Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MapQuest, in partnership with Telmap, today announced that the newest version of its voice-guided, GPS-enabled ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

MapQuest for BlackBerry, Turn-by-Turn Navigation for $4.99

Advertisement

MapQuest, in partnership with Telmap, today announced that the newest version of its voice-guided, GPS-enabled wireless application, MapQuest Navigator 5.0, is now widely available to consumers through a new direct-to-consumer storefront on MapQuest.com.

More details

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: MapQuest for BlackBerry, Turn-by-Turn Navigation for $4.99

Has anybody tried this yet? If so I have that one burning question, can it play the audio through the bluetooth headset? What was your opinion as compared to Telenav? I just wish they could allow a free 30 day trial or something.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Was mapquest not free until now. Is there still a free version?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

matthiasj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243C4CBB

the old version still works if anyone has it and it was and still is free, i still have the download link, and i tried it and it said page not found.

slider8300 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3058d9fc

Telenav is the best GPS software for the blackberry hands down. I have tried them all and nothing comes close to a very polish never locks up.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by slider8300 View Post
    Telenav is the best GPS software for the blackberry hands down. I have tried them all and nothing comes close to a very polish never locks up.
    Tried several myself and have almost become a Telenav advocate. I travel all the time for my job and it has yet to put me on the wrong path, so to speak.

Figures... no VZW support.
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 11-19-2007 at 09:14 PM.

talentedj no está en línea Stack level 1

I have been using telenav for over 6 mnths now and it was the best navigation tool for my 8800 until I convinced myself to download the new mapquest. I have always told myself that If i can find another gps software that comes even close to it for less money, I would drop it like a bad habit. I cancelled my telenav subscription today for my wife's and I phone and saved myself $10/mnth. Let me start by saying that I tested it all day while driving to make sure it is sufficient enough to replace telenav (this is where all others have failed). I searched every business, house, church and yes even post offices (telenav couldnt locate post offices) that I could think of and it scored 100 on every search. It is very user friendly like telenav. they both have the gas price search feature however mapquest has it on the main screen which made a big difference and the poi's are easier to locate. They both have audio turn by turn directions. Both announce & show the streets before you turn. They both show in 3D. Both will allow you to change route styles like ex: streets only.Both will give you traffic updates and the ability to reroute during heavy traffic. Mapquest talks much clearer and has the cool night vision screen however with mapquest if you miss your turn, it forces you to make a u-turn on the upcoming street but my easy fix was to press menu and manually select reroute and it created a new route for me just like telenav. So for $5 less,it was a no brainer. Finally!!!

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Does MapQuest not have a trial version of the program? I can't find it if they do. Also, how much memory does the program take up? I'm currently using Telenav and it takes somewhere between 800K and 1Meg. Thanks.

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

On my Curve 8310 Telenav shows size 807k and MapQuest shows 1066k.

Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    Does MapQuest not have a trial version of the program? I can't find it if they do. Also, how much memory does the program take up? I'm currently using Telenav and it takes somewhere between 800K and 1Meg. Thanks.
    I couldn't find a free trial so I took a chance at it after looking at their video demo. It was worth the chance

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Wow from free to 4.99 per month? Was the version before BETA? It is much cheaper than Telenav though. I think Telenav is a little more refined. Although it all works the same. It seems to be more compatible with other devices too. Also with GPS pucks.
    Last edited by reddog187; 11-20-2007 at 03:38 AM.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

if it was a once off fee yeah i could do that but a fee every month and at the end you still dont own the software.
    Wish I had downloaded the free version when it was available, but was waiting for the 8310 to come out. Dam dam dam

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro

The $4.99 is for a limited time, Offer ends 12/31/07.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Quote Originally Posted by shadow63 View Post
    On my Curve 8310 Telenav shows size 807k and MapQuest shows 1066k.
    I'll keep Telenav then. I'm used to it and it's features by now, and since my company has a demo deal worked out with them, it's free. Thanks for the reply about program size.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeek View Post
    Has anybody tried this yet? If so I have that one burning question, can it play the audio through the bluetooth headset? What was your opinion as compared to Telenav? I just wish they could allow a free 30 day trial or something.
    forgot- yes it will automatically route the audio during the navigation to your headset

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast