Via Boygeniusreport : "Reports are literally flooding in that iPhones across the Northeast are experiencing ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Major iPhone Data Outage in the Northeast

Advertisement

Via Boygeniusreport: "Reports are literally flooding in that iPhones across the Northeast are experiencing some major network issues. Reports are also coming from areas further south down the Atlantic coast. So what’s the deal? Well in a nutshell, data is kaput. Users are reporting that 2G and 3G data are both affected which means unless you’re in range of a WiFi hotspot you’re basically toast. Oddly, no other handsets seem to be affected by this outage which poses the question: Huh?"

[Read More]

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I feel for those who spent their hard earned money on a device that was not given enough product testing before the public release. I guess I won't complain the next time RIM delays its products, OS, etc. Atleast they are trying to ensure that all the bugs are worked out before the release. Thx-for the reminder of how awesome our BB's are.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I feel sorry for them too. One can assume, at least, that part of the problem is that it was released before the net was ready. Too bad the greed for the "leg up" on the competition gets the best of many vendors who do the same. Once the consumer has spent the money on the device, what else can they do but sit and wait?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    It sucks to be them. I do not know what I would do with out my device working. Hate to hear that fellow stackers on AT&T might be having problems as well. I agree, I will wait for a device that way the network can be ready even if there are delays.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    As good as it would feel to point this at apple or AT&T, this wasn't just an iPhone problem. I don't know why it's being reported as such. I had several users impacted by the outage. Many were on blackjack I or II phones and a Treo user. My lone iPhone user actually didn't have any issues at all. Users could surf the web but due to a routing issue, web apps would not run. So for me, only windows mobile users were affected.

PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Well I think pointing at AT&T would be appropriate.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    Well I think pointing at AT&T would be appropriate.

I will learn to respect VZW from now on, as well. They do extreme testing prior to releasing...that's why they are always behind on getting the new devices out. I guess I owe them a big thank you.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    I will learn to respect VZW from now on, as well. They do extreme testing prior to releasing...that's why they are always behind on getting the new devices out. I guess I owe them a big thank you.
    There's something to be said for the cautious, non-pioneering spirit. Solid products are appreciated by their customers.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Thumbs up great work rim

ditto,,,,,,indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    I feel for those who spent their hard earned money on a device that was not given enough product testing before the public release. I guess I won't complain the next time RIM delays its products, OS, etc. Atleast they are trying to ensure that all the bugs are worked out before the release. Thx-for the reminder of how awesome our BB's are.

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    Cmon ppl... lest think with business sense. Apple has been sold almost 10 millions of iphones 3G. If AT&T lunch the Bold right now, how many of us will run to purchase one? I will go RUSH to change my 3G for the Bold. And I know the Bold will have the same issues than the iphone.

jtesnani no está en línea Stack level 3
    is this in regards to the issue on wednesday? i was under the impression that it was an AT&T network issue and not device related. an email was sent out at work stating that blackberry users may have issues connecting...

PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    is this in regards to the issue on wednesday? i was under the impression that it was an AT&T network issue and not device related. an email was sent out at work stating that blackberry users may have issues connecting...
    It was a network thing, not just iPhones were affected. But I think since iPhones are under the microscope right now, anything bad that happens get multiplied even if the story is not %100 true.