CUPERTINO, Calif., June 20 -- Mobio Networks today announced that it has launched BlackBerry support ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Mobio download now available for BlackBerry

Advertisement

CUPERTINO, Calif., June 20 -- Mobio Networks today announced that it has launched BlackBerry support for smartphones from Research In Motion (RIM) across major U.S. carriers. BlackBerry users can enjoy all of Mobio's widgets and applications within the GetMobio mobile lifestyle portal, a collection of over 50 web service mash-ups that include the hottest nightclubs, restaurants and local events. With Mobio's latest widget, Cheap Gas, BlackBerry users can find the lowest cost gas stations near any location and even filter search results by brand right on the handset.

"BlackBerry has become the leading wireless connectivity solution for millions of users who value a sleek, performance-driven experience based on the convenience and power built into the smartphone design," said Marcia Kadanoff, Vice President of Marketing at Mobio. "We are thrilled to offer the fun and functionality of the GetMobio mobile lifestyle portal to the BlackBerry community, which has already demonstrated a strong desire to use mobile technology in integrated and innovative new ways."

Mobio's applications are created to meet the needs of a broad spectrum of users -- from those using the most popular and widely available mobile phones on the market, such as the Motorola RAZR, to more sophisticated smartphone models and interfaces including the BlackBerry Pearl. By simply entering their information once, users can personalize their experience across all GetMobio collections to create a more intuitive, seamless interaction.

BlackBerry users can point their browsers to http://getmobio.com/nowbb to download the GetMobio lifestyle portal.

In January, Mobio was selected from thousands of innovators to launch its GetMobio mobile lifestyle portal at the DEMO 2007 conference. Following the launch, Business 2.0 Magazine called Mobio one of the hottest start-ups to watch in its "Next Net 25" of 2007 and IDC named Mobio one of its "10 Emerging Wireless Entertainment Players to Watch in 2007." In April, LAPTOP Magazine called Mobio one of "Ten Companies to Watch in 2007."

About Mobio Networks

Mobio makes over 50 dynamic mobile applications and widgets that work together and are based on mash-ups of web services. Based in Silicon Valley, the company's mission is to make compelling applications that are fun, simple and useful enough to merit everyday use on popular mobile phones. Around the globe, people use Mobio's applications to locate the hottest bars, call a cab and find the cheapest gas -- all with very few clicks and minimal or no data entry. For more information, visit http://www.getmobio.com/.

Mobio is a trademark of Mobio Networks, Inc. All other registered or unregistered trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.

Media Contact: Maggie Quale FortyThree, Inc. 831.621.3773 press@getmobio.com Mobio Networks, Inc.

press@getmobio.com, for Mobio Networks, Inc.

kabirjohnson no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249e4ba5

Re: Mobio download now available for BlackBerry

Thanks hayden

DesertBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

THX, I am wondering how it will compare to Beyond411, trying it out....

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Well this was horribly slow... after about 45 seconds I had it deleted off my curve. It seems just be a glorified and slow browser.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Thanks hayden, going to give it a try.

It is slow, good idea but, I can google faster that the app is. It takes over to minute to load for me. Just removed it.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 06-20-2007 at 03:33 PM.

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3

I agree on the slowness of the app. Good concept though. I'm going to play around with it a little.

basic no está en línea Stack level 2

started it up and I got a java dump (8700c)...

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

works great on my curve,,,no lag @ all!

jasonalinen no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~great app

tileeater no está en línea Stack level 1

Needs some kind of caching machanism.

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

works great on my 8800, thanks Handen!
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it

wordthenerd Guest

Great find. I'm anxious to see how the next build performs.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HitmanQ no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40264CEE

Works great on the 7100i thanks