

Advertisement

In a follow-up to the story on the potential total loss of data for SideKick users, Microsoft Premium Mobile Experiences VP Roz Ho has said that "most, if not all" of the data had been recovered and only a small number of users will be at risk of losing their data permanently.

via Electronista: "Ho has also provided partial illumination of what triggered the outage and claims that a "system failure" lost data not only on the main system but also a backup. Rebuilding the system has had to move slowly as data has been recovered at each step, she says. As yet unconfirmed rumors have circulated that the actual cause was a botched SAN upgrade with no reliable backup in place in the event of a failure. Some have alleged that Microsoft has dramatically scaled back Sidekick support since acquiring Danger in 2008 and has let it slip as a result."

Full article here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    This is good to hear for all those users. I still can't imagine how it must feel to lose all that information we rely on each day.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    We switched wife over to a Wing during this time and am moving her to a Tour or Bold in the next day or so. Some minor things on the wing she just didn't like but loves on my curve (such as Yahoo).

Zo

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I saw this over here http://www.poweredbydanger.com/forum...85#post1167085

This makes my upgrade choices in 2010 confusing LOL. I've been a Sidekick fan since the Color SK came out years ago (if anyone here had that one LOL). I then had the SK2 and SK3 and missed out on the original LX that was out back in 2007; HATED the look of the 2008 LX. The 2009 LX (once the data issue is corrected) looks really good (all the social apps I use, except ICQ which I may dump soon). But I also still want an iPhone and MAYBE the 8220 but that's my last choice. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

EDIT: Found my desktop interface, but the one note I'm looking for, my device log in, is gone.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 10-17-2009 at 02:01 AM.

Another update: There has been some progress in trying to restore web browsing access to SK users. I'm on an internet support chat with T-Mo CS now to restore service to mine then switching the postpaid data plan over to it. I just ended my support chat session and was told to wait at least a day or so before I see any activity on my SK3.

Check this thread http://www.poweredbydanger.com/forum...d.php?t=114943
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 10-17-2009 at 10:14 PM.

I have the following restored:

notes, to-do's, calendar
    address book
    downloaded apps, games

Now I'm waiting for phone, social networking, the catalog, browsing and texting to work.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 10-18-2009 at 01:19 AM.

miller710 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The lx is junk. It was pushed out to early. Ever experience the red x of death. That was hw. I lost all my data. I love my new bb. Never gonna leave bb again

Full SK service restored this morning.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Glad to hear you're up and running. Any users out there who have been unable to get their data back?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

There are a ton of users who are complaining over at the sk forum poweredbydanger.com. Miller, this thread is about the service not the device. I will upgrade to the LX 09 on March 6, 2010.
    Posted via smartphone
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 10-18-2009 at 02:12 PM.

Make sure you review the customer reviews. A lot of people are complaining bout them. And I see nothing on this thread about not talkimg about the phone.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Well darnit. That stinks.... Looks like they were able to recover my wife's address book. Spoke with her and she said she already had all the numbers she needed which meant her address book was of no use to us. lol She has already switched to a Tour and that $100 would have been nice. lol Oh well, that is how my luck goes.

Zo

That's the biggest problem through this whole mess. Customer service agents were telling everyone that all sidekick users are getting the 100 bucks.