Two items everyone picks up - in addition to maybe a handbag or briefcase - ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Keychain GPS for your non-GPS BlackBerry - from Freedom Input

Advertisement

Two items everyone picks up - in addition to maybe a handbag or briefcase - are their car keys and thier mobile/cell 'phone.

It is capable of connecting simultaneously to up to up to 51 satellite channels and has a solid working time of 10hrs. Charge it up in your car or at home. Ideal for connecting wirelessly to your BlackBerry using Bluetooth technology.

The device is compatible with all of the wide selection of software packages now available at low cost for direct download onto the handset, including:- The AA, Active Pilot, BlackBerry Maps, CoPilot Live 6, Destinator 6, Gate 5,Google Maps, Mapquest, Memory Map, Navigation Mobile, Navman, Nokia/Smart2Go, Navicor, Route 66, Spot, Telenav, Wayfinder.

[Read More]

needforspd no está en línea Stack level 3
    Interesting concept ... wonder how well it works and could be an alternate for Verizon users whose GPS is locked out on the device and they dont want to pay the $10 for VZNav.
    IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!

Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That genius. Travel in your pocket just like your phone.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    looks good...i have a similar one...holux m1200 thats slightly bigger than a usb thumb drive which works great!

pshift no está en línea Stack level 3
    Slightly smaller than my Holux GPSlim 240 but I like the keychain form factor.

VOK3900 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24B208D3
    This is pretty cool item. I've thinking about when/if the Bold comes out for T-Mobile I would get something like this to give my wife with my old Curve. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    This isnt the first of its kind, so the real question is what kind of GPS receiver is embedded in this thing. If it's the SiRFstar III then you can pretty much rest assured it will work in your pocket whenever you need it after a quick satellite sync. If it's anything less, like often what is integrated into your phone, you could end up having to keep your keys on the dash just to get any signal at all.

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    well since keys go in your pocket, it would assumed that the techs who made the device made it strong enought to work in your pocket
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Techs taking into consideration for real world application? lol that will be the day
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

SpiceMan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

External GPS for VZW Curve?

pshift,

Are you currently using an external GPS with your 8330? If so, are you using it with Google Maps? Any other applications?

mrpg no está en línea Stack level 1
    Check the Visiontac VGPS-700 aslo, its pretty small, slightly thinner but heavier and boasts 8-12 hours operation time.

Spec on this;
    Size:
    46 x 32 x 14.5 mm. (1.81 x 1.26 x 0.58 ins.
    )
    Weight:
    22gms. 0.77 ozs.

Spec on Visiontac;
    Size:
    53x 32 x 13.9 mm. (2.1 x 1.2 x 0.5 ins.
    )
    Weight:
    33gms.
    Last edited by mrpg; 06-13-2008 at 02:59 AM.

Kefka no está en línea Stack level 1
    if you download a gps app for your BB does it charge your phone (im assuming so but you never know)

rrife no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by needforspd View Post
    Interesting concept ... wonder how well it works and could be an alternate for Verizon users whose GPS is locked out on the device and they dont want to pay the $10 for VZNav.
    I'd pay anything that would discourage Verizon from locking out features and forcing users to use their software.