Your phone just got smarter ... iSkoot, a mobile software pioneer known for groundbreaking Internet ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

iSkoot Brings Real-Time Twitter to Consumer Handsets

Advertisement

Your phone just got smarter ...

iSkoot, a mobile software pioneer known for groundbreaking Internet calling solutions, today announced the launch of Kalaida, a new platform for carrier partners around the world that empowers a wide range of mobile handsets with new capabilities including full-time, real-time connection to social networks, personal e-mail, instant messaging, and news feeds.

Kalaida concentrates processing in the network, allowing multiple services to run on the handset at once and bringing the mobile experience closer to what users expect: immediate, single sign-in connection to the services they care about most. The platform currently supports Facebook along with leading e-mail, IM, and news services, and is rapidly extensible to support regional preferences and add new services as quickly as Internet users embrace them.

Running on the simple handsets most consumers still use, the thin Kalaida mobile client offers real-time notification of new mail, chat sessions, social network activity, and news items, even while users compose messages, check status updates, and chat with friends. All services are delivered over available data connections, without requiring 3G or WiFi for optimal performance.

"Twitter is a dynamic and engaged community that's both online and mobile. We're excited to make it easier for all people to participate in the Twitter conversation wherever they go, no matter what type of phone they have," said iSkoot Senior Director of Product Management John Beckmann. "We've started with something simple, but will be adding new features soon and supporting more handsets, including BlackBerry."

Other services enabled on the Kalaida platform include full-time, real-time connection to social networks, personal e-mail, instant messaging, and leading news, sports, and entertainment feeds. Kalaida delivers a full spectrum of Internet services to a single live screen on the handset, eliminating the need for users to open a browser or application to access one service at a time. All services are delivered over available data connections, without requiring 3G or WiFi for optimal performance.

The iSkoot Kalaida platform currently supports a broad range of handsets from leading manufacturers including LG, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, and SonyEricsson, with more to be announced throughout 2009.

[read more]

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Have to take a look, my middle name is Beta. Mahalo there Cherri
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm still looking for a great Twitter client for Blackberry, been using TinyTwitter and Twibble but each seems to be lacking something. I've tried others as well, but have yet to find one I'm crazy about.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have to give this on a shot. TinyTwitter sucks for me.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Hmm, interesting.......could be nice to have IM apps, social networking, and more all connected in one app. I wonder how it will compare feature wise against the apps we already have for the BB. And with RSS feeds as well......it has the potential to replace quite a few apps I use and condense them into one. I wonder if it will be free or clogged up by ads............I will give it a spin once a BB version comes out.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I can't login. So don't know how this program operates. And my the message count and time spacing not to many others have a comment on this application.
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I logged finally using the right username. Where is the Twitter?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMile View Post
    I'm still looking for a great Twitter client for Blackberry, been using TinyTwitter and Twibble but each seems to be lacking something. I've tried others as well, but have yet to find one I'm crazy about.
    TwitterBerry perhaps? Worked great on my Curve and currently on my Storm...
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    this looks awesome super intrested
    Never give up...you can always make a difference