Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Originally Posted by cherrichiodo how are you downloading them? ota or desktop download? did you ... Smartphone News forum

diablox28 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    how are you downloading them? ota or desktop download?
    did you happen to delete the theme reader?

if the theme appears in the applications, but not the options then usually it means that you downloaded a theme not compatible with your device. also, if it was the first time you downloaded an OTA theme, sometimes your bb will require a battery pull/soft reset to activate the theme. but you said you are having the same issue with themes you have made? so my next question is, are you 100% sure you loaded the 4.5 OS on your bb?
    cherri,
    i tried both ota and through the desktop loader. and yes I am sure i have 4.5 installed on the phone. i go to Options>about and it says v4.5.0.52 (platform 2.7.0.66) i have tried multiple themes. but after i read your reply......I am thinking i might have erased the theme reader. what ever that is. because after I install a new OS on my computer, I go into the java folder and erase the PTT and all themes except for the zen theme. but i have also downloaded a theme for 4.2 OS. and it works. I am using the 4.2 theme now. what do you think??

I appreciate all your help. THANKS!

mmmitch no está en línea Stack level 2
    103 messages!?

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Bet you people just mark everything unopened before they take screen shots

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Cherri, The home screen layout is great when I'm on EDGE - without wi-fi - it's just like the pic on the 1st post of this thread. BUT, when my wi-fi connection picks up, the signal moves over to overlay the UMA (uma) indicator (see below.) Any fix for that?

Last edited by jblackfish; 07-25-2008 at 05:27 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    Really Nice Themes. But There Not For Me Since I Have An 8130 Running Os 4.3. Alast I Can't Get Them.

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by diablox28 View Post
    cherri,
    i tried both ota and through the desktop loader. and yes I am sure i have 4.5 installed on the phone. i go to Options>about and it says v4.5.0.52 (platform 2.7.0.66) i have tried multiple themes. but after i read your reply......I am thinking i might have erased the theme reader. what ever that is. because after I install a new OS on my computer, I go into the java folder and erase the PTT and all themes except for the zen theme. but i have also downloaded a theme for 4.2 OS. and it works. I am using the 4.2 theme now. what do you think??

I was having the same problem you are. Did you happen to use MaxMem to delete the themes that you didn't use ? That's what I did and believe it did delete the theme reader. What I did was open DM and let it install the preloaded themes back and that solved the problem.

atj2468 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask plz
    Zip File Plz!!
    T-Mobile Blackberry Curve 8320
    OS 4.5
    ~Atj1@tmo.blackberry.net~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by diablox28 View Post
    cherri,

well, i am pretty sure you need ALL the default themes to run these custom, since they are a variance. of course, i could be wrong. if you are worried about memory, you could delete one by one. for instance, if you want to run a today style theme, then you need the dimension today default theme installed.

you can uninstall the 4.5, reinstall it (all on PC) and then re-edit the java folder only deleting ptt. then reload. they download should work after that.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Cherri, The home screen layout is great when I'm on EDGE - without wi-fi - it's just like the pic on the 1st post of this thread. BUT, when my wi-fi connection picks up, the signal moves over to overlay the UMA (uma) indicator (see below.) Any fix for that?

ya, i'll fix it and reload. i meant to load it on top of the signal

cjennin2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I downloaded the new CDK but havent really had a chance to play with it, what is the reason you cannot add 3rd party icons? Does the CDK only allow you to drag and drop existing icons and not browse to anything else? Or is it an issue with being able to add the icon but not link it to the actual application?

Just curious since like I said I havent had time to play with the CDK really myself, but seeing some of the themes coming out already puts a smile on my face...some cool functionality with the custom themes!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    ya, i'll fix it and reload. i meant to load it on top of the signal
    Cherri,

Thanks for the fix. Reloaded the theme - the filename is now c2tp83 Pinstack42 -
    I'm sure that's the right one because the uma/signal are separated AND it works on 4.5 - does that mean it will work under 4.2 also? (Sorry if that's an ignorant question.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Charneus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24372D18
    Bah. I just tried creating my own custom theme. Worked alright, except it would never go back to the home screen (the one it switches to after a few minutes). It just remained as if it was an icon theme, which it isn't. :\

I really need to learn how to do all this myself, too. I'm particular about what I want my themes to look like.

Charneus

baby27face no está en línea Stack level 1
    WOW.these f¤Ąking these are hot lol is there a way to move the icons around

lag
    lag no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just got started making y own themes cause i wanted a Today with specific apps on it.

I dl 4.5 on friday. Themes are backward compatible - themes can run o BB running 4.2 or higher. I have made a couple and they run on my BB 8830 v4.2.2 just fine.

as for step by step instructions, the User guide in Theme Builder walks you through the basics really well. Once you load software, just look at Help.

lag
    lag no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by lraed74 View Post
    OK, so I downloaded the new JDE/CDK but I keep getting the 'no device simulator' message. I read that the simulator is bundled with the JDE so what do I need to do with getting this running?

The User Guide in Theme Builder 4.5 will tell you how and where to download the Simulator. Then just choose your model/carrier.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast