Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LogMeIn is giving away LogMeIn prize packs containing a t-shirt, USB drive, phone charger, and ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

LogMeIn Rescue Giveaway - Reply to enter

Advertisement

LogMeIn is giving away LogMeIn prize packs containing a t-shirt, USB drive, phone charger, and more to three PinStackers that will be selected randomly at the end of this giveaway. If you support smartphones and the mobile workers that use them, then here's how to enter...

Reply with your answers to any two or all three of the following questions:

1. What are the most common smartphone problems that come into your helpdesk?
    2. How many different mobile OS’ does your IT department support and manage?
    3. What’s your IT department’s policy on supporting personally owned mobile phones or smartphones?

Don't have a PinStack account? You can also reply to enter using LinkedIn - click here...

Winners will be announced this Thursday 3/11!

About LogMeIn Rescue

In addition to PC and Mac support, LogMeIn Rescue gives you full remote control of Windows Mobile®, Symbian®, and BlackBerry® devices. It also allows for remote iPhone email configuration and chat. Quickly troubleshoot today's most popular smartphone platforms with LogMeIn Rescue by controlling a simulation of the screen or keypad as if the device were in your own hands — all without pre-installing software.

Support your mobile workforce with Rescue:
    · Expand remote support services to the largest smartphone segments
    · Reduce smartphone support costs, handling time and on site visits
    · Respond quickly with mission critical application support

Support your smartphone users with a smart remote support solution. Try it free for 14 days!

kiloglobin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2109C602

Smile

• Email/Outlook Not Synching
    • Enterprise Activation Fails
    • Access WLAN
    • Download Applications

• Blackberry OS 4.6+
    • iPhone OS 3.x

3. What’s your IT department’s policy on supporting personally owned mobile phones or smartphones?
    • Access to EMAIL/PIN Sync Only
    • No internal WLAN access for personal devices
    • No remote device tracking for personal devices
    • We are not responsible for any extra charges due to BES operation

I LOVE LogMeIn Rescue. I use it almost everyday for desktop and Blackberry users. It's especially easy with Blackberry users on BES because I can deploy the LMI Rescue Client using the BES!

LogMeIn no está en línea Developer
    Hey Kiloglobin,

Thanks for sharing! I noticed you don't list the Android OS- do you see growth in this area from a helpdesk perspective?

Kevin Aries
    Community Relationship Manager, LogMeIn Inc.

cashmore no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    216D9988

My answers

Sync issues - e-mail and outlook
    BB OSes? Including version revisions - 26
    Not including revisions - 7
    We only support BBs, technically. We are moving to only allow BBs to connect to our mail server.
    We allow them but the must adhere to out IT policy.

Simon Cashmore BA, ISP, ITCP
    Systems/BES Administrator
    Calgary, Alberta
    216D9988
    Last edited by cashmore; 03-09-2010 at 03:16 PM.

mzhale no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up I'm in!!!

Please count me in! Sounds great!
    D Porter

ethnicomm no está en línea Stack level 1
    Synching issues and applications not working.
    BB
    They're on their own.

cgbama91 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24ABEE31

My answers

Sync issues for Lotus Notes
    We only support Blackberry.
    We don't support them at all.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Don't have a PinStack account? You can also reply to enter using LinkedIn - click here...

MikeHud no está en línea Stack level 1

LogMeIn Giveway

Reply with your answers to any two or all three of the following questions:

Answer: Mobile connection to email services
    Answer: Officially Blackberry OS, unofficially iPhone OS
    Answer: Support personally owned if Blackberry or Apple iPhone

pumbaa70 no está en línea Stack level 1

LogMeIn Rescue Giveaway - Reply to Enter

I cannot activate my blackberry. It has not been provisioned correctly by the carrier and is on BIS instead of BES

3-5

Must sign a waiver to have a policy put on them or does not get activated

crappy no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    25fc9879

contest entry

I like free things and contests are the best way to get them. I'm one of many admins for the blackberries we use. Here are my answers to the three questions:

a pretty general one starts with "why isn't this working" then you have to probe and figure out remotely what the exact problem could be; usually my users have simple problems like "how do i capitalize", "how do i pin", "what happened to my e-mail"

we only use blackberry but i know of one or two that use iphone

there is no 'official' policy as not too many employees are able to handle their own mobile phone/smartphone with the work computer but so far it's a don't ask don't tell approach; i know that there are a few tech-savvy individuals in our organization who are able to connect with a personal device and depending on their question our work IT will assist otherwise they have to go through their supplier IT company; all employees get the company rate on devices if they ask for it from the supplier companies but it's not always the better deal

zrnchikw no está en línea Stack level 1
    Connection to email (professional and personal)

Just one right now - webOS, but hoping to add BB and iPhones soon.

We actually encourage it since we're a small nonprofit and everyone already has the Palm Pre! Not sure how that will change with BB and iPhones being added...

mayve no está en línea Stack level 1
    Device passwords, Activation, email and syncing issues (in that order)

BlackBerry 4.1.0 - 4.5.0
    Windows Mobile 6.1 & 6.5

Personally owned devices are not allowed on our network. =)

ramclain no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Mobile device support

PIM Sync issues
    Enterprise Activation Fails
    Blackberry 4.7 & 5.0.
    Not supported.

EpicFX no está en línea Stack level 1
    E-mail connection issues, Syncing issues and activation. Aside from the "um, something isn't working, can you fix it?" :P

Two, most popular is Blackberry 4.5+

We don't support them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast