Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by cliffr39 BlackBerry batteries are $50-$55 (plus any tax/shipping fees) from RIM so ... Smartphone News forum

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: IPhone Battery Change $90.00

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    BlackBerry batteries are $50-$55 (plus any tax/shipping fees) from RIM so I don't think it's too obserd, since it gives much longer talk/use times. It's less than $90, about $85 ($79 service fee plus $6.95 shipping & handling) - yeah not much cheaper but.

Its not just about replacing your battery, its about having an extra in case of emergencies or if you just like having an extra.

I just got an extra oem battery online for 15 dollars shipped and I can swap it out in seconds. It would freak me out to not be able to have a spare battery on hand.
    Yes...the BB must have been created and bestowed upon
    us by the Almighty Himself because it is amazingly
    wonderful in all that it does to divert and entertain {LavaGirl}

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    I thought it was $80, oh well sucks for them

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

with my older phones I used to do the same, carry extras AND a car charger lol

but with this thing so far the battery has been more than double what I'm used to. Really is impressive and I hope that other phones start to offer more battery times like this has.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Apple doesn't play well with others. Plain and simple. I realized that in junior high when I had a state of the art Apple IIe. Why would you expect anythin else? Buy their products and use them on their terms. Buy their computer that you can't upgrade, buy their mp3 player that will only play their music you buy from them. Buy their phone you can't unlock, with the sim card you can't change, battery you can't have a spare for. If Apple made a car, you bet they would make it so you could only use iGas to run it. Who needs it?
    Andy

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    whats a iphone??
    owned!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

iGas lol

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    BlackBerry batteries are $50-$55 (plus any tax/shipping fees) from RIM so I don't think it's too obserd, since it gives much longer talk/use times. It's less than $90, about $85 ($79 service fee plus $6.95 shipping & handling) - yeah not much cheaper but.
    My OEM battery was $18 including shipping for my pearl. Plus I don't have to mail it in to change it out lol. And don't forget, you'll be without it for a couple days unless you want to rent one for $29 or whatever that fee was.
    Plus, let's wait 6 months and see how the battery holds up on the iPhone. I'm betting it holds up better than many out there, but nowhere near 5 times as long as my pearls. Rest assured there will be people sending theirs in before 2008!

jmarley no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Simply827
    And if you just got the phone, $500-600 at that, why should you have to replace the battery right now. So yeah, it sucks... Apple should address the issue and not charge for the batteries. They sold something that had more wrong with it than a little bug

who says they have replace the battery right now? i think the phone is too expensive esp since they are making 55% profit margin. but, i think the plan with AT&T is very reasonable, esp since the bb data plan is $40 alone plus minutes, when you get unlimited data and the same amt of minutes for 59 for iphone

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarley
    who says they have replace the battery right now? i think the phone is too expensive esp since they are making 55% profit margin. but, i think the plan with AT&T is very reasonable, esp since the bb data plan is $40 alone plus minutes, when you get unlimited data and the same amt of minutes for 59 for iphone
    Trust me, if RIM could guarantee yo sell half a million devices in a weekend, and make 55% margin, they'd charge the same! I'm not a huge fan of this phone, but this is capitalism at its best!

rttallie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204dbbbe

Actually, there is already an unlock code for the Iphone but from what I hear its hard to do. But obviously the only other company you could use the phone for is t-mobile. Being not as compatible, the internet is just slower and you can't access videos from say, YouTube. Pretty much, unlocking the phone for tmobile would turn the Iphone into a fancy blackberry. I work for t mobile and had a customer come in and show me all this, I must admit it was kindof cool to see the iphone with the t mobile logo, but if you want the full capabilities of the I phone, pay cingulars outrageous prices and get it.~via BB (w ap.pinstack.com)~

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    My OEM battery was $18 including shipping for my pearl.
    lol I know you can find them cheaper from 3rd parties and get OEM ones. I was just quoting the prices directly on BB's website as these are for the Apple iPhone (you know someone will have their own ones just like the iPod ones now). But yeah very expensive "hobby"
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by jwlussow
    I must be alone on this. The iPhone, overall is much cheaper than my 7100i. Let's look at my situation:

iPhone - $599.00
    Service - $59.00/month (450 "day" minutes + unlimited data)

7100i - $399.00
    Service - $140.00/month (300 "day" mnutes + unlimited data)

One year service with iPhone - $1107

One year service with 7100i - $2079

I know Nextel is expensive but I start saving money in under 6 months.

Your getting Screwed!
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah nextel is the worst! I pay 59.99 for 1000 anytime mins, free nights and weekends 19.99 for unlimited data plan,and favfive. Tmo is the best! At&t sucks too, I hear there's no phone insurance!

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

AT&T doesn't handle the insurance, Apple does through their Applecare system. It extends the warrantee to two years from purchase.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast