Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42

I still don't understand why people are going back and forth over the iPhone vs ... Smartphone News forum

  1. #31
    evilhomer's Avatar
    evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    PIN/ID
    24063991
    Posts
    136

    Re: IPhone Battery Change $90.00

    Advertisement



    I still don't understand why people are going back and forth over the iPhone vs Blackberry issue. So the battery cost $90. If money is an issue with you, you aren't likely going to own an iPhone or any Apple product. Newsflash: Apple hardware is expensive. However, so are BMW's, Louis Vuitton handbags, Playstation 3's, etc. High end, quality products are expensive to buy and usually expensive to maintain. But they are worth it to those with the means. I'm not rich, but I do enjoy a good living and don't mind paying a few dollars more for the "finer" things that I can afford. I'm not a "designer name" freak. I wouldn't buy Apple if they made a mediocer product; but they don't. They make the finest computer hardware available.

    The iPhone is not perfect. But neither is the Blackberry. None of them are. Blackberry batteries are cheaper and easy to replace. If that's what you need, why waste time whining about a product that admits upfront that the battery is not removable? If you were shocked by that fact then you don't pay attention very well. Why does every new device that is released have to be touted as an "X" killer? The iPhone isn't a Blackberry killer. Any idiot can see that. So why spend your time picking at things you don't like about a product that you aren't interested in buying any way?

    Like it or not, the iPhone is an amazing peice of technology and I would think that anyone would appreciate what Apple's done with this device. It's a first gen device that's been out about a week. Sure it has limitations. Sure it need improvment. But any gadget lover must appreciate what a break through it's technology really is. I remember Treo's not having removable batteries until the 650 series but that didn't seem to hinder sales nor it's fan base.

    I mean no offense by this statement and realize that this is a Blackberry forum BUT: I think that some of you aren't really technology enthuisists but merely BLACKBERRY enthusists and will find a reason to bad mouth anything that's NOT a RIM product.

    Flame away but I am a lover of Blackberry AND Apple products. I think there is room and marketshare in this world for both.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

  2. #32
    thbassman's Avatar
    thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Posts
    10,235

    Re: IPhone Battery Change $90.00

    You said a mouthful homer! This is a BB forum. It's nice to compare, but I'm with you, we shouldn't bash anything, just b/c it's not a BB. I love my pearl. I am definitely a crackberry addict, BUT to each his own!

  3. #33
    Toddboy71's Avatar
    Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Posts
    2,384
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    I still don't understand why people are going back and forth over the iPhone vs Blackberry issue. So the battery cost $90. If money is an issue with you, you aren't likely going to own an iPhone or any Apple product. Newsflash: Apple hardware is expensive. However, so are BMW's, Louis Vuitton handbags, Playstation 3's, etc. High end, quality products are expensive to buy and usually expensive to maintain. But they are worth it to those with the means. I'm not rich, but I do enjoy a good living and don't mind paying a few dollars more for the "finer" things that I can afford. I'm not a "designer name" freak. I wouldn't buy Apple if they made a mediocer product; but they don't. They make the finest computer hardware available.

    The iPhone is not perfect. But neither is the Blackberry. None of them are. Blackberry batteries are cheaper and easy to replace. If that's what you need, why waste time whining about a product that admits upfront that the battery is not removable? If you were shocked by that fact then you don't pay attention very well. Why does every new device that is released have to be touted as an "X" killer? The iPhone isn't a Blackberry killer. Any idiot can see that. So why spend your time picking at things you don't like about a product that you aren't interested in buying any way?

    Like it or not, the iPhone is an amazing peice of technology and I would think that anyone would appreciate what Apple's done with this device. It's a first gen device that's been out about a week. Sure it has limitations. Sure it need improvment. But any gadget lover must appreciate what a break through it's technology really is. I remember Treo's not having removable batteries until the 650 series but that didn't seem to hinder sales nor it's fan base.

    I mean no offense by this statement and realize that this is a Blackberry forum BUT: I think that some of you aren't really technology enthuisists but merely BLACKBERRY enthusists and will find a reason to bad mouth anything that's NOT a RIM product.

    Flame away but I am a lover of Blackberry AND Apple products. I think there is room and marketshare in this world for both.
    Apparently I better call my broker and tell him to buy the crap outta DBL (Duff Beer Lmtd) lol

    On a serious note, point well taken. Apple makes great products. But after playing with it for a couple hours I think its a nice device. Not necessarily "breakthrough technology" in my mind. Browser format is cool, but on edge is kind of like putting flat tires on a Ferrari.
    I think this device has real potential, but when the 2nd and 3rd generations come out, RIM will be releasing their next lines of 81xx, 83xx, 88xx and then OS 5.0 with 9xxx series' devices. I imagine they will compare equally or maybe even favorably. As you say, there is market share for both.

  4. #34
    Toddboy71's Avatar
    Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Posts
    2,384
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    I still don't understand why people are going back and forth over the iPhone vs Blackberry issue. So the battery cost $90. If money is an issue with you, you aren't likely going to own an iPhone or any Apple product. Newsflash: Apple hardware is expensive. However, so are BMW's, Louis Vuitton handbags, Playstation 3's, etc. High end, quality products are expensive to buy and usually expensive to maintain. But they are worth it to those with the means. I'm not rich, but I do enjoy a good living and don't mind paying a few dollars more for the "finer" things that I can afford. I'm not a "designer name" freak. I wouldn't buy Apple if they made a mediocer product; but they don't. They make the finest computer hardware available.

    The iPhone is not perfect. But neither is the Blackberry. None of them are. Blackberry batteries are cheaper and easy to replace. If that's what you need, why waste time whining about a product that admits upfront that the battery is not removable? If you were shocked by that fact then you don't pay attention very well. Why does every new device that is released have to be touted as an "X" killer? The iPhone isn't a Blackberry killer. Any idiot can see that. So why spend your time picking at things you don't like about a product that you aren't interested in buying any way?

    Like it or not, the iPhone is an amazing peice of technology and I would think that anyone would appreciate what Apple's done with this device. It's a first gen device that's been out about a week. Sure it has limitations. Sure it need improvment. But any gadget lover must appreciate what a break through it's technology really is. I remember Treo's not having removable batteries until the 650 series but that didn't seem to hinder sales nor it's fan base.

    I mean no offense by this statement and realize that this is a Blackberry forum BUT: I think that some of you aren't really technology enthuisists but merely BLACKBERRY enthusists and will find a reason to bad mouth anything that's NOT a RIM product.

    Flame away but I am a lover of Blackberry AND Apple products. I think there is room and marketshare in this world for both.
    Apparently I better call my broker and tell him to buy the crap outta DBL (Duff Beer Lmtd) lol

    On a serious note, point well taken. Apple makes great products. But after playing with it for a couple hours I think its a nice device. Not necessarily "breakthrough technology" in my mind. Browser format is cool, but on edge is kind of like putting flat tires on a Ferrari.
    I think this device has real potential, but when the 2nd and 3rd generations come out, RIM will be releasing their next lines of 81xx, 83xx, 88xx and then OS 5.0 with 9xxx series' devices. I imagine they will compare equally or maybe even favorably. As you say, there is market share for both. And I consider myself a gadget freak.

  5. #35
    Lowrider's Avatar
    Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Posts
    1,418

    Thumbs down Re: IPhone Battery Change $90.00

    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    I still don't understand why people are going back and forth over the iPhone vs Blackberry issue. So the battery cost $90. If money is an issue with you, you aren't likely going to own an iPhone or any Apple product. Newsflash: Apple hardware is expensive. However, so are BMW's, Louis Vuitton handbags, Playstation 3's, etc. High end, quality products are expensive to buy and usually expensive to maintain. But they are worth it to those with the means. I'm not rich, but I do enjoy a good living and don't mind paying a few dollars more for the "finer" things that I can afford. I'm not a "designer name" freak. I wouldn't buy Apple if they made a mediocer product; but they don't. They make the finest computer hardware available.

    The iPhone is not perfect. But neither is the Blackberry. None of them are. Blackberry batteries are cheaper and easy to replace. If that's what you need, why waste time whining about a product that admits upfront that the battery is not removable? If you were shocked by that fact then you don't pay attention very well. Why does every new device that is released have to be touted as an "X" killer? The iPhone isn't a Blackberry killer. Any idiot can see that. So why spend your time picking at things you don't like about a product that you aren't interested in buying any way?

    Like it or not, the iPhone is an amazing peice of technology and I would think that anyone would appreciate what Apple's done with this device. It's a first gen device that's been out about a week. Sure it has limitations. Sure it need improvment. But any gadget lover must appreciate what a break through it's technology really is. I remember Treo's not having removable batteries until the 650 series but that didn't seem to hinder sales nor it's fan base.

    I mean no offense by this statement and realize that this is a Blackberry forum BUT: I think that some of you aren't really technology enthuisists but merely BLACKBERRY enthusists and will find a reason to bad mouth anything that's NOT a RIM product.

    Flame away but I am a lover of Blackberry AND Apple products. I think there is room and marketshare in this world for both.
    Are u joking?
    It's about WORTH, iphone isn't worth the price...period, it's plastic with a few china made ic 's, not gold. lol
    ps....u don't have to read threads, u can "mark as read".
    Last edited by Lowrider; 07-10-2007 at 09:23 AM.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

  6. #36
    jwlussow's Avatar
    jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    101

    Re: IPhone Battery Change $90.00

    Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider
    Are u joking?
    It's about WORTH, iphone isn't worth the price...period, it's plastic with a few china made ic 's, not gold. lol
    ps....u don't have to read threads, u can "mark as read".
    It is worth it to me. RIM ignored the fact that they do not offer a Mac solution to syncing and software updates. Apple & AT&T does. The fact that the iPhone is glass, plastic and Chinese components that sync with a Mac compared to plastic with Chinese components that dont sync with a Mac does make a difference.

    If it's not for you great. Don't tell me it's not for me, though. What makes a 7100i worth $399 that doesn't make the iPhone worth $499?

  7. #37
    evilhomer's Avatar
    evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    PIN/ID
    24063991
    Posts
    136

    Re: IPhone Battery Change $90.00

    Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider
    Are u joking?
    It's about WORTH, iphone isn't worth the price...period, it's plastic with a few china made ic 's, not gold. lol
    ps....u don't have to read threads, u can "mark as read".
    Are you telling me that the Blackberry is not made of plastic and Asian parts? I guess you carry the only stainless steel and tempured glass screened RIM device in existance.

    You point about WORTH is silly. What in this world is actually WORTH what you pay for it? Do you think any of the technology that we carry today is worth anything a half year later? Most of the people that argue a Mercedes isn't worth $90k are those who can't afford one. Are they worth $90k? If you are willing to pay for the luxury then it certainly is.

    And the previous poster made a great point. There isn't a HUGE price difference between this and other device. It's on the high end, yes, but the Treo 750 was around $550 without a contract when released. The 8525 was somewhere in the $649 range. Sure they are cheaper under a new contract but your opportunity for that $150 savings only comes twice a year. Otherwise you are paying full retail. I paid $499 full retail for my curve. $100 less than my 8gig iPhone.

    Guess what? And let's keep this our little secret.... (the Curve is plastic too... ;-) )

    My whole point to begin with was this. This is a Blackberry forum to discuss Blackberry. I don't think it should just be a place to bash on everything that isn't a Blackberry. That's not productive and only serves to insult those who choose to own a Blackberry and another device like a PPC, Palm, iPhone, or just a regular cell phone. Making people feel stupid about what they buy or how much they spend on something shouldn't be a part of this forum. I know I have no control or say so on what people post but I just think it shouldn't be done. Blackberry users shouldn't have to defend themselves for trying out something different.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

  8. #38
    evilhomer's Avatar
    evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    PIN/ID
    24063991
    Posts
    136

    Re: IPhone Battery Change $90.00

    Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider
    ps....u don't have to read threads, u can "mark as read".
    And P.S. to you... Don't tell me what to read or how to use this forum.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

  9. #39
    jpl572103's Avatar
    jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    251

    Re: IPhone Battery Change $90.00

    quit bichin

  10. #40
    evilhomer's Avatar
    evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    PIN/ID
    24063991
    Posts
    136

    Re: IPhone Battery Change $90.00

    Quote Originally Posted by jpl572103
    quit bichin
    Sorry. I forgot that you owned the forum.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

  11. #41
    The SPCS Guy's Avatar
    The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8
    Posts
    232

    Re: IPhone Battery Change $90.00

    Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    Trust me, if RIM could guarantee yo sell half a million devices in a weekend, and make 55% margin, they'd charge the same! I'm not a huge fan of this phone, but this is capitalism at its best!
    THEY can! Just release a BB that is capabale of all those things in the Pearl form factor and it's done!

    JE

  12. #42
    rdills's Avatar
    rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,255
    Quote Originally Posted by jpl572103
    quit bichin
    Ha ha ha ha!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •