Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Verizon disables 3rd party access to GPS on all of their phones.... Smartphone News forum

imrtt no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Verizon disables 3rd party access to GPS on all of their phones.

monalisa no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Does this work only if the person your tracking has this same program?

Rnobleza no está en línea Stack level 1
    Any one have issues with getting the confirm email from the site?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I already use blip for this, and yeah I use it to see when my wife will get home, not where she is all the time (I have to hide the air pistol I bought my son haha)
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

imrtt no está en línea Stack level 2
    There is now a facebook app available for InstaMapper. You can embed a map with your current location on the facebook profile page.

http://apps.facebook.com/instamapper

bubba6465 no está en línea Stack level 1
    MyTracking is better: geofences with SMS alerts, virtual earth maps, google maps, and maps for PDA's, can track numerous devices simultaneously on the same map, a calendar to see tracks from previous days, etc.
    I dont have the link, but Google for "mytracking gps" or "mytrackingonline gps".

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Thumbs down real-time gps tracking

Quote Originally Posted by bubba6465 View Post
    MyTracking is better: geofences with SMS alerts, virtual earth maps, google maps, and maps for PDA's, can track numerous devices simultaneously on the same map, a calendar to see tracks from previous days, etc.
    I dont have the link, but Google for "mytracking gps" or "mytrackingonline gps".
    [FONT=Arial]
    [FONT=inherit] the downsides. First, the G1's GPS receiver doesn't match that of a dedicated GPS device; I couldn't get a signal inside CNET's offices, though my Garmin and indeed my iPhone do. Perhaps there's a kludge through Google's location technology that uses wireless networks and cell towers, but I only could use that to get the phone to show my current location.Second, the G1's battery is good enough for only about 5 hours of recording, according to Google. I can only confirm that after a little testing my phone's battery did draw down noticeably, a far cry from the three days or more I get out of my Garmin with two rechargeable AA batteries.Third, I'd like to be able to see topographic maps, or at least the terrain view of Google Maps. And how about integration with Google Earth on the Android? Oops, that's only available for the iPhone for now.Update 4:45 p.m. PST: I've played with this application a bit and concluded it is good, overall, if battery-sucking. However, I have some nit-picks and other comments:• The screen doesn't automatically scroll to follow my current position, though it does zoom out when my position moves off the edge of the screen. I'd like at least the option to keep me at the center of the screen.The elevation gauge thought I was going down when I was going up. Eventually it figured it out, so it's probably a GPS accuracy issue. Also, I couldn't find a way to adjust the vertical interval to get a closer look at my elevation gains and losses.• The G1's GPS abilities are limited. The phone never figured out where I was over two whole blocks in downtown San Francisco when my iPhone had little trouble. It worked with no trouble once I got to a more suburban area with two-story houses. This isn't the fault of the My Tracks software, of course, though it would be nice if lower down in the stack the phone's location system based on wireless networks and cell towers could give the GPS system a leg up.• I like the ability to send a link to an online map of my trip, but I couldn't figure out how to create a private map. And unpublicized map URLs may be more private than published ones, but they're still public. How about some truly private online maps as long as I'm logged into Google?• I'd like to be able to add tags such as "walking," "biking," "vacation," and "photos" to my online maps, not just descriptions.• The ability to Twitter and e-mail links to maps is nice, and I e-mailed myself the KML file of my trip with no trouble, letting me view it in Google Earth at my leisure.~quote~
    [FONT=Arial]by Stephen Shankland[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12