"...the thing I like most about the Blackberry (8700g) is how well it handles email, ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Matt Asay - Treo vs. Blackberry: My comparison and verdict

Advertisement

"...the thing I like most about the Blackberry (8700g) is how well it handles email, as compared with my Treo, and how well it works as a phone. It's pretty weak for most other things, but as RIM goes consumer with the Pearl and other phones, I think this will get better." -- Continue Reading...

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Matt Asay - Treo vs. Blackberry: My comparison and verdict

Matt,
    Your list is so long that it would take an equally long response here to address some of the "cons" you note, but here is a general thought for you. I was a Palm user until 6 months ago when I bought my BB 8700g, and I started with Palm back when the original Palmpilot was released owning a Treo 600, 650, etc. The simple reality of that aging OS, as much as I loved it, is that it nowhere near compares with the stability and operation of the Blackberry OS. As you spend a little more time, you'll find that there are programs like PocketDay Professional that can address your program switching issue, and there are simple "one-click" maneuvers to write an email or call someone right from the address book. There are great programs like Berry411 and BBCorrector that will make your life so much better. It is just a learning curve on your part, and it took me awhile as well. Welcome aboard!