Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi PinStackers, Just to let you know we (GyPSii) just released an all-new version of ... Smartphone News forum

SamCritch no está en línea Developer

GyPSii - new version released

Advertisement

Hi PinStackers,

Just to let you know we (GyPSii) just released an all-new version of our Blackberry software. Readers kindly commented on the last one, and this one's much much improved. Here's the delta:

- Entirely rebuilt software which is infinitely (well, almost!) faster than the previous version
    - New UI design
    - Easier to use location-aware PlaceMe (photo-based life recording and sharing), SpaceMe (friend finder) and ExploreMe (search and discover)
    - Works on 81xx devices as well as 83xx and 88xx
    - Manually set location when GPS signal is weak or non-existent

The mobile download link is at http://gypsii.com/m .

Feel free to test it out and let us know if you run into problems.

Best wishes,

Sam (GyPSii)

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC
    What is Gypsii?
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Record your life in photo, video and audio on your mobile phone, automatically geotag your content and share it with your friends in real time on their mobiles and on the web

lokita2424 no está en línea Stack level 1
    How Do I Install This?!?!?

Lokita

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Doesn't anyone test stuff any more?

Quote Originally Posted by SamCritch View Post
    Hi PinStackers,

<snip blah blah blah...>

Feel free to test it out and let us know if you run into problems.

Best wishes,

Sam (GyPSii)
    Hey Sam, before you pop that champagne......

I downloaded and installed the BlackBerry Client, and then registered and was told to check the verification email. Guess what - I never got one. That was HOURS ago and still nothing.

So now, I thought I'd try logging in on the web site. Big surprise - I'm not recognized. So I go to the signup page with FireFox 2, and there are two signup forms displayed. So I try filling in one, but can't proceed because I'm told I have to accept the terms. So I make sure both forms are filled in identically but still get that error. Oh yea - attempting to have a verification email sent or my password sent both fail because it says I don't exist.

So now I try IE6. Now, only one form is displayed, but now it won't let me register because it says an ID already exists for my email address. So I try to resend the verification email. Thirty minutes later - still no email. So I try to have my password emailed to me. Another half hour and nothing.

That's it - your program is officially gone from MY BlackBerry. I've obviously spent more time on it than you have making sure the most fundamental stuff (THE REGISTRATION!) works. If you can't get a simple thing like that to work, how can I expect a safe, I certainly have no faith in the program.
    JerryD

Hi Lokita,

You should be able to install this by going to the following URL in the browser on your Blackberry:

http://gypsii.com/m

Once there, choose "Install Mobile Client" and then scroll down on the next page and select the Blackberry version you want from the list (US or UK English). On the next page click the small disk icon at the bottom and the application should download and install over the air. Once installed, make sure you have your 3rd party APN settings configured on your Blackberry by going to Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP and filling in the right APN for your operator.

Thanks,

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by lokita2424 View Post
    How Do I Install This?!?!?

Lokita

Hi JerryD,

Thanks for your posting, even input from frustrated users is useful to us, I'm sorry it didn't go the way it should. I re-ran quite close to what you experienced, please see the results in my comments inline:

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    Hey Sam, before you pop that champagne......

I downloaded and installed the BlackBerry Client, and then registered and was told to check the verification email. Guess what - I never got one. That was HOURS ago and still nothing.
    I set up a fresh email account (on Yahoo) to test this out. Then I registered on the Blackberry. The email arrived immediately, but it went in the spam folder. Can you check and see if yours is there? Do you have your own mail setup or are you using one of the big ones like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail etc? We're investigating why we're ending up in the spam folder, we had this problem a while back but not in the last couple of months since we made some changes to outgoing mail.

So now, I thought I'd try logging in on the web site. Big surprise - I'm not recognized. So I go to the signup page with FireFox 2, and there are two signup forms displayed. So I try filling in one, but can't proceed because I'm told I have to accept the terms. So I make sure both forms are filled in identically but still get that error. Oh yea - attempting to have a verification email sent or my password sent both fail because it says I don't exist.
    I tried this with Firefox 2.0.0.16 running on Windows XP Pro SP3. I went to the main page of www.gypsii.com and clicked "Sign Up" under the login form. I was taken to a page with a highlighted form on the left labelled "Join GyPSii". On the right there's another form labelled "Account Problems" where you can request another activation mail (which won't help if it also goes into your spam folder) or resend your password.

I filled in the Join GyPSii form in FF 2 on that page, including the captcha letter recognition, and checked the box labelled "I have read and agree to the Terms of Use" underneath the Sign Up button. Then I clicked "Sign Up". Then I was taken to a page saying an account had been created but that I had to confirm my email. Off to Yahoo mail again, where I see another confirmation mail, also in the spam folder. I clicked the confirmation link in it and the account now works.

So now I try IE6. Now, only one form is displayed, but now it won't let me register because it says an ID already exists for my email address. So I try to resend the verification email. Thirty minutes later - still no email. So I try to have my password emailed to me. Another half hour and nothing.
    On the same Windows XP machine I tried IE 6 (version 6.0.2900). It also works the same as above.

That's it - your program is officially gone from MY BlackBerry. I've obviously spent more time on it than you have making sure the most fundamental stuff (THE REGISTRATION!) works. If you can't get a simple thing like that to work, how can I expect a safe, I certainly have no faith in the program.
    Of course we don't want you to abandon us finally like you say, but we have tested quite a lot here. Can you please have a look in your spam folder and see if the registration mails ended up there? Apart from that, I've personally spent an hour or so trying all the things you did and haven't seen the same problems, so it could be something particular to your mail service or Blackberry operator. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sam

PS If anyone else is seeing the same problems as jdellasala/JerryD, please can you also post? Thanks.

lyramire no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    257f46e8
    I have an 8320, it did not work for me, it kept telling me to check my apn settings for 3rd party software, i checked the settings and it did nothing...

Hi lyramire,

Thanks for this, sorry for the inconvenience, we're going to try and debug.... can you answer the following questions:

1. Are you using the WiFi connection or the mobile data connection?
    2. Do you have other 3rd party software which is working on your 8320? In my experience the mail and browser work on the BIS settings, but other apps won't use these and need the separate APN.
    3. Which operator are you connected to?

Thanks,

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by lyramire View Post
    I have an 8320, it did not work for me, it kept telling me to check my apn settings for 3rd party software, i checked the settings and it did nothing...

PIN/ID
    257f46e8
    Quote Originally Posted by SamCritch View Post
    Hi lyramire,

Thanks for this, sorry for the inconvenience, we're going to try and debug.... can you answer the following questions:

1. Are you using the WiFi connection or the mobile data connection?
    2. Do you have other 3rd party software which is working on your 8320? In my experience the mail and browser work on the BIS settings, but other apps won't use these and need the separate APN.
    3. Which operator are you connected to?

Thanks,

Sam
    yesterday when I installed the application I had no other 3rd party apps on my bb I had just got it from tmo as a replacement, when I first tried it i was on wifi but then I was on the regular browser... how would I chage the other aps settings? I though there was only one?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lyramire; 07-25-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Hi lyramire,

I was wondering, have you tried it turning off the wifi? Sometimes 3rd-party apps have problems using the WiFi connection - it's certainly not allowed with some operators if the mobile phone is turned off, and sometimes I think only mail and the browser can use the wifi, it depends on the operator.

Your APN settings look okay to me, although I don't know your operator's WAP APN has a proxy which blocks certain types of communication? There's a thread of other people with similar difficulties with the same provider here - maybe try setting it to Internet2.voicestream.com as someone suggested. There's also more info here and a long and interesting thread here. Suggestions there are to hard-reboot the device (I've had to take the battery out of my 8310 a couple of times in the last year) or "resend service books", whatever that may be.

Please let us know how it goes!

yesterday when I installed the application I had no other 3rd party apps on my bb I had just got it from tmo as a replacement, when I first tried it i was on wifi but then I was on the regular browser... how would I chage the other aps settings? I though there was only one?
    Thanks,

Sam

PIN/ID
    257f46e8
    I wiped the hand held, I changed the apn settings to wap.voicestream.com and to internet2.voicestream.com I checked my pass word, everything I get an error server 900 login failed please check your apn settings for 3rd party applications... -i would like for it to work... It works on my bfs treo 750 just fine and he's treo doesn't even have gps.... Any one else having a problem with it?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I wiped the hand held, I changed the apn settings to wap.voicestream.com and to internet2.voicestream.com I checked my pass word, everything I get an error server 900 login failed please check your apn settings for 3rd party applications... -i would like for it to work... It works on my bfs treo 750 just fine and he's treo doesn't even have gps.... Any one else having a problem with it?
    Hi again lyramire,

A couple more questions (if I may):

- Can you send the exact text of the error message? Is it a BB device message or coming from our app?
    - Do you get this error as soon as you start the app or when you try to do anything?
    - What does the "bfs" in "bfs treo 750" mean? Do you have GyPSii running on your Treo?
    - Can you try hitting holding down the alt key and hitting l, then g, then l, then g again? You should get a log and if you can send the GyPSii part to me in a private message I'll forward it to our developers.

Thanks, Sam

cautor no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have one question. Does Gypsii on blackberry work only in USA and UK? I live in Slovenia. Opera Mini works ok, but Gypsii always says:
    "Gypsii server: 900
    Login failed. Please check your APN settings for 3rd party applications."

I really don't know what to do. I have all permissions set to "allow" and have correct TCP settings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast