Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Download Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0 Details: Research In Motion and Yahoo! Inc. have expanded ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Just in! - RIM and Yahoo! Bring Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0 to BlackBerry

Advertisement

Download Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0

Details: Research In Motion and Yahoo! Inc. have expanded their strategic global alliance to bring Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0 to millions of BlackBerry users around the world. Starting today, users worldwide can download and enjoy the beta version of Yahoo! Go 2.0 on select handsets including the BlackBerry 8700 Series, BlackBerry 7130 Series and BlackBerry Pearl. The companies also plan to make Yahoo! Go 2.0 available for future BlackBerry handsets and develop even tighter integration between it and the BlackBerry platform.

"Our relationship with Yahoo! continues to grow and to benefit mobile users that want to access Yahoo!'s popular services via the industry leading BlackBerry platform," said Jim Balsillie, chairman and co-CEO at Research In Motion. "Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger on BlackBerry handsets deliver an exceptional experience that is representative of our strong relationship. We are pleased to be working with Yahoo! to bring new services through Yahoo! Go 2.0 to BlackBerry users around the world."

RIM and Yahoo! first announced their relationship to bring Yahoo!'s innovative services to BlackBerry users in early 2005. Since then, the companies have launched several Yahoo! services including Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! Messenger and Yahoo! Search.

"We have optimized Yahoo! Go 2.0 for BlackBerry and believe we have created an unmatched mobile Internet experience on their handsets," said Marco Boerries, senior vice president of connected life, Yahoo!. "Together, Yahoo! and RIM have already successfully launched Yahoo! services to BlackBerry users through more than 120 mobile operators in almost 60 countries, and with today's launch we are continuing to make it easy for people to stay connected to what's important to them."

Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0 is an innovative new application that redefines the mobile Internet experience for users through a unique product design, ability to personalize with content from the entire Internet and a reinvention of mobile search. Key features of Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0 for BlackBerry users include:

- Search reinvented for mobile users - oneSearch recognizes the intent of a search term and presents relevant content - not just a list of web links to PC sites - on the results page. Results are grouped by subject making it easy to read through and drill down to get more details.

- Be local, no matter where you are(1) - The Local & Maps widget gives users quick access to comprehensive local directory information for businesses across the US, enhanced with ratings and reviews from the millions-strong Yahoo! community. Interactive maps, driving directions and real time traffic updates help users find their way.

- Rich, highly personalizable content from millions of sources to keep users connected - Current headlines and a breaking news ticker in the News, Sports, Entertainment, Weather and Finance widgets keep consumers connected to the information that matters to them. Each widget also includes a "command center" where consumers can access more articles, use watchlists to track topics of interest - from sports teams to stocks to celebrities - or add new content from the millions of sources on the Web that publish in RSS.

- Photo sharing keeps consumers connected to their community - The Flickr widget integrates one of the Web's most innovative and prolific photo-sharing communities, making it easy for BlackBerry users to easily access photos, view their friends' pictures and browse or search the millions of images posted by the Flickr community.

RIM and Yahoo! are also continuing to work together to bring other Yahoo! services to BlackBerry handsets, as well as further enhance the user experience of Yahoo! Mail.

Consumers around the world can get more information on or download the beta version of Yahoo! Go 2.0 for BlackBerry handsets beginning today by visiting http://go.yahoo.com.

Screen Shots

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Re: Just in! - RIM and Yahoo! Bring Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0 to BlackBerry

Hmmm
    Sounds cool. Can't wait for it to be up and running
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Yes me too! Just tried to dl it, and its not up yet. I'll have to check back later.

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Not yet up at 8:00am CST. I"m eager to try this out.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Good to see a company of Yahoo's scale recognizing the importance and value of the mobile market. Both on the consumer and business end (aka pocket pc and blackberry respectivily).

Think AOL will follow Yahoo's lead and offer a stable version of AIM for portable devices???

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I think a lot of us are waiting to try this out. I too will keep an eye to see when this is available for download.

junoreactor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2486B0D9

I just downloaded the software! You can find it by going to site.mobile.yahoo.com. There is a link at the bottom that will take you to the actually download. Going to try this baby out!

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Thanks for the info Junoreactor downloading software as I type!

PIN/ID
    ask

link above now live. Type go.yahoo.com via BB then scroll down and select "Get Y! Go" almost 600kb download

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thanks Hayden. Trying now.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

So far this software is REALLY nice! I can even read the local news for my town, it links you right to the newspaper articles. COOL!

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

Went to the site and it said that the beta is already full but you can enter in your phone number and they will text message you when it is ready

Jbaveja no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E50628

Thumbs down Re: Just in! - RIM and Yahoo! Bring Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0 to BlackBerry

Hey guys,
    I haven't logged into Pinstack in SO long!! I have a Pearl now.. just tried to access the site and get Y! Go... but now it says that "Due to High demand, the BETA is currently full" They will inform me when space opens up.. Well.. if anyone finds the download elsewhere.. pls post!!

PIN/ID
    ask

Impressive software! I'll post screen shots later if I get the chance or someone else hasn't beaten me to it.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

looks good
    i like it
    google needs something like this now

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast