Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Via Roger Collis www.iht.com: "The blackout that forced hundreds of thousands of BlackBerry addicts across ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Learning to live without your BlackBerry. Why would anyone do that!?

Advertisement

Via Roger Collis www.iht.com: "The blackout that forced hundreds of thousands of BlackBerry addicts across the United States and Canada last month into 10 strange and terrible hours of peace from the relentless tide of e-mails was a vicarious foretaste for the estimated eight million BlackBerry owners around the world of what it would be like to go cold turkey.

The fatal attraction of the BlackBerry, or "crackberry," in my opinion is that it is the only gizmo I know that pushes down e-mail (re-directed from up to 10 mailboxes), without the need to log on, in the dead times when the flight is delayed, or when you are sitting around the airport lounge or in a taxi. Every time the thing "groans" in my pocket, I am compelled to pull it out, interrupting a serious discussion, only to find the latest junk message. Telling people you have a BlackBerry is an open invitation for them to reach you at any time anywhere in the world, and it gives you no excuse for ever being out of touch."

Read More

OMEGA46 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e355ab

Re: Learning to live without your BlackBerry. Why would anyone do that!?

This is very true, I have even found myself trying to use a normal device, such as a KRZR, and I feel so disconnected that I HAVE to switch right back to my Pearl. I have used a blackberry since the 6230, and I find it so hard to move on to another device. I am positive after the feeling I had when the blackout occured, and the disconnection from the world, I will always be a Blackberry user!!!! Now that there are rumors of a device with GPS, WiFi, Memory Card slot, Camera, and a full keyboard, all we need next is someone to just do our work!!!!!! Great job Rim, I will be a life long customer!!!!

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

I too am a BB/Crackberry for life!

Angie
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

this is soo funny...im going on a 3 day cruise down to cabo at the end of june and am sooo freaking out that i have to go without! believe me, everytime we port, im whipping my bb out!

has anyone ever felt bb withdrawal? just wondering how painful it is

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

hey cherri remember the blackout and the stacks issue.
    combine them and times ten
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

ouch...

I think that phrase should be banned (live without your BlackBerry) and never be said on pinstack again
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have felt it everytime I have to replace a BB. Also, a few years ago I went on a cruise and had to leave my 7730 because it wouldn't work. Made for a bad week as I really didn't wanna go anyway.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i almost passed out when my Blackberry service was down lol

OMEGA46 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e355ab

While your onboard, you should be able to pick up service off the local islands from a little ways away, my last cruise I didnt even see the island and I had service! (Yes I work up early to check the signal, and no I'm not crazy!!! lol)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA46
    While your onboard, you should be able to pick up service off the local islands from a little ways away, my last cruise I didnt even see the island and I had service! (Yes I work up early to check the signal, and no I'm not crazy!!! lol)
    OMG! YES...someone else told me this too! i thought NO WAY! whoo hoo! no withdrawals

bdgraf no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C1C850

I agree that "live without your blackberry" should be banned, not just from pinstack but all conversation! I recently experienced living without mine for several days due to water damage while waiting for my replacement to be delivered to my house! Whatever happened to devices being replaced in-store???

Traknologist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F916AF

For me it would be impossible, I lost my blackberry before and completely broke down Forget about email and all the other net accessabilty. I can't even function with out a calender, task list, memopad, and dopewars. In the past I've lived with out electricity for days, car broken down in the middle of no where, and on a noodle diet because that was all I could afford, but non of that is worse than living with out my bb.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I don't know if I would like to have someone yakking on the celly while flying. Sure I agree that there are times when you need to be reached (family emergencies, change in flight plans), and I'd use my berry during those times. Now being able to have my BB on to send and receive texts (check up on "The Stack!") is a must. No harm done in texting while in flight...as long it doesn't interfere with the flight systems (anyone see Soul Plane...LOL!!!)

But...I have to agree...I depend on my Berry like I depend on Air, Water & Food!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    ouch...

I think that phrase should be banned (live without your BlackBerry) and never be said on pinstack again
    ooh! This is so on point. Say it loud!

ej_dashed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b0afc6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh please, it would be like driving a car without gas, steering wheel and engine. I saw my boss in complete shambles because he lost his bb in some bar.. Gah hope it doesn't happen to me. Or to anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast