Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

my husband and i constantly go back and forth as he recently went with the ... Smartphone News forum

tilga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2489CB83

Advertisement

my husband and i constantly go back and forth as he recently went with the iphone after 2 years with his BB Curve (8300). i have no idea how i've remained married to such a traitor... *sigh*
    and, now, after i've upgraded my OS and shown him a few more things the BB has (that he just didn't take the time to look into), i'm hoping he sees the error of his ways...

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    haha everyone comes around like it was said
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    Two of my family members own iphones. A 3G and a 1st gen iphone, so I definitely have had time to play with Apple's touch screen on more than one occasion. Always fun, interesting and intuitive to use, as well as a seemingly well built and shiny in an aesthetically pleasing way, the iphone is very charming. I can imagine that the initial excitement of owning such a nice looking touchscreen web-phone would vanish quickly after a few days. I say this because whenever I use the iphone it seems slower and less efficient than my Blackberry. On the iphone I need to use both hands, and while the OS is great and all (with a top-notch web browsing experience), it seems like the navigation between menus and applications takes a lot longer than it does on my Berries. Having to slide the phone lock across the screen every time before using the iphone contributes to the whole experience of making it seem so much SLOWER than my Blackberries.

The layout of buttons, shortcuts, scroll ball, and 2 assignable convenience keys make my Blackberry much easier to navigate through the menues and apps than on the iphones I have mingled with.
    In my opinion, being able to have multiple applications open and the ability to quickly and effortlessly jump from one to the other makes the user experience of the blackberry much more enjoyable and efficient than the iphone (at least for me anyway). Plus I can easily use my Blackberry with just ONE HAND. BB owns the iphone in this area hands down (or hand down).

While Apple's app store is a great thing, I think if I wanted a portable device like the iphone which has it's huge variety of applications, I would rather go for something with a slightly larger screen and footprint. Maybe something like that Archos 5 incher with built-in cell radios, wifi and gps. Now that would be something worth looking into if used primarily for entertainment and for mobile apps. But as far as a mobile communications device, I would much prefer one that functioned as a useful, fast, and efficient tool before being concerned with its aesthetic qualities and unique "innovative" fun/form-factor.
    I forget my source, but one writer in the mobile device community stated that--because of some of the reasons you listed--the iPhone is more of a "do what you have to while stopped phone" and the BlackBerry is a " do what you must while in motion phone." The philosophy of use regarding the BlackBerry makes it more of an on the go phone.
    "Who Dares Wins"

MPM01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249D8977
    iPhone can never go corporate the way Blackberry has. MobileMe was a bauched launch with a severely bugged application. It will never have the same support BB buisness from consumers or Apple. Corporate is what keeps BB on top. Sad fact is they loose the war to Nokia who sells 3 times Apple and BB combined

NAPPYDREADZ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249F0C9E
    IM DEBATING BETWEEN UPGRADING TO AN IPHONE FROM MY BOLD 9700, LOOKING FOR SOME COMMENTS AND HELP TO SIDE WITH MY DECISION. CAN ANYONE HELP OR ENCOURAGE TO STAY WITH MY BB OR TAKE A STEP OVER TO THE OTHER SIDE. LOOKING FOR PROS & CONS. PLEASE HELP "THE UNDECIDED" :0(
    “Nothing is too much trouble for love.”
    Desmond Tutu, Civil Rights Leader

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Well, you asked so.......................here goes. First of all let me start by saying I think BlackBerries are great phones. Ive been a long time user-5+ years, and had almost every GSM model RIM has produced to date. They have all served me well. They are rock solid, and as we all know the emailing capabilities are the best in the smartphone industry. That being said, I started wanting to try a different device. I had resisted an iPhone for a few years, but when Apple started leaking specs of the i4, it caught my eye. As the release date grew closer, I began to really get interested by the hands on reviews on various sources and decided to get one. For me, I could not be more pleased with my decision. The UI has to be tops in the industry, its so powerful and smooth. The screen is outstanding, and really the attributes are too numerous to list. I suggest you read the specs of the i4 and compare it and the reviews to the 9700 and decide for yourself. I came from a 9700, and it was my favorite phone......until now. I will say though, if I didnt have this i4, I would go back to the 9700. In the end, try both if possible and get the one that suits YOUR needs/wants. Good luck my friend.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    How 'bout tryin' out a Torch, nappy? I've got one for sale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12