~~post via BB (, INDONESIA AND WATERLOO, ONTARIO-- July 27, 2006) - Indosat (NYSE:IIT), Sony ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod

Indosat, RIM and Sony Ericsson Announce BB Connect for M600i Mobile

~~post via BB (, INDONESIA AND WATERLOO, ONTARIO-- July 27, 2006) - Indosat (NYSE:IIT), Sony Ericsson and Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) today announced the availability of BlackBerry(R) Connect(TM) on Sony Ericsson's latest M600i mobile phone in Indonesia.The 3G-enabled Sony Ericsson M600i with BlackBerry Connect will allow customers to choose and enjoy the feature-rich capabilities of the mobile phone together with RIM's popular BlackBerry services. Supported BlackBerry features include "push"-based wireless email access, wireless email reconciliation and attachment viewing through BlackBerry Enterprise Server(TM) and BlackBerry Internet Service(TM). Additional features supported through BlackBerry Enterprise Server include:- wireless calendar synchronization;- remote look-up of corporate email address directory;- Triple DES encryption; and- IT policy enforcement and commands (such as remotely disabling or wiping data from a device in the event it is lost or stolen)."Mobile professionals around the world are increasingly recognizing the personal productivity and organizational benefits derived from the push-based BlackBerry platform," said Norm Lo, Vice President, Asia Pacific at Research In Motion. "RIM is pleased to work with Sony Ericsson and Indosat to bring the BlackBerry services to the M600i for customers in Indonesia. With BlackBerry Connect, M600i users will enjoy optimized wireless connectivity based on the unique and proven BlackBerry architecture.""Last year we successfully launched BlackBerry Connect on the P910 in joint effort with RIM and Indosat in Indonesia," said Alino Sugianto, Country Manager, Sony Ericsson Mobile Communication International AB, Indonesia Representative Office. "We are now looking forward to offering BlackBerry Connect on the M600i. Sony Ericsson is committed to working with partners such as RIM and Indosat to provide empowering mobile solutions for business customers.""We are working with Sony Ericsson and RIM to provide customers with a broader choice of handsets that can leverage the unique strengths and reliability of the proven BlackBerry platform," said Wahyu Wijayadi, Marketing Director of Indosat. "With the successful launch of BlackBerry Connect on the P910 last year, we are confident that the new Sony Ericsson M600i with BlackBerry Connect will be well-received in the market."For corporate customers, BlackBerry Enterprise Server software tightly integrates with Microsoft(R) Exchange, IBM Lotus(R) Domino(R) and works with existing enterprise systems to enable secure, push-based wireless access to email and other data.For individuals and smaller businesses, BlackBerry Internet Service allows users to access multiple corporate and personal email accounts (including Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino and most popular ISP email accounts) from a single device.The M600i provides email capability and a mobile phone together in an extremely stylish, slim device featuring a touch-screen display and handwriting recognition software. The M600i is the first Sony Ericsson mobile phone on Symbian OS 9.1 and UIQ 3.0, offering users great customization opportunities and the ability to purchase personal productivity and other applications online. At just 15mm thick, it is one of the slimmest business 3G devices.

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    just ask

Re: Indosat, RIM and Sony Ericsson Announce BB Connect for M600i Mobile

Hydn will any of this will be coming to U.S soon ~via BB (

knights no está en línea Stack level 1

has anyone tried this latest SE model? is the keyboard functioning like a SureType BB similar to 7100 series models?

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB ( googled this last night. It appears to come in 2 shades, white and black. It has a tall screen and looks to possibly be qwerty.

All in all, not a bad looking product.