Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Free App and Personalized Services That Give Cell Phones iPhone Features Plus GPS, Navigation, ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

LifeInPocket Rolls Out BlackBerry Support - Free Download

Advertisement

The Free App and Personalized Services That Give Cell Phones iPhone Features Plus GPS, Navigation, Location Messaging and More Now Work with RIM Devices

Building on the success in the one-billion-units-per-year Java phone market, RoadComm, Inc. today made available its LifeInPocket mobile suite to RIM's BlackBerry smart phones.

Free of charge, LifeInPocket will upgrade BlackBerries with a greater array of functionality than the iPhone. Those features include GPS, navigation, location messaging, friends/family locator, and much more.

With little or no learning curve, no hardware or software to buy, and no binding contracts, LifeInPocket effectively transcends the iPhone.

LifeInPocket offers one of the most advanced turn-by-turn navigation prompts with voice guidance. That modality allows for far-safer, hands-free navigation. Utilizing synced address book and its unique online trip planning tool, LifeInPocket Navigation virtually eliminated the need for typing on tiny keyboards and surpassed those expensive phone navigation services and personal navigation devices available today.

Much more powerful than SMS, parents/friends will find great use in LifeInPocket's Cross-Platform and Cross-Network instant location messaging, family/friends locator and a host of related peace-of-mind and social functions using phones or PCs.

Unlike iPhone's limited sync capability, LifeInPocket enables address book sync/import/export with Yahoo!, Gmail, MSN, Hotmail, Outlook Express, Palm Desktop, etc. Users can one-click on those synced contacts to "call," to "mail" and to "navigate" via their phones.

Besides maps, weather, PIM, traffic report, parking, roadside assistance and WiFi hotspots, LifeInPocket offers a GPS/address-based directory with more than 15 million points of interest (POIs). Not only with the most comprehensive POIs database, LifeInPocket users can view other visitors' reviews and ratings as recent as minutes ago before venturing to unfamiliar restaurants, car repair shops, towing services or other businesses.

The only mobile application/services platform of its kind, LifeInPocket symbolizes the next generation of application and services that offer the power of top-of-the-line smart phones to regular cell phones, and make smart phones smarter.

Download Here

via betanews.com
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 11-25-2008 at 03:25 PM.

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Now that Verizon has released the Storm, you have to throw an App out there that we(VZW customers) can't use.

Shame on you Cherri!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use your mind... Creativity is free!!

Follow me on Twitter

alicepin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3126F0AE
    CAN VZW customer use this app??
    Alice Meikle
    alicemeikle@vzw.blackberry.net
    PIN: 3126F0AE
    Yahoo IM: dormiepar
    google talk:alicemeikle
    twitter: alicejam
    blog: http://dascoop.wordpress.com

NautcaSprt6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Typical. Here is what there site sayd about Verizon, but maybe that is just for the GPS part.
    Im d/ling now.

Only very few phones are not supported Windows Mobile phones with good Java machine are supported, iPhone version will be available later! Verizon phones are not supported.

EDIT: I took the OTA for the Sprint thinking its the same CDMA, but no juice. The download went fine but when you try and run the program nothing happens.

EDIT AGAIN: After a battery pull, I now got it to work. In order to select an Icon, you cannot click the trackball. You have to hover over the icon and press menu then select.
    Last edited by NautcaSprt6; 11-25-2008 at 04:42 PM.
    Check out the Z at www.300CForumZ.com
    Also check out my MySpace at www.MySpace.com/DJBertan

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    It says its 503kb in size, then under that is says insufficient space for application, I have about 11mbs free
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

wahtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    Worked perfectly on my 8310!

Another great find!!! Thnx Cherri!
    WAHTX

“If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG!"

~Bill Gates~

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm trying it from my Bold and it's taking forever to load. Blaaaah. I'll try to get it to run in a little bit. Thanks Cherri.

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    I've installed it on my Sprint 8330 and the app works but I cannot get all the extra personalized items to load. Just have the same basic app no personalized stuff at all. Anyone get it to sync?
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

shockaholick no está en línea Stack level 3
    Will this work on a tmobile 8320 curve? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rafkin no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    I'm trying it from my Bold and it's taking forever to load. Blaaaah. I'll try to get it to run in a little bit. Thanks Cherri.
    I just loaded it on my Bold and it went on fine, working good

Charneus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24372D18
    The only thing I don't really like right now is the fact that you HAVE to use the BB key in order to select anything. You can't use your trackball, which makes things awkward. Hopefully a future edition will allow it. I haven't been able to sync anything or even successfully use GPS, but it may be that I'm in a building that is heavily insulated.

Charneus

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jimazzarella1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24536d42
    do you have to use the dm to download

Charneus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24372D18
    Quote Originally Posted by jimazzarella1 View Post
    do you have to use the dm to download
    No, but I wasn't able to do it through BB browser. I actually had to go through Opera to set up the account then have them send a download link to me. Then I was able to use it.

Charneus

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
    I just loaded it on my Bold and it went on fine, working good
    Lucky you...grr.. still attempting to install.

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    It works fine on my 8330, however nothing will sync. I still have the same content as when I installed. I have done multiple battery pulls, etc still no syncing. I think it will be a great app if it actually starts fully working for me.

And yes, I have checked all permissions.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast