Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

For a followup/feedback I determined that running this app all the time (and that's the ... Smartphone News forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

For a followup/feedback I determined that running this app all the time (and that's the only way to do it) was the application that was draining my battery fairly quickly.

Starting with full battery every morning at 7am, by noon I was at 50% without really doing much of anything: checking a few emails, a little browsing, opening and closing a few apps like weather, uberTwitter, FB - all normal use. I deleted Mobile Data Alerter and now am back to normal which hitting about 85-90% by noon and 75-80% by 7pm.

FYI, I have a pretty new Seidio 1500 extended life battery on my 8330 running 4.5.0.160.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 08-04-2009 at 08:38 AM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    That's odd. On the Bold it does not seem to drain the battery significantly. I am running 4.6.0.167 (haven't really felt the need to update, although I am watching beta 5 closely )

I do like the application especially when I am travelling as this is when data useage costs the most.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    That's odd. On the Bold it does not seem to drain the battery significantly. I am running 4.6.0.167 (haven't really felt the need to update, although I am watching beta 5 closely )

I do like the application especially when I am travelling as this is when data useage costs the most.
    Don't get me wrong - I love the app and find it very useful for traveling. I've save the link for it and will install on an "as-needed" basis.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Don't get me wrong - I love the app and find it very useful for traveling. I've save the link for it and will install on an "as-needed" basis.
    That seems to be a good way of handling it. In the same position I would also uninstall it. At the moment I can live with the slight slowdown. Still would like to see an exit capability.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123