Apple customers: "iPhone perfect but we want replaceable battery!!" Apple’s iPhone took first place in ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

JDP Survey: Apple Tops Rivals in "Smartphone" Customer Satisfaction

Advertisement

Apple customers: "iPhone perfect but we want replaceable battery!!"

Apple’s iPhone took first place in J.D. Power’s 2009 smartphone consumer satisfaction survey released Thursday.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Let's see people really happy with the one and only Iphone which does not have a replaceable battery. RIM has so many different models, which one wa compared
    Trouble is we are not comparing Apple's with Apples . People that want an Iphone choose it, a lot of RIM's customers are given their phone by their company, so they may not be using their ideal blackberry.

I am really happy with my Bold!!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by dushdavj; 05-02-2009 at 01:12 AM.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Good for them (and I'm not being sarcastic here).

But that battery issue not only their with phones, but on their Ipods is really an inconvenience. I cannot imagine having a product that I could not easily fix without having to send it in for service.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Let's see people really happy with the one and only Iphone which does not have a replaceable battery. RIM has so many different models, which one wa compared
    Trouble is we are not comparing Apple's with Apples . People that want an Iphone choose it, a lot of RIM's customers are given their phone by their company, so they may not be using their ideal blackberry.

I am really happy with my Bold!!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    the only reason RIM has so many phones is because none of them dominate like the iPhone. this survey just solidifies that fact. there is ONE iphone, against a gang variety of blackberries, yet the one and only iphone with a "non-replaceable battery" (8 dollars online if you're willing to light up your mind once in a while and figure out how to install it yourself) sits atop.

i used to be a blackberry user. i know all the excuses to defend a blackberry. the truth of the matter is.. it just doesn't have "it".
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    now that i look at this even more, RIM is even under samsung, lg, and htc (all of which have replaceable batteries). what now..?
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The fact that they are so far down that list and just barely above Palm should definitely be a concern to RIM. That said, I still love my BlackBerry. But also I took the initiative to find this forum and really learn about my device. I learned how to work around the issues that plague the average user like low memory and self deleting messages. I became comfortable with changing my own trackball when they start acting up or jut look dirty.

Most people just get frustrated and return them for new device after new device and don't want to learn to jump through hoops and have daily routines to "fix" their phones. They just want phones that work.

I have come to appreciate the features and capabilities of BlackBerry but seriously am considering jumping to a new platform for my next upgrade. I can tell you that it must be one where I can easily swap the battery during the day if needed so the iPhone will not be a choice for me.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    The iphone is a great phone, just not if you like to multi task... The fact that you can't truly run multiple processes at the same time like on a blackberry is a killer for me. Not to mention apple is the be all end all when it comes to what apps you can put on your phone without jailbreaking it. This is coming from a macbook user. I like the pretty UI and the bells and whistles, but it still lacks BASIC functionality because Apple cripples it. But I can see this survey being true, as most iphone users don't even want a true smartphone (windows mobile, android or blackberry). It has been said before, but when it comes down to it, the iphone is a toy and not a serious communication device. Its obvious in the design of the hardware and software that the phone functionality and messaging functionality is secondary to the multimedia (ipod) functionality and wow factor... I have no problem with this, its just not the phone for me. And by no means is RIM infallible either, there are plenty of things that I would love to see RIM incorporate into future blackberries and OSes (better browser for starters), and I'm glad that Apple is really putting pressure on other phone companies to step up their game, because in the end all of us consumers win.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I tend to agree ^^ with most of those thoughts except it "not a serious communication device". This is subjective b/c any 20 or 30 yr old person sees their communication just as important as say any CEO of a Fortune 500 company. So to say or think the iPhone is not a serious communication device does not hold weight with me. How I communicate is just as important as anyone else. So that brings us to the "Class war debate". I refuse to even go there b/c it's just wrong.

So I feel we all communicate differently and all are equal in that it's communication. Therefore looking at the raw data tells a story and can help when looking into the future.

I have a question to ask? How long did it take RIM to become the norm or a standard in the corporate world?
    Let's give Apple the same amount of time to do the same before we all decide on who's making an impact on the world and who makes the most prefered communication device.

my $0.02

taynepope no está en línea Stack level 2
    Amen to that. !
    Quote Originally Posted by zantopad View Post
    The iphone is a great phone, just not if you like to multi task... The fact that you can't truly run multiple processes at the same time like on a blackberry is a killer for me. Not to mention apple is the be all end all when it comes to what apps you can put on your phone without jailbreaking it. This is coming from a macbook user. I like the pretty UI and the bells and whistles, but it still lacks BASIC functionality because Apple cripples it. But I can see this survey being true, as most iphone users don't even want a true smartphone (windows mobile, android or blackberry). It has been said before, but when it comes down to it, the iphone is a toy and not a serious communication device. Its obvious in the design of the hardware and software that the phone functionality and messaging functionality is secondary to the multimedia (ipod) functionality and wow factor... I have no problem with this, its just not the phone for me. And by no means is RIM infallible either, there are plenty of things that I would love to see RIM incorporate into future blackberries and OSes (better browser for starters), and I'm glad that Apple is really putting pressure on other phone companies to step up their game, because in the end all of us consumers win.

taynepope no está en línea Stack level 2
    You make a compelling point regarding the communication issue. We have been bb users since 2005 and we are at the end of our Tmo contract and courting other providers who can give us a signal in suburban San Antonio.

I have been comparing the iphone and storm over the last few weeks and the functionality of the iphones shines ( i reluctantly admit this). However, this is Apple's 2nd or 3rd iteration of the iphone, so as one stacker stated earlier, " let's compare apples with apples.

With that being said, we have experimented with the iphone at our local Apple store and find it quite engaging but I feel like an adultress for considering it over the storm. The storms i have toyed with in VZW stores are lackin the speed that the iphone has.

I feel conflicted. to add to that local VZW workers say that haven't heard of a new storm coming in September. What!!!????? Haven't heard???? Anyway, it's that type of nonsense that is making me want to give the iphone another look.
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I tend to agree ^^ with most of those thoughts except it "not a serious communication device". This is subjective b/c any 20 or 30 yr old person sees their communication just as important as say any CEO of a Fortune 500 company. So to say or think the iPhone is not a serious communication device does not hold weight with me. How I communicate is just as important as anyone else. So that brings us to the "Class war debate". I refuse to even go there b/c it's just wrong.

So I feel we all communicate differently and all are equal in that it's communication. Therefore looking at the raw data tells a story and can help when looking into the future.

I have a question to ask? How long did it take RIM to become the norm or a standard in the corporate world?
    Let's give Apple the same amount of time to do the same before we all decide on who's making an impact on the world and who makes the most prefered communication device.

my $0.02

PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^^ Not to get off topic but I had the iPhone3G for several months then switched to the Bold and loved it. The Bold is a great phone. Anyway When the Storm came out the first time I used one i laughed out loud and thought to myself, what is RIM thinking? to this day I do not understand? If your a person who wants a BB and a touch screen the Storm is without a doubt a great phone for you.
    If your a person who has used any other touch screen in the past I don't think you will like the Storm. It will be obvious to you early on after using it.

I'm back on the iPhone3G again and will probably be staying. It has so much more of a future. Since the first Pearl was introduced the RIM OS has not really changed. Sure icons may look different but it still navigates the same thought out.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    The battery issue is the biggest thing I don't like about the Apple products so that includes the I Pods. I've only owned one touch screen device and I can say it didn't do anything for me so thats not a big selling point. Blackberry needs to decide what they want to make and stick to just a couple of devices like the curve and pearl. With so many out there they have too many little problems with each device. They need to make a good dependable device that works everytime without rebooting. Right now blackberry user are wanting the newest device but with the way RIM is putting them out we are afraid to go out a get the newest one because it seems like a month later a newer one will be out. Problem is it only does maybe one thing the new one last month didn't do. I could have upgraded from my 8310 a couple of months ago but wanted to wait and see what is next so maybe my whole post is just my view but I think if I get the latest and greatest BB out there now it will be old in just a few weeks to a month. Maybe marketing tells RIM you have to make all these changes but the people that have had BB's for years really want a device that works all the time.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    The battery issue is the biggest thing I don't like about the Apple products so that includes the I Pods. I've only owned one touch screen device and I can say it didn't do anything for me so thats not a big selling point. Blackberry needs to decide what they want to make and stick to just a couple of devices like the curve and pearl. With so many out there they have too many little problems with each device. They need to make a good dependable device that works everytime without rebooting. Right now blackberry user are wanting the newest device but with the way RIM is putting them out we are afraid to go out a get the newest one because it seems like a month later a newer one will be out. Problem is it only does maybe one thing the new one last month didn't do. I could have upgraded from my 8310 a couple of months ago but wanted to wait and see what is next so maybe my whole post is just my view but I think if I get the latest and greatest BB out there now it will be old in just a few weeks to a month. Maybe marketing tells RIM you have to make all these changes but the people that have had BB's for years really want a device that works all the time.
    This is another interesting topic and I've always wondered about that effect. Apple does only make one device and only have one OS which makes it much easier for everyone to follow and ultimately use. I wish I could find that other thread where it was discussed and link to it. There was some great points made highlighting the two different business plans. There are how many different models of BB's? How many different official OS's for each one? After awhile it can be confusing even for many well schooled power users. I've never understood the thinking behind that either.

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sorry about the venting earlier. It just seems that a large majority of people (who aren't on the stacks lol) will defend their iphone OR blackberry into absurdity, when in reality neither phone is anywhere near perfect. It seems you can't get everything you want in a phone these days, even with all of the phones that are out there right now. You always have to make some sort of compromise, whether it be the gloss and polish of the iphone UI that is missing from the blackberry, or the lack of serious multi tasking ability or removable battery of the iphone for example... This even extends to the carriers. I love Verizon coverage but they are the most expensive carrier flat out, and the only good phones they have are blackberries. AT&T and Tmo may be cheaper and they have (for the most part) a much broader slection of phones, but their coverage (especially AT&T in my area) is just abysmal, even around a large metropolitan area. And all of these variables (coverage, prices, phones) are constantly changing, so who knows what the future holds, but as it stands now, you really have to decide what you want to compromise on to get the right phone for you. Because no single phone currently can do everything... I can only hope as I said before that Apple and RIM and Google (and Microsoft and Nokia), as the leaders of the smartphone world, continue to try to build a better phone than the other guy and the competition will give us all better phones, regardless of who we choose in the end. (my 200,000,000 cents lol)