Mobivox is very efficient and call quality is great! You simply click to call the ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Mobivox - free dial-by-voice calls around the world

Advertisement

Mobivox is very efficient and call quality is great! You simply click to call the local access number (presaved in phone) then ask to be connected by name and that's it you are connected!

Mobivox connects family and friends around the world for free from any phone, they recently announced a new feature that makes calling by voice even easier. Create a Contact enables MOBIVOX users to add contacts to their online contact book in their own voice, by simply speaking the information over any telephone.

[Free Mobivox Sign up!]

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    Thanks......u know I jumped on it and tried it out cause I saw "FREE" Lol however, lots of hidden fees...I read the small print and tried it out, and I m not impress...this is similar to Pinger and Grandcentral which is totally free!!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

redbonnie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304E6F86

wow

really? im signing up now.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    I use Grandcentral and really like it. Plus, as someone said, it's free.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

dr_blackberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    thats another goog beta stuff acting pricey by not letting more sign-ups
    can I call my friends around the world with central?? to me the answer is... shhhhhh!! lets talk of something else!
    we are comparing apples to oranges here......

swearbyjazz no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

Apples to Oranges? IMHO comparing Mobivox, Pinger n Grandcentral is like comparing efficient personal assistant, with a talking txt msg and a call/voicemail routing system. Each one with their features, but to 'communicate' you'd use real time VOIP, or rather moblie VOIP like Mobivox and not voicemails.

Thinking of the downsides, can't use pinger as my friends whom I txt often are in classes or busy to call up to hear my talking txt. Can't use grandcentral, as I need to make calls to other countries. As simple as this

Mobivox does stand out with no similarity whatsoever. If they dint write "FREE" as pointed out above, some skype user would have complained that why have they put a price for few counties, when calling skype users if free all over the world!

So I continue to to differ about the mention of hidden fees; the very first page has the rates tab, with a methodical world map listing out what's free and what's not. Mobivox does work out cheapest among all for a feature rich calling experience to my home country, which I wish will be made free soon too. Call your friends by name, exactly as you greet them and talk; now that's communication! works great for me, as the voxgirl can connect me to my friends in the shortest possible time without having me to fiddle with keypad while driving

Seems like the only disappointment we have is that things are not free! Why not, if possible I would want them foot my blackberry bill too!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Update: MOBIVOX, announced today the launch of a new "hands-free" messaging service called "Send Message."

MOBIVOX's Send Message feature eliminates the need to type on tiny mobile phone keypads. It allows users to send text messages (SMS) or e-mails from their mobile, home or office landline phones. The service has been designed for a variety of everyday situations in which texting or calling may not be practical, including:
    -- Sending hands-free text messages and e-mails while driving;
    -- Issuing personal reminders when a phone is accessible, but typing or writing is not feasible;
    -- Leaving messages without having to engage in conversation.
    How Send Message Works
    To use the Send Message feature, members simply dial a MOBIVOX local access number and say, "Send Message." Non-members can register for free at http://www.mobivox.com and immediately begin using the service.
    Upon calling MOBIVOX, the user says the contact's name and tells MOBIVOX to send him or her a text message or e-mail. The user then records a short message, which MOBIVOX transcribes to text and delivers within minutes to the contact's e-mail address or mobile phone number. MOBIVOX charges 49 cents for each message sent, however, the first five messages sent are free.
    "Send Message is useful anywhere, but especially in those communities that have already mandated using only hands-free devices while driving," said Darren Yaphe, director of marketing for MOBIVOX.
    To curb the alarming rise in road fatalities linked to mobile phone usage, several U.S. states and municipalities as well as some Canadian provinces already require mobile phone users to use hands-free kits while driving. In addition, legislation is presently pending in some locations to ban text messaging altogether while driving. But because it is hand-free, MOBIVOX's Send Message service is safe to use in these situations.
    Send Message joins other MOBIVOX voice-driven features, including Dial-by Name and Create-a-Contact, providing members with additional reasons to use MOBIVOX's robust platform while saving money on their long distance and international calls to more than 40 countries around the world.