Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blackberry n' Rice Via washingtonpost.com : "This is a cautionary tale. It involves a BlackBerry ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Man drops BlackBerry in toilet, loses date’s number, uses rice to retrieve it

Advertisement

Blackberry n' Rice

Via washingtonpost.com: "This is a cautionary tale. It involves a BlackBerry in a toilet, a roommate with a hair dryer, a bowl of uncooked rice and a date who almost got stood up. And it has a happy ending -- sort of."

Thanks to BlackBerry Beat for giving this page some internet air.

Read More

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Man drops BlackBerry in toilet, loses date’s number, uses rice to retrieve it

Great story. I'm not gonna test this theory though.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Man drops BlackBerry in toilet, loses date’s number, uses rice to retrieve it

Yeah i'm with kayos on this one. Not something i want to do to toss 400 down the drain with..or toilet for that matter
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Hehe he could have thrown baked soda inside a plastic container with the blackberry too.

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

i duno but nice to know

ive dropped my phone in water before and waited and it worked again i dont see how it would turn on but not have numbers..........

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

next "i got my pearl wet" thread i see i'm posting the link to this thread!

Vindicated no está en línea Stack level 3

Now that's wild!
    ...God Bless...
    ~Vindicated (8100)~

25 Male, Tennessee

You're more than welcome to PIN me Anytime..24066C00

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yum! BlackBerry rice. Might have to order some for dinner. LOL

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

That almost give a new meaning for money down the drain.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Now, THAT is classic... LMAO

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

jloverg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

blackberry in a drain coming soon

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

HAHAHAH ... great story ... i've heard of putting rice in your salt shaker cuz it draws out humidity, i've heard of using rice water to wash your face for iimproving skin tone and softness.. but this tidbit takes the cake on the myriad of uses for rice.

thnx for sharing.
    =D

prodigee no está en línea Stack level 2

wow... i'm proud to be vietnamese, now. just... did they eat the rice, afterwards? that's a waste of rice. could probably feed 3 ppl with that much rice... lol... toilet rice.

randpiers no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    300A3C0C

i can't believe i read that article yesterday... and last night... sure enough... my 7250 went swimming.

i immediately pulled the battery out, dried off what i could with a towel, and smothered my blackberry in basmati rice.

today... the battery is fried... i've borrowed another battery from a friend which is charging.

my blackberry powers up... but the keyboard and trackball are barely functioning... i'm going to pull it apart when i get home tonight [warranty is dead now anyway]... and see what i can do.

i feel naked without this thing.

will let you know how it goes.

randpiers

randpiers no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    300A3C0C

Quote Originally Posted by randpiers

my blackberry powers up... but the keyboard and trackball are barely functioning... i'm going to pull it apart when i get home tonight [warranty is dead now anyway]... and see what i can do.

i feel naked without this thing.

will let you know how it goes.

randpiers

i couldn't stand it any longer... sent my 7250 off to "bongo wireless"... they had it cleaned and kicking within 4 hours. [although i didn't pick it up until the next day].... i can't say enough about them.... thank you, thank you, thank you!

i was so impressed that i suggested my girlfriend bring her "drowned" phone with her... her story is a touch more extreme than mine... her phone was in her purse, along with a bottle of creme soda... very sticky, and dead phone... we'll know on monday if it will rise from the sugar bath.

rp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast