Brisk sales of Apple's iPhone have catapulted it to the No. 2 position in so-called ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

iPhone passes Blackberry in 3Q sales

Advertisement

Brisk sales of Apple's iPhone have catapulted it to the No. 2 position in so-called smart phone sales, jumping ahead of the Blackberry, industry analysts say. With huge initial sales of the iPhone 3G, which came out in July, and its expansion into more countries outside the United States, Apple shipped 6.9 million iPhones in the third quarter, surpassing Blackberry's 6.1 million in sales, Information Week reported Saturday.

Apple's 17.3 percent worldwide market share boosted it above Blackberry, made by Research in Motion, or RIM, which recorded a 15.3 percent share. The No. 1 smart phone maker remained Nokia with 18.9 percent of the third-quarter market.

[Read More]

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    6.9 and 6.1 isn't that bad.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

macmood no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    That's very interesting and suprising. But RIM and/or AT&T should have priced down the Bold 9000 to match prices with the iPhone. I know many people who went to the iPhone legitimately because it was an inexpensive upgrade (the 3g model that is)
    I went ahead and bought the bold as much as I felt bad coughing up all that money but it was surely worth it. Many are holding back from purchasing the Bold because of that. All in all, RIM needs to come out with a cheap EVOLUTIONARY phone to end it all. We've seen BlackBerry Curves and Pearls marked down fairly low, now we must see those same prices apply to higher end phones from RIM
    ~
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    It isn't bad, but it is very silly that Apple is beating RIM
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    All good things must come to an end.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Very silly indeed. Hopefully the new devices that RIM is set to bring out in the coming year gives them back the number one spot!

PIN/ID
    Good things do come to the end. But we've all seen Apple in the past years and it is given that this is their real moment of fame through out all of their innovative products including the iPhone and MacBook. We must keep in mind how far RIM has moved along in their phones evolution. We need to think less than 5 years back where these were strictly push email devices and nothing else. Blackberrys have evolved rather rapid and I am confident that they will have some sort of comeback with another phone such as the Storm. Time will tell but I am definitely without a doubt a life customer.

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    omg... this is not a good year for blackberry...=( but im still sticking with this phone =D

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    This is PRE-BOLD, PRE-Flip, and storm, thats probably why!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4
    You need to understans the business behind these numbers.

A) Apple starved the market in previous quarters by ending production of the original iPhone. So if you compare RIM's sales during that period you'd be amazed at how soundly RIM trounced the iPhone.

B) AT&T has an exclusive with the iPhone and needs to meet their quota. How better to do this than in the period when the iPhone 3G is released to not also release its biggest competitor--the RIM Bold. Verizon Blackberry customers are waiting and not purchasing any new Blackberries while they salivate over all the Vodaphone and Verizon videos/events/ads/etc.

No wonder Apple is beating RIM this quarter. I expect next quarter when the Bold results become available and the Storm sales are also counted we'll see RIM blew past Apple without blinking.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    This is PRE-BOLD, PRE-Flip, and storm, thats probably why!
    Ditto, lets wait and see what happens when RIM releases all these new ones.