Over 200,000 HSBC employees can breathe a sigh of relief! Last week it was reported ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

HSBC Dumping BlackBerry for iPhone? "Not a snowball's chance in hell"!

Advertisement

Over 200,000 HSBC employees can breathe a sigh of relief!

Last week it was reported - not here of course - that Global banking giant HSBC was considering ditching the BlackBerry and adopting Apple's iPhone as its standard staff mobile device, a move that could have resulted in an order for some 200,000 iPhones.

We'll, the problem is the fact that so many Web sites took the story and ran with it, repeating the erroneous news all over the Internet, from blogs to publications, and so few took the time to make two quick calls to verify whether it was actually happening.

This would have been BIG news, but the news turned out to be NOT news at all!

As one person internetnews.com called, who asked to remain anonymous, told them "there's not a snowball's chance in hell" it was happening.

[Read More]

Here's another good read:
    Fool.com: Will Apple Break HSBC Bank?

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Glad this didn't happen...that's my BankCard Company.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There are serious security issues precluding any competent company using the MobileMess for enterprise purposes.
    Apple's junk phones and crappy system should not be used for business purposes.
    Let all the wonks who waited in line a half day in order to spend eighteen hours at home trying to activate their paperweights so they could lose a bunch of emails while their batteries were going dead after ten minutes support Steve Jobs and his gang of greedy twerps.

Quote Originally Posted by fpasillas View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~using an iphone for bussiness is suicide. Battery that can't be exchanged when dead or shotty G3 network technology on the iphone make for a unreliable phone.
    It's not shoddy 3g network technology. It's the bad chips in the iMess handset. Job's is seriously hoping for a software fix, otherwise they're going to take it in the shorts exchanging the junk.
    RIM will not have the same problem. They don't manufacture novelty items-junk, they make the very BEST smartphones on the planet, and insure that the systems supporting them provide FLAWLESS FUNCTION.
    Last edited by Berryadict; 08-18-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: spelling

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Rumors are powerful things.......you really need to take everything you read with a grain of salt as they say. Always so much speculation without confirmation, that combined with the power of the world wide web can really blow things out of proportion in a hurry. I'm glad for RIM that it's a rumor, that would have been a big loss.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

fpasillas no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~using an iphone for bussiness is suicide. Battery that can't be exchanged when dead or shotty G3 network technology on the iphone make for a unreliable phone.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Glad this didn't happen...that's my BankCard Company.
    thats my mortage company....so glad they did't make the mistake....it would have cost me the HOME OWNER....LOL
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

nlewis44 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    If it aint broke, dont fix it. Blackberrys are the best tools that a person or company could ever hope for. Everytime I get a real time email,then check my calender while I listen to my music, I thank RIM for making this machine. Iphones are ipods that u can talk on, thats it. Blackberrys are business tools with a little fun mixed into it. Ill never ever own another phone.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    if a dev team can hack an iphone within 24 hours.. what real corporate company is going to trust there firmware???? if they do it would be beyond understanding.. also hsbc?? number sensitive material... they give out 8700s 8800s no camera.... there going to put iphones in peoples hands? i never believed this from day one.. but anyway viva la blackberry
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Ha ha.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    wow, that woul d have been crazy....
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I can't stress this enough the iphoney is a toy not a proper tool like a blackberry is. The blackberry will dazzle you with its brilliance unlike the iPhone that baffles you with its bull$@%t.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    i love BB, but their software is nowhere near perfect. 4.5 is a shining example of their flaws. everyone makes mistakes. even the almighty RIM.

aclayej no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    There are serious security issues precluding any competent company using the MobileMess for enterprise purposes.
    Apple's junk phones and crappy system should not be used for business purposes.
    Let all the wonks who waited in line a half day in order to spend eighteen hours at home trying to activate their paperweights so they could lose a bunch of emails while their batteries were going dead after ten minutes support Steve Jobs and his gang of greedy twerps.

It's not shoddy 3g network technology. It's the bad chips in the iMess handset. Job's is seriously hoping for a software fix, otherwise they're going to take it in the shorts exchanging the junk.
    RIM will not have the same problem. They don't manufacture novelty items-junk, they make the very BEST smartphones on the planet, and insure that the systems supporting them provide FLAWLESS FUNCTION.
    Well said! Exactly what I've been saying about Apple and the iPhone. Apple phones and computers are for people who don't know much about technology and how to use them. Sorry if there are any Mac people in here, but it's true. Apples are good for graphics, but they don't belong I the business world. I just seen a new iPhone commercial the other night that was geared toward business people too. Its not going to happen Apple, not back in the day and not now.

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    if a dev team can hack an iphone within 24 hours... what real corporate company is going to trust there firmware????
    The Dev team had firmware 2.0 hacked months before it was official released for the iPhone
    Last edited by r1ch007; 08-19-2008 at 04:09 PM.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by r1ch007 View Post
    The Dev team had firmware 2.0 hacked months before it was official released for the iPhone

Yeah like someone the size of HSBC would tke crap like that^^ and use it!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!