This is HUGH news from RIM, received just minutes ago! Now SMB users can benefit ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Just in: RIM Announces Hosted BlackBerry Enterprise Server!

Advertisement

This is HUGH news from RIM, received just minutes ago! Now SMB users can benefit from BES without the need of extensive hardware and software investments!

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(July 6, 2006) - Organizations looking for a secure mobility solution without requiring internal IT resources, will now have the gold-standard in wireless as an offering from hosting service providers. Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) today announced availability of Hosted BlackBerry Enterprise Server(TM), new software that enables service providers to offer a hosted, managed service of the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution(TM). Hosted BlackBerry Enterprise Server incorporates complete security, reliability, IT policy controls, compliance, and mobile application platform features for small and medium size businesses (SMBs).

Hosted BlackBerry Enterprise Server supports all the major enterprise email environments, providing tight integration with Microsoft(R) Exchange, IBM Lotus(R) Domino(R) and Novell(R) GroupWise(R), to give end users the benefits of secure wireless access to their business email with attachment viewing, access to enterprise instant messaging (with auditing for compliance), web browsing, synchronized wireless calendar, contacts and tasks, as well as the ability to access company intranet and other business applications.

"In today's fast-paced, competitive environment mobile connectivity is an essential business requirement, but many smaller organizations are looking for outsourced solutions," said Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO at RIM. "Hosted BlackBerry Enterprise Server will allow providers to address the SMB market with BlackBerry, the industry standard in mobility."

For the hosting service provider, Hosted BlackBerry Enterprise Server provides the flexibility and IT policy controls to offer the same level of BlackBerry(R) functionality enjoyed by larger enterprises as a solution tailored to the needs of a smaller sized business that need or prefer a hosted solution. The solution also allows the provider to host a wide range of mobile applications that can be run on BlackBerry devices via BlackBerry Mobile Data System(TM) (MDS).

"Many small and medium sized businesses utilize outsourced email solutions and employees of this group tend to also be among the most mobile in the marketplace," said Stephen Drake, Program Director for IDC's Mobile Software service. "Expanding their hosted email and application services with a wireless offering to their existing business customers is a natural extension for many hosting service providers to quickly realize increased revenue, decreased customer acquisition costs, and improved customer retention. For wireless carriers, offering hosted services builds on existing data network and business offerings, leading to increased data usage on their networks and new expanded target market segments."

For more information visit www.blackberry.com/go/hosted.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Just in: RIM Announces Hosted BlackBerry Enterprise Server!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Chris,
    I used to have exchangemymail.com host my bes, until I got on my compant bes. Great customer service/support. It was just great wirelessly syncing tasks/calendar/contacts. I think there was a 10% discount at one point. So it cost me like $18 a month and $39 to setup. Its worth it for the syncing alone.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Cool todd, thanks for the response. I was looking over exchangemymail and I saw $9.99/month for 1 mailbox, and thats pretty good I think. I have no need for a Hosted BES but Im just curious who has them and if they like them.

wde3h no está en línea Stack level 1

This is great news thanks for the posting, this should help RIM get back on track. I will look into this more as things come out.