Results 1 to 11 of 11

Would you like a service which helps you keep your cell phone cost down? MinuteWatcher ... Smartphone News forum

  1. #1
    hayden's Avatar
    hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    12,440

    "MinuteWatcher" provides free cellphone usage alerts

    Advertisement





    Would you like a service which helps you keep your cell phone cost down?
    MinuteWatcher helps you keep track of your cell phone usage. You receive regular updates, before you run up a huge bill. Check it out







  2. #2
    butterfly2's Avatar
    butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: "MinuteWatcher" provides free cellphone usage alerts

    Quote Originally Posted by hydn


    Would you like a service which helps you keep your cell phone cost down?
    MinuteWatcher helps you keep track of your cell phone usage. You receive regular updates, before you run up a huge bill. Check it out






    Seems like a nice idea....but to register it ask for your password to access your carrier account page...maybe I m wrong but I don't think that is so secure all your info is listed within your carrier site...how trusted is this company that is offering this feature? holla back..

  3. #3
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: "MinuteWatcher" provides free cellphone usage alerts

    I just signed up for it and it seems pretty secure.

  4. #4
    vyperz's Avatar
    vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    PIN/ID
    240F667B
    Posts
    660

    Re: "MinuteWatcher" provides free cellphone usage alerts

    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I just signed up for it and it seems pretty secure.

    You just signed up and it seems pretty secure... to your assumption.
    Would you trust them with your bank code?
    vipz o';'o

    Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

  5. #5
    vyperz's Avatar
    vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    PIN/ID
    240F667B
    Posts
    660

    Re: "MinuteWatcher" provides free cellphone usage alerts

    MinuteWatcher started in 2004 with Peter Stevens and John Socha-Leialoha, read more here.

    So it turns out that MinuteWatcher has a sister company called Potala Software who was found by John Socha-Leialoha and Dave Edson. Potala Software was founded in 2003 to develop innovative softwares for your mobile devices.

    These companies haven't been here long, just 2 to 3 years old if you do the math. Although, I must say the founders do have lots of programming background and working with known companies such as HP, LSI Logic, BMG Music and Entertainment Weekly. To me, it's just another company just trying to make it big.
    vipz o';'o

    Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

  6. #6
    vyperz's Avatar
    vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    PIN/ID
    240F667B
    Posts
    660

    Re: "MinuteWatcher" provides free cellphone usage alerts

    Butterfly2 in'da haus!~ I hear ya!~

    Security is one of my BIGGEST concerns!~ Stackerz, if security is your concern too, then read on.

    From MinuteWatcher Privacy Policy

    Who has access to the information?
    From time to time, it is necessary to test, maintain and verify the MinuteWatcher software. Selected engineers may need to sign on to your carrier manually to develop, test and maintain the MinuteWatcher software. All staff entrusted with access to your account information are subject to our privacy policy.


    After reading this, it bothers me that selected engineers may need to sign on to our carrier manually. This is not KOOL!~

    Stackerz should read their Privacy Policy/Terms and Conditions before joining. Just to be on the safe side.

    That's my two cents, hope this helps.
    vipz o';'o

    Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

  7. #7
    butterfly2's Avatar
    butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: "MinuteWatcher" provides free cellphone usage alerts

    If you have TMO to check how much text msgs you have used type in
    #674# press the send key and wait text usage will popup...to check minute usage type in #646# press send key and wait minute usage popup.....for balance owed, type in #BAL# press send key and wait balance owed will popup...There is no minutes charged for using these features....that is what I do, and it is very accurate...I have not been over my limit since I started using those features...I m sure other carriers have similar techniques...holla at them and ask!! peace

  8. #8
    butterfly2's Avatar
    butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: "MinuteWatcher" provides free cellphone usage alerts

    Quote Originally Posted by vyperz
    Butterfly2 in'da haus!~ I hear ya!~

    Security is one of my BIGGEST concerns!~ Stackerz, if security is your concern too, then read on.

    From MinuteWatcher Privacy Policy

    Who has access to the information?
    From time to time, it is necessary to test, maintain and verify the MinuteWatcher software. Selected engineers may need to sign on to your carrier manually to develop, test and maintain the MinuteWatcher software. All staff entrusted with access to your account information are subject to our privacy policy.


    After reading this, it bothers me that selected engineers may need to sign on to our carrier manually. This is not KOOL!~

    Stackerz should read their Privacy Policy/Terms and Conditions before joining. Just to be on the safe side.

    That's my two cents, hope this helps.
    Good looking with the 411 on that company viper...most useful..thanks

  9. #9
    msbrenda64's Avatar
    msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,391

    Re: "MinuteWatcher" provides free cellphone usage alerts

    Quote Originally Posted by vyperz
    Butterfly2 in'da haus!~ I hear ya!~

    Security is one of my BIGGEST concerns!~ Stackerz, if security is your concern too, then read on.

    From MinuteWatcher Privacy Policy

    Who has access to the information?
    From time to time, it is necessary to test, maintain and verify the MinuteWatcher software. Selected engineers may need to sign on to your carrier manually to develop, test and maintain the MinuteWatcher software. All staff entrusted with access to your account information are subject to our privacy policy.


    After reading this, it bothers me that selected engineers may need to sign on to our carrier manually. This is not KOOL!~

    Stackerz should read their Privacy Policy/Terms and Conditions before joining. Just to be on the safe side.

    That's my two cents, hope this helps.
    Thanks Viper, that informaton is very helpful, I'm gonna pass on the signup.

  10. #10
    msbrenda64's Avatar
    msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,391

    Re: "MinuteWatcher" provides free cellphone usage alerts

    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2
    If you have TMO to check how much text msgs you have used type in
    #674# press the send key and wait text usage will popup...to check minute usage type in #646# press send key and wait minute usage popup.....for balance owed, type in #BAL# press send key and wait balance owed will popup...There is no minutes charged for using these features....that is what I do, and it is very accurate...I have not been over my limit since I started using those features...I m sure other carriers have similar techniques...holla at them and ask!! peace
    You're right I use those features all the time!

  11. #11
    melissaox's Avatar
    melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,344

    Re: "MinuteWatcher" provides free cellphone usage alerts

    Yea, I don't want some strange person changing my cell plans. Not comfy with that. Not that I need something to give me the info.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •