AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands — GyPSii, the ground-breaking geo-location and social networking application for mobile phones ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

GyPSii Adds BlackBerry Support, Extends Mobile Location Services

Advertisement

AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands — GyPSii, the ground-breaking geo-location and social networking application for mobile phones and Internet devices, is now available for use on BlackBerry(R) smartphones, from Research In Motion (RIM).

Already compatible with Symbian and Windows Mobile-powered handsets, the support for BlackBerry smartphones means that GyPSii now runs on all the leading mobile operating systems, opening up the GyPSii application to the mass market for mobile consumers.

"The market for geo-location and social networking services on the mobile phone is primed for take-off," said Dan Harple, CEO of GyPSii. "What is vital to the success of these new services is to extend them to all mobile phones - not just a few high-end devices.

"By adding BlackBerry smartphone support, GyPSii is now in pole position to be the leading location application for mobile operators to offer subscribers, for them to access and enjoy across multiple handsets and operating systems - anytime, anywhere and on any device," continued Harple.

[Read More]

Press release:
    http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/...0News/1058919/

tnhl1989 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: GyPSii Adds BlackBerry Support, Extends Mobile Location Services

how would u add this to your blackberry?

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874

go to www.gypsii.com/m from your blackberry browser

SamCritch no está en línea Developer

Hi,

Just a quick note - this is optimised for 8310 and 8800 devices - we haven't tested on every single Blackberry there is so we're interested in hearing feedback.

Thanks,

Sam

anonymous no está en línea Stack level 2

I use a Verizon 8830 WE, it does not have REAL gps, does this work of gprs and cell towers too?

Hi anonymous,

We're working on Cell ID (tower location) for future releases, but unfortunately we don't have it in there currently. I'll keep you posted. At the moment I understand that the GPS on the Verizon Wireless flavour of the Blackberry Pearl is locked and only available to approved applications. Sorry about that....

Thanks,

Sam

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I tried it on my t-mobile BB00, it froze and stopped espell working when I opened e-mails. Now I cannot get espell working

BTW we just released a new version, totally rebuilt, which should fix the eSpell problem and also works on 81xx devices (Pearl) as well as 83xx and 88xx. The link is:

http://gypsii.com/m

Please let us know if there are still problems.

Thanks,

Sam

GuyThaLizard no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20944ef6
    GyPSii just came out with a new Blackberry App. (Feb. 5th, 2010) I installed it today it's awesome! it now has a mailbox for your contacts to communicate with you while you are on the go, too cool! I posted a screenshot and info on my blog ( http://gtl-network.tumblr.com )