via Electronista : "The Windows Mobile development team today indirectly criticized Apple with a video ... Smartphone News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Microsoft Takes A Jab At Apple

Advertisement

via Electronista: "The Windows Mobile development team today indirectly criticized Apple with a video (available below) promoting Windows Marketplace for Mobile. The spoof makes fun of Apple's tendency to reject certain iPhone apps and allow novelties, and instead portrays imaginary apps that Microsoft would have rejected, such as ones that would provide a fake mustache or that regularly shock the owner. Apple isn't mentioned directly in the roughly two-minute spot.

Besides implying a less restrictive policy towards app approval, the video more directly reinforces Microsoft's emphasis on premium apps. In developer sessions, it has characterized the iPhone's App Store as a 'race to the bottom' for pricing and simple features while Windows Marketplace is envisioned as having more sophisticated apps on average."

Full article here.
    Last edited by azstar; 10-21-2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: fixed image
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I guess when your on Top there will always be people trying to knock you down. Considering Windows is already associated with every bargin bin device and at the bottom of the barrell there is no place for them to go but up.

Hope it works out for them. If i was Windows I would be more affraid of the Android than anything.

Posted via smartphone

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I agree that Android is going to be a major competitor in the game. Still, the innuendo in the video is still very true. There are a slew of worthless apps in the app store and they got approved while others seem to get rejected and the rules don't always seem to apply to in every situation.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    bad publicity is still good publicity. Feed the beast .
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ROTFL That was great, I needed a good laugh
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!