Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ok after the initial rep messed up my account because he failed to revert me ... Smartphone News forum

Mobile Empire no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Ok after the initial rep messed up my account because he failed to revert me back to my grandfathered plan I had to call back. But thats where the good news start. These great plans are for Blackberry and now I have 4 lines and an @home line for under $200. So great plan.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbb10001 View Post
    "Project Dark" or not, if you're feeling like the pricing here is rather steep in general, I thought I'd add a tip for minimizing the monthly bills. I actually work for the consumer advocacy division of the company Validas, where we electronically audit and subsequently reduce the average cell bill by 22 percent through our website, fixmycellbill. com. Put simply, Validas guards against frivolous and unnecessary charges that inflate your cell bill more than it should be for your usage. You can find out for free if fixmycellbill.com can modify your plan to better suit your needs by going to the website.

For more info, check out Validas in the media, most recently on Fox News at myfoxtampabay. com/dpp/consumer/conlaw/lower_cell_phone_bills_072409.

Good luck to everyone reading on lowering your cell bills, particularly in light of this tough economy.

Dylan
    Consumer Advocacy, fixmycellbill.com
    I had seen this before but this time I took advantage of it and got a one time analysis of my wireless activity. I will be saving around $50 or so by switching companies to get a phone I really want soon.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Empire View Post
    Ok after the initial rep messed up my account because he failed to revert me back to my grandfathered plan I had to call back. But thats where the good news start. These great plans are for Blackberry and now I have 4 lines and an @home line for under $200. So great plan.
    Now if it's good for BIS users, I'll definitely have to re-consider.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Mobile Empire no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Now if it's good for BIS users, I'll definitely have to re-consider.
    Yes web plans all include BIS which all my 8900's now have Yaaaay Tmobile.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Called them today and spoke at length with the rep. With the new Even More Plus plans, the first 2 lines share the pooled minutes, have unlimited text/data, but the additional lines ($10 each) only get 200 minutes and unlimited text, not data. However, if you go to the unlimited plan, it's $35 for each additional line and they get all the benefits.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    It sounds like the customer service reps you spoke with were misinformed. All the data plans that are being advertised are for all of T-Mobile's Branded and unbranded SmartPhones. The reps have to remember to add a $0 bolt-on telling the system what device you have so your account can be provisioned correctly. The charge for non-smart phones is a lot less and is based off the Talk & Text plus Lite Web not the Talk & Text & Web. Went through the conference call twice to make sure I had my info correct.

As for the $35 migration fee, that only applies if you are migrating to an even more plus plan and not an even more plan. For those thinking about it, there are a couple of words of warning.
    1. If you are under contract you will still be under contract till the termination of your contract period even though you are switching to a Month to Month plan.
    2. It is Month to Month which means there are no discounted upgrades available (from the mouth of both trainers) EVER.
    3. You can switch from Even More to an Even More Plus plan with no problems but (again from the mouth of both trainers) you may NOT switch from Even More Plus to Even More.

If anyone has any questions concerning this I am more than happy to answer them to my best ability although there are probably some on here that have more details than I do.

Zo

Yes Brian, I did have the new pricing plans but misread them myself. You probably have more info than I do. hehehe.

Zo

I just finished an online chat with a T-Mo rep. I want to switch to the HTC Touch Pro 2 when I upgrade in March 6, 2010. I wanted to do the installment plans and she told me the following would apply:

$35 to migrate to the $59.99 Even More Plus 500 Talk+Text+Web.
    20 Monthly payments 26.99
    First payment 27.18

Is this the case for me?

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    If you want to do a true upgrade (discounts and all that come with it) then you DO NOT want to even talk about the Plus plans. If you don't want a discounted phone and want to be permanently out of contract then yes the info she gave you is accurate (can't confirm the payment options since as an independent dealer we do not have that option).

Zo

Ok I want to keep the option of having a discounted upgrade when the time comes around. I'm looking at the Even More 500 plan to get when I upgrade. Would that work?

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Yes, that one would work.

Zo

Thanks. Time to start saving my pennies now LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123