Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I tried and it sounds cool. BUT : - Is 250 421 bytes or octets ... Smartphone News forum

jjsurlenet no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: monitor your data usage

Advertisement

I tried and it sounds cool. BUT :
    - Is 250 421 bytes or octets ?
    - Does it consume CPU and slow down the Blackberry ? As it poll every x seconds.

AxelE no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: monitor your data usage

The number without any letter behind does always show bytes. What for you is the difference between bytes and octets?

As every program it does consume CPU. But to my and other's experience it's not noteable and it does not slow down the BB. Though you may influence a little by totally switching of the graphical output in the menu. Or, what I prefer, deactive the graphic in holster (if you use one). See the preferences for that.

A new version is on the run.

AxelE

Quote Originally Posted by jjsurlenet View Post
    I tried and it sounds cool. BUT :
    - Is 250 421 bytes or octets ?
    - Does it consume CPU and slow down the Blackberry ? As it poll every x seconds.

AxelE no está en línea Stack level 2

New version 0.41.3 available

Hi all,

Update to version 0.41.3:

- The user is now able to configure the date, the billing occurs, this way defining at which day of the month the period's counter is reset. Please have a look on my website (below) for the detailed rules of calculation.
    - The current period start and end date is shown in the loogbook screen.
    - A second logbook screen is added to show the summary of the last periods - reachable from the menu in the daily logbook screen.
    - A purge logbook function is available in the logbook screen's menu. The user may choose how many days to keep (30, 60, 90) and if the period's logbook should be purged as well. At the end of the purging function a small summary shows how many records were deleted.
    - Changes to the building of the main screen. This should avoid the problems reported on different devices having some small arrows at the button without being able to really scroll.
    - The application pops to foreground now, if the limit is reached.
    - The logbooks are displayed in reverse order now, the most recent entries on top.
    - Plus a lot of small things in the code, which I forgot to write down and that's why are not mentioned here.

So from my point of view the basic functionality, I planned to implement originally and what was added here on the forum is implemented now. Things which were mentioned here in the posts not implemented yet are still on my to do list but will take alittle time. Except the autostart feature what will be my next challange and comes soon.

AxelE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12