Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you read emails on your Blackberry? Why not read ebooks and enews? Download the ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Mobipocket Reader for Blackberry OTA eBookstore - Free download

Advertisement

Do you read emails on your Blackberry? Why not read ebooks and enews? Download the free Mobipocket eBook Reader on your Blackberry, and enjoy the reading experience. The online eBookstore is also integrated: find and start reading your favorite stories 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, straight from your Blackberry! Read on and discover how your Blackberry can become the ultimate ebook reader.

Install it from your device:
    http://m.mobipocket.com/ Enter this address in the web browser of your Blackberry and follow indications.
    Install it with your PC:
    Mobipocket Desktop Reader
    Run the Mobipocket desktop reader and connect your Blackberry through USB.
    Install it manually:
    Download .alx and .cod files.
    Run the Blackberry desktop Manager and install this application.

OTA (Over The Air) eBookstore - new!
    • Discover/find eBooks
    • Download free Samples
    • Buy from everywhere
    • Download complete version
    • Get customer reviews
    • Online account access
    [Read More]

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    That seems pretty cool. Now of course you would just buy the books. No do you keep them forever or is there any expiration date. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    As long as you have the software and keep your login information the books are yours forevever and if you upgrade or change bbs you can just redownload the software and books. Beware; customer service isn't great and the books can be pricey.

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8
    this is great for reading pdf'scan read kevin mitnicks the art of deception on my 8800 now you can import your own stuff too

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    I can digg this app. I have the Sony eReader and it's really cool to be able to have a grip of books located in one place! Going to get my device now and download!

markvibari no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by galvatron View Post
    this is great for reading pdf's
    Does it read native PDFs, or do you have to convert them using a desktop app first?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    OK, downloaded....now where do I get books from?

***never mind---got it.
    Last edited by ItsNowOrNever; 03-14-2008 at 01:18 AM.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

jrusch no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31ADDE19
    I get my ebooks from www.fictionwise.com. Fair prices and you get a rebate for each purchase that you can use to buy more ebooks.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Where are these books saved? On the phone's memory? On the SD card? Or is it pulling off the internet somewhere as I am reading?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Where are these books saved? On the phone's memory? On the SD card? Or is it pulling off the internet somewhere as I am reading?
    The books are downloaded to your bb. For BB models using 4.2 or higher you have the option of dowloading the version of mobipocket that allows you to store your ebooks on your micro scandisk.

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The format used by Mobipocket is .prc, not .pdf. Also, the .prc files must be secured/encrypted, or Mobipocket will not recognize them. So, if you download a Multiformat book (which are unsecured/unencrypted), you must encrypt the files. Assuming one has a media card, go to 'Options', click 'Media Card'. You will find the option to encrypt the files.

Two more things to keep in mind: one, make sure the Multiformat book supports Mobipocket (.prc) format; two, make sure you deactivate the encryption on your media card if you choose to download videos. Nope, that wasn't a typo. Videos downloaded while the BlackBerry is set to encrypt media will not play. I learned this the hard way. Honestly, I do not know if downloading e-books in the same fashion causes issues--but it wouldn't surprise me.

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yeah, I have been using this app for a little while. Have the "History of Cinema" book. Love it.
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    just downloaded it...Sweet thanks!
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Two things.

1- UH8ME...is that shonuf??? LOL

2- I recommend this app to ALL students out there. I use this for almost all of my classes and it is very useful compared to having to carry around stacks of articles and readings. Very handy indeed.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

hchai no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Have been using this program for over a year. It's the best ebook reader on BB.

Pros:
    1. Since ver 5.x, you have the option to save files on the SD card.
    2. Support Chinese book title and ebooks.
    3. Sync with the desktop reader.
    4. Handy shortcuts (space/p for next page, o for previous page, etc.)
    5. And no, you do not need to turn on encryption. Check the option in the Desktop reader.

However, there are couple things I don't like,

Cons:
    1. If you are reading a large file and you need to go backward for over 10+ pages, half of the time it will crash. However, it gets better in ver 6 as compared with ver 5.
    2. Only support proprietary.prc format. I have to convert tons of the books I had on my Palm to .txt and then import into the Desktop reader before sync to my BB.
    3. It will be better if the BB reader can open folders and different .txt or .pdf files. I was using iSilo in Palm and WM and loved it.

All in all, this is the best ebook reader on BB. Well, not many choices are out there

PS, I hate the new splash logo every time you open/turn on your device. It's a "new feature" since the latest non-beta ver 6. Hope they will allow us to turn it off in a later version.
    Last edited by hchai; 03-14-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast