Would you like a service which helps you keep your cell phone cost down? MinuteWatcher ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

"MinuteWatcher" provides free cellphone usage alerts

Advertisement

Would you like a service which helps you keep your cell phone cost down?
    MinuteWatcher helps you keep track of your cell phone usage. You receive regular updates, before you run up a huge bill. Check it out

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Re: "MinuteWatcher" provides free cellphone usage alerts

Quote Originally Posted by hydn

Would you like a service which helps you keep your cell phone cost down?
    MinuteWatcher helps you keep track of your cell phone usage. You receive regular updates, before you run up a huge bill. Check it out

Seems like a nice idea....but to register it ask for your password to access your carrier account page...maybe I m wrong but I don't think that is so secure all your info is listed within your carrier site...how trusted is this company that is offering this feature? holla back..

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I just signed up for it and it seems pretty secure.

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I just signed up for it and it seems pretty secure.

You just signed up and it seems pretty secure... to your assumption.
    Would you trust them with your bank code?
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

PIN/ID
    240F667B

MinuteWatcher started in 2004 with Peter Stevens and John Socha-Leialoha, read more here.

So it turns out that MinuteWatcher has a sister company called Potala Software who was found by John Socha-Leialoha and Dave Edson. Potala Software was founded in 2003 to develop innovative softwares for your mobile devices.

These companies haven't been here long, just 2 to 3 years old if you do the math. Although, I must say the founders do have lots of programming background and working with known companies such as HP, LSI Logic, BMG Music and Entertainment Weekly. To me, it's just another company just trying to make it big.
    vipz o';'o

PIN/ID
    240F667B

Butterfly2 in'da haus!~ I hear ya!~

Security is one of my BIGGEST concerns!~ Stackerz, if security is your concern too, then read on.

From MinuteWatcher Privacy Policy

Who has access to the information?
    From time to time, it is necessary to test, maintain and verify the MinuteWatcher software. Selected engineers may need to sign on to your carrier manually to develop, test and maintain the MinuteWatcher software. All staff entrusted with access to your account information are subject to our privacy policy.

After reading this, it bothers me that selected engineers may need to sign on to our carrier manually. This is not KOOL!~

Stackerz should read their Privacy Policy/Terms and Conditions before joining. Just to be on the safe side.

That's my two cents, hope this helps.
    vipz o';'o

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

If you have TMO to check how much text msgs you have used type in
    #674# press the send key and wait text usage will popup...to check minute usage type in #646# press send key and wait minute usage popup.....for balance owed, type in #BAL# press send key and wait balance owed will popup...There is no minutes charged for using these features....that is what I do, and it is very accurate...I have not been over my limit since I started using those features...I m sure other carriers have similar techniques...holla at them and ask!! peace

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Quote Originally Posted by vyperz

Security is one of my BIGGEST concerns!~ Stackerz, if security is your concern too, then read on.

From time to time, it is necessary to test, maintain and verify the MinuteWatcher software. Selected engineers may need to sign on to your carrier manually to develop, test and maintain the MinuteWatcher software. All staff entrusted with access to your account information are subject to our privacy policy.

After reading this, it bothers me that selected engineers may need to sign on to our carrier manually. This is not KOOL!~

Stackerz should read their Privacy Policy/Terms and Conditions before joining. Just to be on the safe side.

Good looking with the 411 on that company viper...most useful..thanks

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by vyperz

Thanks Viper, that informaton is very helpful, I'm gonna pass on the signup.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2
    If you have TMO to check how much text msgs you have used type in
    #674# press the send key and wait text usage will popup...to check minute usage type in #646# press send key and wait minute usage popup.....for balance owed, type in #BAL# press send key and wait balance owed will popup...There is no minutes charged for using these features....that is what I do, and it is very accurate...I have not been over my limit since I started using those features...I m sure other carriers have similar techniques...holla at them and ask!! peace
    You're right I use those features all the time!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Yea, I don't want some strange person changing my cell plans. Not comfy with that. Not that I need something to give me the info.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr