Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by Sci-Tek ... But I do know, I got the application the 3rd ... Smartphone News forum

AxelE no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: MiniMoni out of BETA, Free version 1.0 released

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sci-Tek View Post

But I do know, I got the application the 3rd of January. (logging in minimoni)
    The link I DLed from was:
    http://www.ehnert.net/MiniMoni/MiniMoni.zip
    Sorry to not have any version for you.. I've really tried to look for them

But I did choose to save logfile to media card, after that the problem might have arised.. now that you mention it..
    I didn't have any problems from the time I installed it up untill some hours ago.. that makes 3 hours aprox..
    So it must have been one of the betas. The version 1.00.00 was published after the 4th of January. The save logfile to SD ist probably not the reason. At least I cannot see it.

Do you have any other 3rd party applications running (IM, GoogleMail, etc.)??

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

no 3rd party software has been started today.
    However installed programs are:
    viigo
    jivetalk
    gmail
    gtalk
    gridmagic ce
    pinstack bb launcher
    opera
    midpSSH
    autolock
    and softreset
    running application show the 5 always ones and minimoni

Could you post the exact error message? And do you have the graphic running? Does it move constantly?

Attatching current options. and main screen. yeah I have the graph moving all the time.

I'll post the error when I get it again..

OK. We'll have a look on it tomorrow.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Does it work on Sprint 8703e bb?
    Looks like it does not, tried it and it showed no traffic on mine. Would be nice to have working on CDMA devices too.

mike_187 no está en línea Stack level 1

how accurate is it? just wondering because it seems to take up data ( little bit ) while its connecting to network,and even when i have all apps of, and not using push email. is it something my carrier would count as data? or is it not totally doable to 100% accuracy with a program like this.

dont get me wrong, thanks a lot for the hard work, and i really love the app and constantly use it. just wondering on accuracy because i have only a 10mb plan..

Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson View Post
    Looks like it does not, tried it and it showed no traffic on mine. Would be nice to have working on CDMA devices too.
    The limitation of the RIM API currently does not allow MiniMoni to work on CDMA networks.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_187 View Post
    how accurate is it? just wondering because it seems to take up data ( little bit ) while its connecting to network,and even when i have all apps of, and not using push email. is it something my carrier would count as data? or is it not totally doable to 100% accuracy with a program like this.

dont get me wrong, thanks a lot for the hard work, and i really love the app and constantly use it. just wondering on accuracy because i have only a 10mb plan..
    Please look at my post earlier today. I published an analysis for my bill vs. MiniMoni.

http://www.ehnert.net/MiniMoni/MiniMoni.Statistics.pdf

You can expect, that the charge from the provider is at least 10 % higher, than what you measured with MiniMoni. I'm currently thinking on how to emulate the rounding behavior ...

And believe me, you never know what your device is doing in the background . Recently had a case where a person thought, there could not be any traffic at all as nothing is causing traffic. Finally it was GoogleMail sitting around in the background and polling for new mails (150 K per day) ... JiveTalk causes 20-40K per hour, even if you don't chat at all etc etc.

AxelE

JiveTalk on MSN at my phone pulls maybe 8-10k, thats because I've created a new msn account with 4-5 friends only for usage with the BB. If you have 150 friends at they all sign inn and out all the time.. it will eat up your BW ;p .
    Also when you connect to the wireless network you'll pull some traffic, not much.. 2-3kb.

A GMAIL check depends also on your inbox, if your good at archiving messages it will take 2-3KB to check. (remember to disable automatic polling in options if your on a limited data plan).

Quote Originally Posted by AxelE View Post
    OK. We'll have a look on it tomorrow.
    Hers is the requested screenshoot:

It occured when phone was connected to USB. phone had been laying idle at my desk and where not syncing with DM.
    No running software (Except from those who always runs.. he he)
    Screen where off but autolock had not locked the phone (it don't lock the phone while connected)
    Last edited by Sci-Tek; 01-16-2008 at 03:02 AM.

susanowoslo no está en línea Stack level 1

nice application, but I have for 20 € (Simobil - Slovenia)(unlimited data transfer) sometimes I am downloading TV shows

Hers is the requested screenshoot:

It occured when phone was connected to USB. phone had been laying idle at my desk and where not syncing with DM.
    No running software (Except from those who always runs.. he he)
    Screen where off but autolock had not locked the phone (it don't lock the phone while connected)
    Are you connected to BES thru your USB connection? I know that it is possible, but cann't say if it causes the trouble.

Second question: How long does it take until the application crashes after you have connected to USB.

AxelE

Connected to BIS, company got BES in US, but I'm in norway and getting hold of a BB admin would be to much of an effort.. hehe.

I would say it was aprox 10min after I connected the cable. But it might seem random, hopefully i'll be able to provoke the error again today
    Last edited by Sci-Tek; 01-16-2008 at 03:34 AM.

Connected to BIS, company got BES in US, but I'm in norway and getting hold of a BB admin would be to much of an effort.. hehe.

I would say it was aprox 10min after I connected the cable. But it might seem random, hopefully i'll be able to provoke the error again today
    I do personally have connected it via USB very often and the DM is running but not syncing. Never experienced this. And for a long time.

I wonder, which process could cause the event queue to block.

I know, I saw it once as I started the DM while BB was connected and it found a new version of MiniMoni on my PC and then I let the application loader idle for a long time. But in that case I had the typical connect screen on the BB.

What is the version of your DM?

AxelE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast